Flax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax

I'm starting to get close to R20 WVR recently and I've been looking for Flax all over the place for a fairly decent price. So far, I've found little to none. Are alchemist's hoarding it for Linseed Oil or am I just having a run of bad luck in finding some chep Flax on my own?

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Flax

Flax is not a common drop and only a few mobs drop them. Your best bet is to farm them off Roselings. I was working on a leve last night in Bloodshore and if you go through the tunnel west of the camp that leads to the "secret area" which is just 3 major sections joined together (you will see this on your map) you can occasionally find them. The chiglets will also drop them but it's quite rare off them. Ladybugs may drop them a bit more than chigs. Roselings are more abundant in the Skull Camp leve though and I've gotten as many as 2 or 3 flax plants to drop every time I do that one. I think, but don't quote me, fireflies in the Black Shroud drops them and I think dodos have dropped them once. Although, in retrospect, dodos have been known to drop all sorts of weird shit including a buffalo hide and walnut chip.

Comment

I've noticed the roselings. That's what I've been working on farming. Thanks for the spot. I'm going to have to head there tonight when I farm a little to check it out for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
        I've noticed the roselings. That's what I've been working on farming. Thanks for the spot. I'm going to have to head there tonight when I farm a little to check it out for myself.
        Be warned that some players already know about this and have set about farming these themselves. Not for sale though, because the drops are too uncommon and they only sell for 2k@ (global median price) which translates to roughly 20k gil per hour at the most -- spawns/claims aside. You could make 50k in that same time just doing leves and way more from crafting and selling mats.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
          Be warned that some players already know about this and have set about farming these themselves. Not for sale though, because the drops are too uncommon and they only sell for 2k@ (global median price) which translates to roughly 20k gil per hour at the most -- spawns/claims aside. You could make 50k in that same time just doing leves and way more from crafting and selling mats.
          When you said they were camped you weren't kidding. I feel like I'm waiting for Serket. There are about 7 people there killing Roselings all the time. I either need to find a new spot or just pick something else to do until the hype for Flax dies down.

Sidenote: JP players are mean when you try to camp on them... and use the auto-translate function well enough to hurt your feelings.

Comment

Fireflies/Glowflies/green flying dots in caves drop flax too.

Thats where I used to get it when linseed oil was still not made by anybody and I was desperate for dyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
              Fireflies/Glowflies/green flying dots in caves drop flax too.

Thats where I used to get it when linseed oil was still not made by anybody and I was desperate for dyes.
              Just tried this this morning. Not as much yield ad I would have hoped, but still better than fighting the JAP players. Thanks! XD!!!

Comment

Silly Japaneses and there crazy farming ;-;

Comment

Didn't SE change the drop rates for a bunch of items & monsters in the update? Maybe it's gotten better?

Also what is flax uses for exactly? I have 7 flowers stored away for safekeeping.

EDIT: HAH I knew it, you can harvest the stuff from G4 and G5 points in Grid & Ishguard. And it's used for Linen o.o do need.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

OMG Don't NECRO these things! Check last post before the one prior ... December 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X