Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shura Togi? And SAM/RNG question;

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    I don't know how many times I have to say costs are irrelevant; I own Haub, I own Togi, I own KO, I'm just making an objective observation.
    I brought up the issues of cost and cost effectiveness because you opened with the observation that most SAMs run around in Haubergeon and other non-Shura bodies. In the case of Haubergeon, if you still have any doubt, it's because it's (more) effective (and easy to get and cost effective).

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    @Malacite, if your weaponskill frequency is high, but you're hitting like a school girl, it's safe to say the opposite would compare. No matter what, you're hitting a lot more than you're weaponskilling, and it's just something to consider.
    Well, this is not a test per se, but if you want some facts, here's what one Haubergeon SAM (i.e. I, Itazura) did in Dynamis just this past Wednesday:
    Build: 5 + 1 WS to 100% TP
    Food: Yellow Curry Bun
    Melee damage: 36832
    WS damage: 70438
    Accuracy: 87%
    So, About 65% of the total damage is from WS's.

Here's on a polearm (Tomoe) build (still Haubergeon) on Greater Colibri:
    Build: not sure... was my first (and only) merit party on SAM.
    Food: Crab Sushi
    Melee damage: 30127
    WS damage: 48962
    Accuracy: 89%
    About 61% of the total damage is from WS's--on a critter which likes to erase my TP. (And, from the accuracy number, you can tell the extra accuracy from the Haubergeon was helpful.)

As far as I can tell, no matter what, WS's are a bigger part of my damage than melee output.

In case you think I'm a special case, other SAMs in Dynamis: (melee, WS)
    SAM1: (13822, 22586) (came late)
    SAM2: (19211, 14458) (This is our weakest SAM. lol.)
    SAM3: (13767, 14351) (SAM73; left early)
    SAM4: (29782, 34346)
    As you can see, it's perfectly normal for SAM to WS for more damage than melee'ing, except for the one weak SAM (who has really lousy WS averages).

If Dynamis isn't your cup of tea, let's see some merit party parses:
    Apr 14 (Greater Colibri):
    - SAM1 (109518, 163691)

Mar 27 (Mamool Ja):
    - SAM1 (174833, 237237)

Mar 26 (Greater Colibri):
    - SAM1 (57565, 75643)
    - SAM2 (62681, 70994) (lazy SAM who likes to hold TP)
    All data are from saved parses. and alll three were pickup parties, so I didn't cherry pick people to suit my ideas--those are the SAMs' output in my last three parties.

So, still think "No matter what, you're hitting a lot more than you're weaponskilling"? Or are you willing to admit your assumption is flawed, and thus should re-examine your arguments?
    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 04-24-2010, 05:09 AM.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Okay, but what builds did these Samurais have? Were they Haste builds? sTP builds? Where's a comparative ATTACK build vs. a 5-hit? Of course if they're usualy sTP and haste, they're sacrificing +Attack/+STR/ etc. Their weaponskill damage is not the argument.

The argument is total damage done in a set period of time; a haste setup focuses mainly on weaponskilling frequently to do the most damage, and attack setup focuses on hitting high and doing weaponskills. The argument is if the attack+ augments melee swings enough to bring the attack damage + weaponskill damage more than the total damage of a sTP/Haste build's.

Looking at the parse results it seems that Damage/WS Damage are not too far from eachother ; is it not plausible to say that focusing on increasing the damage from melee swings could result in more damage overall? Yes, there will be more weaponskills done by the haste/sTP build, but will that compare to the over-buffed swings from a pure attack build?

I also see your eagerness to try and falsify my, "assumption," (read: oberservational theory); there's nothing that contains enough cogency to alter my opinion on the fact, unless a parse is specifically done with an attack build vs. sTP, same race, same food, same mob, same buffs, etc.
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

I give up; make your attack build, and concentrate on melee damage.

If you think Haste only improves WS frequency and has little to do with melee DoT output, there's really no point in continuing this farce.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I see no farce, I'm just exploring my options here. It's perfectly logical that hitting high could be > than hitting fast, I don't see why you're so eager to try and "falsify my assumption and cause me to reconsider"? I do appreciate the rebuke.. but you'll have to do better than post a few parses that only correlate to a haste/sTP and unkown builds. Which again, I do appreciate the effort, and thank you kindly for.
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

@OP: READ THIS.
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
            X