So a lot of changes since open beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a lot of changes since open beta

I have not been playing too much since release but there has certainly been some changes.

1) Guild leves are not nearly as attractive any more. I did the Fishing Bearded Rock and in Open Beta I would receive 6-700 skill points when ever I caught a fish. Now I am lucky if I get 150.

2) You nearly get no high quality items. I have a bag full of fish and not a single +1. This has been seriously reduced as I got tons of these in open beta.

Now I am not complaining about these changes but it definetly makes it a lot harder to level up and make some money. I hope that the work that needs to be put into fishing pays out when reaching the higher levels.

Is this the same with mining and harvesting and what about crafting. Do the other classes have a harder time as well?
    Years ago I created Final Fishing so people playing FFXI could easily find information on how to fish. If you know of the site I hope you enjoyed using it and it helped you.
    Now I am trying to do the same for FFXIV. I plan on making this database for fishing, harvesting and mining while getting all the information that may be interesting for crafters as well. I hope you will take a look and that you find it interesting:

Disciples of the Land

Re: So a lot of changes since open beta

Yea, you're not supposed to get as much EXP as you used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kida View Post
      Is this the same with mining and harvesting and what about crafting. Do the other classes have a harder time as well?
      It was only during beta that SE intentionally inflated the leve rewards and drop rates. It was a way in which some players could get ahead quickly in as little time as possible so that SE could monitor issues that would arise as people progressed (in every aspect of the game) Think of it as a video of some plant growing and that you're watching the progress at high speed.

I always knew that the values were inflated and that it would come down. However, the rates at which people could gain levels would not change all that much as leve rewards are still significant. I don't think crafting was meant to be so easy that you could potentially gain 20-30 skill levels in one day of play. That would be too much like the ease at which you can level your craft in World of Warcraft and that game has already been criticized as being too easy.

Comment

I went from 1~4 smithing in 1 leve >.>b
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          I went from 1~4 smithing in 1 leve >.>b
          Your sig is too distracting. Mostly the goggles. I really want those for my Miqo'te. I was torn between CE and RE because of it.

Comment

I so can't wait for Season 2 of Strike Witches ^_^
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X