Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Status Ailments (How to spot them?)

Oh Firewind. You forgot one.

Silence- People who have otherwise kept quiet the whole time ironically begin to speak up about how they forgot to bring Echo Drops.

And this one is a favorite of mine:

Flash- "{Blindna}"
    Last edited by Ketaru; 11-12-2009, 08:55 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I've had a fair share of them just vanish into thin air in the middle of a party too.
      Cant tell you how many times I’ve seen this happen

They will /heal, then 27 seconds later
      /p {I’m sorry} {See you again} {Party}
      **POOF** they’re gone.
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
        Oh Firewind. You forgot one.

Silence- People who have otherwise kept quiet the whole time ironically begin to speak up about how they forgot to bring Echo Drops.

And this one is a favorite of mine:

Flash- "{Blindna}"
        But how can they speak if they are silenced?

Adding some more:

Plague
        The PLDs, BLUs, DRKs and that melee RDM who is supposed to be helping you to haste the alliance all begin to complain about "Chocobo Flu" over Vent.

Stunga
        You don't get blamed at over Vent for this wipe.

Disease
        The party discovers the /heal command then begin to whine about how useless resting is. As soon as this effect is removed the party instantly forgets all about the /heal command and goes back to refusing to /heal even when the healer has to rest MP.

Charm
        The SAM starts giggling like a schoolgirl as he fires off Sidewinders at the effected party member.

Silence
        The party blames the stunners for the party wipe over Vent instead of you.

Weakness
        The effected party member will continuously charge at whichever mob happens to be spamming the most dangerous AoE attacks at the time.

Gradual Petrification
        The Alliance/vent chat turns into a competition to see how many tasteless marijuana jokes can be made before the healers remove the effects or the party all petrifies.

Gravity
        The afflicted party member starts singing the theme song to "Six Million Dollar Man" over Vent.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

How indeed! The implications get more mind boggling every day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            Stunga
            Oh yes you will be blamed!
            The whole linkshell will ask you why you didn't cure because it is obvious your tanks are getting hit and cannot get shadows up.
            Don't expect them to believe you too got hit by it and are unable to act yourself, even if its range reaches far beyond 25 Yalms.

Nobody however wonders why that level 1 Taru mule 10 Yalms behind you is eating dirt though.
            Last edited by Shirai; 11-18-2009, 06:25 AM.
            Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post

Adding some more:

Plague
              The PLDs, BLUs, DRKs and that melee RDM who is supposed to be helping you to haste the alliance all begin to complain about "Chocobo Flu" over Vent.

Stunga

Disease
              The party discovers the /heal command then begin to whine about how useless resting is. As soon as this effect is removed the party instantly forgets all about the /heal command and goes back to refusing to /heal even when the healer has to rest MP.

Charm
              The SAM starts giggling like a schoolgirl as he fires off Sidewinders at the effected party member.

Silence
              The party blames the stunners for the party wipe over Vent instead of you.

Weakness
              The effected party member will continuously charge at whichever mob happens to be spamming the most dangerous AoE attacks at the time.

Gradual Petrification
              The Alliance/vent chat turns into a competition to see how many tasteless marijuana jokes can be made before the healers remove the effects or the party all petrifies.

Gravity
              The afflicted party member starts singing the theme song to "Six Million Dollar Man" over Vent.

LMAO this is SO true. I can't tell you how many times this is true.

You should add one for Melt Down. XD

Reminds me of the time I watched an almost entire alliance get wiped out by two meltdowns. A Red Mage pulled a cluster fvck of dolls right into the middle of our camp in SKY and of course, no one attacks the same doll............. ¬_¬
              °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
              sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

The best part about people dying to Meltdown is that they don't know you can run out of its range. Self-Destruct too. Makes for fun soloing. Mob dies in vain, you get EXP.

Comment

The most fun meltdown death I've seen is probably one from when I was duoing Sky FoV with a RNG friend. To sum it up: One one shotted Elvaan RNG. One perfectly find Huma WHM whose Stoneskin didn't even drop.

I love it when people think they're too good for barfire
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Regarding JP players I suspect it varies a lot by server. In general on Midgardsormr the JP community was a lot stronger and had a lot stricter etiquette rules than the NA community, and a lot higher general competence level to show for it (you got the sense people really were teaching each other how to play effectively). This started to turn around right around the time ToAU came out, with the influx of new Xbox360 players. It doesn't seem like there's a coherent community on either side of the language barrier now, and there's nothing language- or culture-specific about the fact that it's possible to get to 75 with a lot less effort and a lot less general competence than used to be the case.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

You're saying that the JP button is now broke?

Should we panic...........
                      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Not really. JP has its share of idiots, all that's happened is the myth of the JP button is eroding.

I've said it before but it bears repeating: I have JPs on my white-list, and I also have JPs on my black-list. Everything comes down to the individual player.

@Lunaryn: I'm kinda bummed that I missed out on that. It feels a lot like every man for himself these days on both sides of the fence.
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                        X