Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samurai ws damage

Hi

Does any 1 know the damage formula for Samurai Weapon skills damage specifically Gekko.

I'm not a poorly equipped sam, no enadgame rare/ex but i get by.
    I'm using on ws :
    Katana Str +5
    Hatchiman Head str +3
    warwolf belt str +5
    2* victory ring str +8
    Pallas bracelets str +9
    Hatchiman body Str +8
    mythril grip Str +2 (? i think)
    fowling earring str +1
    Forth scholss Str +3
    Maring M Boots Str +3
    amemet mantle +1 Str +2
    so thats str +49
    add hasso and I'm on str +59. I'm sure I'm wrong on the stats on a few of these cause in game with hasso I'm on str 63+65 on ws.

my ws damage is only 350 al the lowset and average 600. Have got the occasional 900 but thats only when double att procs. I'm not using any boost skills like beserk sa etc or any food. do these numbers sound correct for my gear set with 100 tp. (tests are on campaign mobs cause there easily available)

I've been playing around with /thf and I'm getting 850 average with sa then 650 ish when the mob turns with overvelm trait (1 merit) Got one 1100 last night but again thats a rarity.

Is the answer to my question just get a Hagun to see my damage rise?
    Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
    Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
    Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Re: samurai ws damage

Originally posted by Reverent Knight View Post
    Hi

Does any 1 know the damage formula for Samurai Weapon skills damage specifically Gekko.

I'm not a poorly equipped sam, no enadgame rare/ex but i get by.
    I'm using on ws :
    Katana Str +5
    Hatchiman Head str +3
    warwolf belt str +5
    2* victory ring str +8
    Pallas bracelets str +9
    Hatchiman body Str +8
    mythril grip Str +2 (? i think)
    fowling earring str +1
    Forth scholss Str +3
    Maring M Boots Str +3
    amemet mantle +1 Str +2
    so thats str +49
    add hasso and I'm on str +59. I'm sure I'm wrong on the stats on a few of these cause in game with hasso I'm on str 63+65 on ws.

my ws damage is only 350 al the lowset and average 600. Have got the occasional 900 but thats only when double att procs. I'm not using any boost skills like beserk sa etc or any food. do these numbers sound correct for my gear set with 100 tp. (tests are on campaign mobs cause there easily available)

I've been playing around with /thf and I'm getting 850 average with sa then 650 ish when the mob turns with overvelm trait (1 merit) Got one 1100 last night but again thats a rarity.

Is the answer to my question just get a Hagun to see my damage rise?

You will notice a substantial increase in output if/when you get a Hagun.

That said, you still want to back it up with decent gear. I've seen a lot of Hagun samurais that just have that...and easily get outparsed by someone who doesn't have one and has otherwise good gear.

As far as improvements on gear goes, I would replace your head piece with a Wyvern Helm(+1). If you don't have Shura, I would just use the AF legs for WS as well. Also, what GK do you use? I hear Shinsoku/Onimaru are good alternatives to Hagun.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Ive got both Shinsoku/Onimaru. I swapped back to shinsoku recently for the +5 str. and as far as the wyvern helm goes I've only got 6 equip macro slots and the bonus from the wyvern helm is only +2 on the hatchiman head piece and I'd loose more than the +2 gained if i dropped any other piece from the swap macro. Arnt the AF legs DEX +4 rather than str plus? not sure i've never used them.

Its an if for the hagun. IDK how people make that kinda money 3 mil on bismark to blow on just one weapon.
      Whats the deal with the Onimaru that makes it so good? its 83 damage when your under 100tp compared with 80 dmg str +5 and very occasonal tp drain so idk why people use Onimaru over Shinsoku cept the first once a cool blue colour
      Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
      Alchemy 23 Cooking 23

Comment

There should be the hidden effect (+acc and +attack) in Onimaru.
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I forgot about the hidden effect, i have heard about it. Ive checked when i do my equip swap my att goes from 403 in my tp gear down to something like 378, its the swap for str plus worth the loss of more than 20 attack?
          I mean when i swap i loose 10 attack on my hauby 20 att on my kote and 14 att on my dusk trousers. How much does attack come into weapon skills?
          Alchemy 23 Cooking 23

Comment

Here's the easiest way to go about this. Read sections I, II, and III of this guide: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/par...s-dummies.html Then come back and ask questions about what you don't understand.

Comment

Ive got both Shinsoku/Onimaru. I swapped back to shinsoku recently for the +5 str. and as far as the wyvern helm goes I've only got 6 equip macro slots and the bonus from the wyvern helm is only +2 on the hatchiman head piece and I'd loose more than the +2 gained if i dropped any other piece from the swap macro. Arnt the AF legs DEX +4 rather than str plus? not sure i've never used them.

Its an if for the hagun. IDK how people make that kinda money 3 mil on bismark to blow on just one weapon.
              Whats the deal with the Onimaru that makes it so good? its 83 damage when your under 100tp compared with 80 dmg str +5 and very occasonal tp drain so idk why people use Onimaru over Shinsoku cept the first once a cool blue colour

Don't forget you can add at least one more gear swap to the actual ws macro.

example

Equip Legs "Aurum cuisses"
              /wait 1
              /ws "Steel Cyclone"
              /wait 2
              /equip Legs "Byakko's haidate"

I even added an ability line between the first equip and first wait for Warrior's Charge.

Forgive me if you are already using extra lines in your ws macro for something else. My knowledge about Sam at level 75 is limited.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Actually, the ENM for the Hagun is pretty easy. I've done it with total of 3 people(1 Mnk/Nin, 1 Sam/Nin, 1 Rdm/Nin). Drop rate isn't that great and you can do once every 5 RL days. My group averaged a Hagun every month(and only 1 Foragers in like 6 months, wtf?). I will have to disagree though about 3 M being to expensive. Considering the drop rate and inability to spam it like BC/KS NMs, the the face that it is THE best katana for Sam under 300 TP.

Also, for certain pieces that give minimum Str (Schlosses +4 Str), you may want to keep items that yield a greater benifit (Byakko's Haidates, due to much greater increase to possible Crit chance on WS).

Remember, you can crit on SAM WS, you can Double Att on SAM WS, and you can do both on the same WS.

P.S. Finish CoP. Raja's ring is godly for SAM, hell any DD. Also, you can work on get WS gorgets once you have Sea access

Comment

Remember, you can crit on SAM WS, you can Double Att on SAM WS, and you can do both on the same WS.
                  Eh? Says who? WS can't crit by default, unless they say they have a chance to crit. SAM WS are all "damage varies by TP," none of them crit.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    Eh? Says who? WS can't crit by default, unless they say they have a chance to crit. SAM WS are all "damage varies by TP," none of them crit.

Oh yes they do >.> otherwise how do you explain fluctuating damage when ws @ 100%?
                    Originally posted by Van Wilder
                    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Oh yes they do >.> otherwise how do you explain fluctuating damage when ws @ 100%?
                      Double Attacks, or just plain damage variance.

Comment

Go without any double attack and watch your WS damage. Occationall it will do double damage (i.e. Crit.) You can crit on your WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitung View Post
                          Occationall it will do double damage (i.e. Crit.)
                          (-.-)\

Dude, just read Armando's flipping guide. The "for dummies" bit is just a trademark rip-off, he's not insulting you! Honest! You're not really a "dummy" unless you aren't willing to learn.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'm not a SAM. I can't test it. All I know is that, by default, no WS can crit unless the description says so. This is a general truth. There could be an exception. I don't know. But you're gonna have to show proof.

Comment

I'm working on getting a parser program for multiple tests on different things. As for the guide, yes it is a very nice guide. But note that there are variances out there that are not shown within forumlas. I am simply going from my experience as a 75 Sam.

You can especially notice that you can crit on Sam WS (non-elemental, very rare on multihit as it may only crit on one of the blows) when subbing /Nin without double attack gear (Brutal Earring, Polearm Grip, etc.) It is also noticable when in a level sync party and not subbing /war. Lets say your average WS damage on a bird in a merit party is 500 damage. If you double attack, looks like 1000 damage. Then you have the spikes of 1300+ damage. If already showing that double attacking (noted by the additional 1-2 TP gained after the WS), then where does the additional damage come from?

As well, it is true that not all WS can crit. From my long experience as a Rng, Sidewinder is one of those WS. But knowing and being use to that, when playing Sam I especially notice the differences in my WS damage. Rng is always so constant that when you play Sam and you see your WS doing anywhere from 300 damage (1TP regain, very rare but it does happen) to 1400 damage, you wonder as to exactly how many factors play into melee WS damage. As for the WS that state "Increase chance for Critical", how is that to say that WSs can crit, just that WS has a much greater chance to Crit.
                              Last edited by Tokitung; 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X