This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maat [G5]

I'm closing in on Genkai 5 and I have just one question... Where are the samurai strategies at? Chances are I won't have the gil to give this multiple tries so I'd like to go in prepared.

Let's turn this into a G5 thread.

Known info:
    Samurai Testimony droppers
    *Gore Demon >> 71-73 Zvahl Baileys (lower pit) 16min pop time
    *Blood Demon >> 64-66 Zvahl Baileys 16min pop time
    *Yagudo Templar >> [NM] 72-74 Altar Room, Oztroja 16min pop time
    EDIT: The Yaguo Templar has a 100% drop- rate. If Tzee Xicu isn't up, this is where you should get your testimony.

I got my paper from Gore Demon at zvahl, drop rate was good though, and about the maat stratgey all you have to do is make 3 renkeis(skill chains) so this will may work~
    Once you get in, Rice ball or whatever >Meditate then use >Third Eye > go to maat quickly use Tachi:jinpu then Meikyo Shisui(2HR) >Tachi:Gekko>Tachi:Yukikaze>Tachi:Gekko then maat should give up thats worked good with me because none of my hits missed and i won in first time fighting maat, Battle time was 1:30sec
    hope that gonna work for humn/samurai.
    |Xiphoid|SAM72.WAR37.THF30 RNG19.MNK18.NIN15. - Sandoria Rank 9 - Banned!
    |Revenge|WAR68.MNK37.NIN37.SAM12.WHM12.RNG6.THF6. - Sandoria Rank 10 - Active!

Comment

maybe buy some optical soup to take in as food instead of mithkabob or riceball?

that's the only food i know of that enhances accuracy..

also, couldn't you just use jinpu 4 times, since a 2 hitter has less likelihood of missing than a 1 hitter?

jinpu>jinpu(detonation)>jinpu(scission)>jinpu(detonation)?

ehh.. i'll try it out once i'm there..

if that's really all we have to do, i just about pissed my pants from laughing so hard at the ease of this genkai XD

although it'd suck if maat decided to meikyo shisui right after you did x_x;

wwwwww {Do you have it?}

Comment

I'll piss my pants if its that easy for you. I thought it was supposed to be semi-challenging, not a cake-walk.
        DRK75/WAR75/BLU75/RNG75/NIN72

Comment

luck = skill................

I finished this fight today and I'll post my "strategy"
          Ran in used meditate, I went ahead and ate a reraise potion since I've had one sitting around forever. While waiting for meditate to recharge I equipped oppo necklace and slept myself to get some extra tp for some extra damage. I ate a mithra chiefkabob, and when med was ready I third eyed and went in.
          As soon as you hit him he does his 2hour.
          I used yukikaze, then 2hour, gekkou
          I then tried to activate meditate and use gekkou again but he used shoulder tackle and I was stunned, which kind of threw off my whole strategy.
          as soon as I was unstunned my renkeis were messed up so I just started using whatever.
          I did gekkou>yukikaze, meditate was taking too long to charge up so I used an icarus wing.
          At this point, I have exactly 1 hp, he attacks me again and I parry it.
          Gekkou
          maat go to died
          At first I wasn't even sure if I won. I thought 1hp, maybe it just doesn't show me dying if I lose, so I was nervous the entire way back to maat in rulude.
          But I have you say, you really should wait until 70 to do this so you're at your strongest.
          And make a general strategy, but don't plan on being able to follow it exactly how you wanted, nothing ever goes according to plan.
          MiyamotoMusashi
          Bastok Missions completed
          Zilart Missions completed

Comment

Congrats on beating Maat David.
            Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
            Goldsmith - 85.2

Comment

Originally posted by Rico
              Congrats on beating Maat David.
              Expecially with 1 HP :spin:
              JohNNY

Comment

Hmm that shoulder tackle has me spooked. My plan was to build a bit of TP, maybe about 60%ish > meditate > enpi into jinpuu. Then wait till i hit 100 % again. do enpi > two hour > gekko >yukikaze > the light ws whatever that is (å…_之太刀). . . and pray i didn't miss any of that/get stuned/die. If each of those landed as planed it'd be more than the required 3 so it aughta work.

Comment

Interesting. I was expecting him to be mad hard. Sticking 3 renkei should be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
                    Hmm that shoulder tackle has me spooked. My plan was to build a bit of TP, maybe about 60%ish > meditate > enpi into jinpuu. Then wait till i hit 100 % again. do enpi > two hour > gekko >yukikaze > the light ws whatever that is (兟之太刀). . . and pray i didn't miss any of that/get stuned/die. If each of those landed as planed it'd be more than the required 3 so it aughta work.
                    by the time you build tp to 60 through regular hits, you'll be dead
                    MiyamotoMusashi
                    Bastok Missions completed
                    Zilart Missions completed

Comment

Re: luck = skill................

Originally posted by davidmmmm9
                      I finished this fight today and I'll post my "strategy"
                      Ran in used meditate, I went ahead and ate a reraise potion since I've had one sitting around forever. While waiting for meditate to recharge I equipped oppo necklace and slept myself to get some extra tp for some extra damage. I ate a mithra chiefkabob, and when med was ready I third eyed and went in.
                      As soon as you hit him he does his 2hour.
                      I used yukikaze, then 2hour, gekkou
                      I then tried to activate meditate and use gekkou again but he used shoulder tackle and I was stunned, which kind of threw off my whole strategy.
                      as soon as I was unstunned my renkeis were messed up so I just started using whatever.
                      I did gekkou>yukikaze, meditate was taking too long to charge up so I used an icarus wing.
                      At this point, I have exactly 1 hp, he attacks me again and I parry it.
                      Gekkou
                      maat go to died
                      At first I wasn't even sure if I won. I thought 1hp, maybe it just doesn't show me dying if I lose, so I was nervous the entire way back to maat in rulude.
                      But I have you say, you really should wait until 70 to do this so you're at your strongest.
                      And make a general strategy, but don't plan on being able to follow it exactly how you wanted, nothing ever goes according to plan.
                      lucky hume hehe i had like 250HP left i was able to kill him but he gave up.
                      |Xiphoid|SAM72.WAR37.THF30 RNG19.MNK18.NIN15. - Sandoria Rank 9 - Banned!
                      |Revenge|WAR68.MNK37.NIN37.SAM12.WHM12.RNG6.THF6. - Sandoria Rank 10 - Active!

Comment

Originally posted by davidmmmm9

by the time you build tp to 60 through regular hits, you'll be dead
                        He's that mean eh? Items it is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kujo412
                          also, couldn't you just use jinpu 4 times, since a 2 hitter has less likelihood of missing than a 1 hitter?

jinpu>jinpu(detonation)>jinpu(scission)>jinpu(detonation)?

ehh.. i'll try it out once i'm there..

if that's really all we have to do, i just about pissed my pants from laughing so hard at the ease of this genkai XD

although it'd suck if maat decided to meikyo shisui right after you did x_x;
                          This is probably the best strategy. I tested it on a Easy Prey mob and you can chain jinpu endlessly until you yun out of tp. I'm definitely going with jinpu chains over yukikaze, etc because I tend to miss with 1-hit ws where as Jinpu (and enpi, but lower damage) is almost gauranteed to hit because iits a 2-hitter and has reasonable accuracy. Yukikaze (and gekko too, but I don't have it yet) may do great damage, but if you can just do jinpu and not get stunned why not go for it?

Title: Sergeant Major
                          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

I fought maat twice currently lvl 68. First time i was foolish and tested some things out. Second time i took an Ica wing , Riceball. Meditated. After medi was ready rushed in did Gekko>Yuki>Gekko>yuki>gekko. when i got the 2nd yuki i got shoulder tackled stunned scewed up sc as i used wing i got killed he had about 5 persent hp left i had around 120 hp at the time ; ;. Hopefully ill get him at 70.

Comment

The 3 renkei thing did not work for me. I went Jinpu all the way, got 3 renkei, and still he gutted me.

Comment

Working...
                              X