• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conjurer Stats and Info

Weapons

Wands

Radicals

Abilities
    Profundity - Enunciate, increasing the magic potency of your next cast. Lengthens cast and recast times.

Purge - Alter an enemy's essence, rendering the target's elemental alignment neutral.

Roaming Soul - Hum your next spell, allowing movement while casting.

Spiritbind - Channel the elements, binding yourself and reducing MP consumption by half.

Trance Chant - Intensify your next cast, preventing it from being interrupted. (Optimal Rank - 2)

Weapon Skills
    Cure - Restores HP of allies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 4, Action Cost - 2, MP - 12, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 5 seconds, Range - AoE)

Fire - Deals Fire damage to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Fire)

Frost - Deals Ice damage over time to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Ice)

Thunder - Deals Lightning damage to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Lightning)

Water - Deals Water damage to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Water)

Aero - Deals Wind damage to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Wind)

Stone - Deals Earth damage to enemies within area of effect. (Optimal Rank - 1, Action Cost - 3, MP - 10, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 6 seconds, Range - AoE, Element - Earth)

Protect - Enhances defense of allies within area of effect. (Range - AoE)

Repose - Renders enemies within area of effect immobile. Does not effect non-moving targets. (Action Cost - 3, MP - 8, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 40 seconds, Range - AOE)

Stoneskin - Hardens skins of allies within area of effect, absorbing a certain amount of damage. (Action Cost - 2, MP - 12, Cast Time - 2 seconds, Recast - 30 seconds, Range - AOE, Element - Earth)

Shock Spikes - Armors you with Lightning spikes, stunning attacking enemies. (Action Cost - 3, MP - 8, Cast Time - 3 seconds, Recast - 10 seconds, Element - Lightning)

Description
    Conjury calls upon elemental forces present in nature and concentrates them to a potency at which spells can be weaved. Through practiced meditation on the essences of creation, conjurers draw forth and absorb aether from their immediate surroundings. A wand or cane made from unworked wood is then utilized to focus the aether until it manifests as the desired spell. The seat of the Conjurers' Guild lies at the Stillglade Fane in Gridania, where the voices of Eorzea's elementals are said to be the most powerful.

Conjurers are trained to coax metaphysical forces forth from the elements which comprise all of creation, allowing them to weave powerful spells.

Attuned to the essence of all things around them, the conjurers' intimacy with all forms of being enables them to shift between both offensive and defensive magic as needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Conjurer Stats and Info

With Spiritbind, are you binding yourself to a particular element, and reducing spells of that element by half? Or does it reduce all spells by half? The description seems a little vauge on how it works...

I'm also a little surprised to see Cure on the spell list there. It seemed to me that Conjurer was more of the elemental side of the Black Mage split from the dark side(which became Thaumaturge). I'm wondering if they will be able to use elemental spells at full power, or if they will be relatively weak compared to the other casters, giving up power for versatility like Red Mage did in FFXI.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

I imagine there will be advanced classes down the line where you can take specific conjurer spells and focus on them? Tanaka already talked about combining skills from various classes in order to create the old jobs like WHM.

Anyway, what the hell do they mean by "Optimal Rank" o. O?
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Bind is a status effect in XIV just like XI. I haven't gotten Spiritbind but I imagine it makes you unable to move. Looks like the optimal ranks listed are the ranks the spells unlock.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

In this version of the beta the minimum Rank (job level) to use equipment isn't enforced, I.E. A Rank 1 Conjurer can wear Rank 50 Conjurer equipment (stats are scaled down). As far as I can tell the Optimum Rank is the traditional "minimum equippable level" of an item.

For Beta I can see the point in this as we have essentially a small walled garden to play in, it is unclear if this will make it into retail or if other resitrictions will be applied to what you can or can not equip.
          - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
          Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
          My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Working...
          X