Bye bye AoE-Enspells!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye AoE-Enspells!

Square ninja'ed AoE-Enspells out of our repertoire in this update.

I personally used to think of them as our 'answer' to Haste, and they really were nice and efficient.

I'm a WHM also, so this kinda hasn't sunk in properly yet, since I'm so excited about all the new toys I got. But I guess it hits me in the face next time I change to SCH. :/

We're still excellent buffers, that doesn't change. But I can't help feeling a little let down by this. I was actually hoping for some new offensive buffs for SCH someday, maybe in the far away future, but someday. This kind of kills that dream. I guess I was expecting too much, as usual. ^^

Is this an outrage, or is it 'just another nerf' to you?
    The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Re: Bye bye AoE-Enspells!

I don't think it's a nerf, I think it's a bug. Same with PUP, and BST. They were clearly dicking around with the Enspell system, and I think they probably just "crossed some wires" somewhere.

Because if they didn't. And PUP and BST and SCH are supposed to be like this. fail

Seriously, it works the way it is, why change PUP's ranged attack, and BST's ability to charm cactaur's and slimes, along with sch's ability to enspellga it's parties. Their just bugs. An update of this size, i wouldn't be surprised to see multiple maintenances to correct problems, in the next few weeks.

EDIT:
    I will use this topic though, to ask some questions, as to the way these updates are integrated into the active game. I know enough programing to say "Hello World" in java and that's about it, so someone with some experience, correct/speculate with me.

I think they were using their test servers to build the update changes, and they were probably working on BST, PUP, SCH, WHM, RDM, SMN, ETC., etc. After a few months of testing, the deadline date, came up, and all they had finished was the RDM/WHM/SMN portion of the update, but they had still messed around with PUP, BST, etc.

We'll as they were covering their tracks to push out the update, as bug free as possible, they didn't completely clean out the area's that didn't get approved to be released.

Just a theroy.
    Last edited by ShepardG; 04-09-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I figured it's like... 'hay let's make RDM's the masters of Enspell again with these new tier2 thingies, and remove the stuff from SCH while we're at it!'. -.- But then again, it would be just like Square to just go 'oops!'.

Yeah I'm really keeping my fingers crossed here.
      The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Or SE is considering giving AOE enspells to RDM, and maybe giving SCH their own tool to compensate; they just didn't have time to ship it in this update. Or they wanted to see how this update would work out before making more tweaks.

Comment

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Apr. 8, 2009, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Able to store augmented items with NPC that can store certain equipments
          * When augmented items are returned, bonus attributes("augments") will be removed from them.

- Amount of damage done by Automaton's range attack has decreased.

- Amount of damage done by certain blue magic has decreased.

- Beastmaster's ability "Charm" is invalid against certain monsters.

- Effect of Scholar's ability "Accession" will not apply on following white magic.
          Enfire/Enblizzard/Enaero/Enstone/Enthunder/Enwater

We apologize for any invonvenience they may be causing.

There. Thanks S-E!

zitah.nu

Comment

was that an actual message from SE?

Comment

Yus, it's on the official page.

zitah.nu

Comment

If they were going to gimp something on sch for rdm's sake it should have been phalanxga. >_> <_<
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                X