samurai ws damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samurai ws damage

Hmm that's not entirely true. Amanomurakumo still whoops Hagun hard (as it should being a Relic) especially when augmented with the DMG +5 from the Trials.

Kurodachi also IMO mops the floor with it because of the dramatic increase to WS frequency and DPS.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Last test I saw had them near or even to one another either way, And the worse the gap in level to your target gets, the worst the OAT Gkatana does, If I'm remembering correctly

Comment

Yes Hagun really shines vs higher level targets, but I severely doubt the 20% more WSD beats out 40% more WS & attacks.

The update will likely have Kurodachi and the other weapons evolve into OAT 2-3x weapons, which will really (and finally) bring Hagun's tyrannical reign to an end.
        sigpic

Comment

I really hope so, Mal, Not that I have anything against the sword, but SE has a problem about creating a piece of gear that does better than everything else and then never coming out with something that works better. I mean, E. Body...really... seriously? It's been 6 f'ing years SE....seriously? (I know they just came out with Noctournus body, which is amazing, but it took them 6 years ><)

Comment

The sad thing is E Body still beats Nocturnus on the jobs that can't wear it.
            sigpic

Comment

this is probably a dumb question but...Ebody is Adaman/Amada Hauberk correct?
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Correct
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                  Ebody is Adaman/Amada Hauberk correct?
                  No not a dumb question at all. I'm gonna be honest, I stared at Aksaynni's signature for like 5 months before I was like "WTFISTHAT!!!RESEARCH!@!!!!" and I was like ....ohhhhhhhh ^^

Comment

Question, when is too much STR too much? What I mean is does it work like tiers as in you need to be over 140 STR to see a statistically significant difference compared to just being at 120-130 STR.

Comment

There are no tiers. You can cap your fSTR, the bonus DMG you get on all your physical attacks based on the difference between your STR and the mob's VIT, but WS stat mods have no cap. It takes 4 STR to increase fSTR by 1 (except in cases where your STR is very, very low.) For Hagun or any other weapon in the 72-80 DMG range, fSTR caps at +16 DMG which happens when your STR exceeds the enemy's VIT by 60 points. A Lv.80 VT WAR/WAR with D ranked VIT has 75 VIT, at 85 it would have 80 VIT. So by 140 STR you'll have capped fSTR on just about any EXP mob.

fSTR cap is given by 8+floor(DMG/9). fSTR is given by (STR-VIT+4)/4 so the STR-VIT difference needed to cap is (fSTR cap * 4) - 4.

Comment

As far as Y/G/K goes, there is only one singular scenario where you can have 'too much' STR, and that is when your WS accuracy is uncapped. In most cases changing your food is the easiest remedy, however if you are still uncapped post-pizza/sushi then you have 'too much' STR in the sense that you need to ditch some of it for a bit of Accuracy+.

As far as affecting maximum damage output, STR is the only WSC modifier for Y/G/K, as such you can never, ever have too much of it.
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Working...
                        X