Lvl 20 Fights or Lvl 60 fights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lvl 20 Fights or Lvl 60 fights

Hello all new to SMN and a little confused.
    Which fights should I be doing to get the Avatars?
    Only other Avatar I have is Diabolos and I can't remember how I got him.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Lvl 20 Fights or Lvl 60 fights

If you have high level friends (or a high level job yourself), just do the uncapped Prime fights. They are soloable by any job nowadays.
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
      If you have high level friends (or a high level job yourself), just do the uncapped Prime fights. They are soloable by any job nowadays.
      Not only that, there's a somewhat useful trick if you don't do the level 20 fights. If you don't complete that quest, you can use the mini-tuning forks as a "free teleport" to any Cloister battle area, which can occasionally be useful for reaching the ones in more remote areas that would otherwise be dangerous or annoying to reach (Cloister of Fire, for instance).

Icemage

Comment

So either way the end result is the same? So i can go in the uncapped fights with a 99 JOB and should be cake right?
        Thanks again

Comment

Yes.
          Only the level 20 solo battles are capped the others you can enter at any level.
          Doing the mini battles puts you at a disadvantage because once you win, You lose the ability to teleport free to the crystal.
          I wish I'd obtained my avatars in the high lvl battle.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
            Not only that, there's a somewhat useful trick if you don't do the level 20 fights. If you don't complete that quest, you can use the mini-tuning forks as a "free teleport" to any Cloister battle area, which can occasionally be useful for reaching the ones in more remote areas that would otherwise be dangerous or annoying to reach (Cloister of Fire, for instance).

Icemage
            It's important to note that the mini tuning forks are only usable if your main job is set to SMN. That being said... still useful.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post

Icemage

Fire's annoying but not that bad. It's Tides that is by far the most aggravating... stupid Temple of Jank + the Den of Bullcrap.

And with the level cap at 99 now, yeah the 60 fights (which are uncapped) are a breeze
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I was able to solo all of them via my 99 BLM. Now I need to go back and fight them all again for the Whispers to collect all 6 for Fenrir mission. I saw the whole theory about using the NPC for the free warp but they can only warp you as level 20 so if someone knows the fix to that or what I should be doing please explain.
                Thanks

Comment

You can use the mini forks (if you kept them) to warp to the cloisters (via the same NPCS) if (and only if) your main job is SMN at the time. Therefore you must fight them AS A SMN or take the long way to get to the cloisters.

Remember!!! Do not trade the crystal your mini fork or you'll enter the level 20 capped fight.

Also: for future reference, this question was already answered above. Please take the time to read bak a few posts before asking questions in the event that it has already been answered.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X