This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM AF Quests 101

OK here is going to be some quick information about the quests concerning the Red Mage Artifact Armor. This will be multiple post, each post for each AF quest. I know their are some posts about this, but this post will have the direct information embedded into it, you can also discuss it here like post any changes or adjustments that you see fit, stuff I may have left out etc. Please note most of the info here is from Aracelt of Allakhazam.com, although I just moved the info around and included images that were not present in his post. I just feel the need to post here in these forums for all of our visitors and members to use at the ease of staying in one forum (not saying our forum is better) and so that incase anything happens with Allakhazam(like say their servers go down or site shuts down, all their user's posts, such as Aracelt's would be lost for redirecting etc...)

The Crimson Ordeal - Red Mage AF1

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of Level 40+

Items Required:Davoi Storage Key, Orcish Dry Food

Reward: Fencing Degen (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
    Talk to Sharzalion, Located in the "Lion Springs Tavern", at South San d'Oria. He is directly on your right after you enter the tavern. Position: (K-6)

Once you are at least a Lv.40 RDM, you will get the quest from him and he tells you he wants some Orcish Dry Food.

Heres what you do to get the Orcish Dry Food:
    Head to Davoi and go to E-10. Once you reach E-10, kill all the nearby Orcs. Purpleflesh Brukdok to spawn (at F-9) underneath the small log bridge. You don't need to check ???. More often the NM will just be there. Purpleflesh Brukdok is a Lv.45 Black Mage Orc who drops the Davoi Storage Key(One of the items you need)

OK now you have to find a "storage hole" which you trade your Davoi Storage Key, to receive the key item "Dried Orcish Food". There are multiple locations about Davoi where the storage hole might spawn. A few locations are near the entrance to Jugner Forest, some are in the deeper parts of the zone, and a couple are on the center island which would require that you pass through the dangerous Monastic Caverns to reach. The storage holes are like mining points, logging points, ect in that they are basically impossible to detect by sight, so run around switching between targets and hope you find it. If you can't find the hole after a thorough sweep through the area, maybe stop and try again in a few hours, or try another day, in hopes that it will be at an easier location, or else there's a good chance you'll need Chainspell and Warp to get yourself out alive when you have to drop invisibility to get the food out of the hole (if you even make it that far).
    Last edited by EliteYuna; 08-23-2005, 01:50 PM.
    RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
    Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

One Who Dwells in Darkness - Red Mage AF2

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of Level 50 +; Must have completed "The Crimson Ordeal"

Items Required: Square of Velvet Cloth, Nest Chest Key

Reward: Warlock's Boots (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
    The quest begins with Curilla in Chateau d'Oraguille. When you speak to her, she asks you to investigate the spirit in the Cathedral in North San d'Oria, she will give you the Key Item "An Old Pocketwatch".

Next Go to the Cathedral in North San d'Oria, and go to the basement. Talk to Pagisalis there, and he will tell you that in order to pray, you must donate a "Square of Velvet Cloth", this is created from Weaving tradeskill, and is also buyable at the AH (Ran about 3k on Sylph). When you give him the cloth, you will see an event, and you will obtain "Old Boots".

Return to Curilla, and you will see another event. During the event, Prince Trion will tell you, that the only way to exorcize the boots, is to bury them in a Crawler's Nest with Crawler's Blood, for a period of time. Curilla will then ask you to do this in her stead. Once you agree, go to Crawler's Nest.

Here are some chest maps of CN to help you out:

Part 1 of Map.

Part 2 of Map.

Part 3 of Map.

At Crawler's Nest kill Blazer Beatles, Mushussu, Rumble Crawlers and Exorays for a "Nest Chest Key" (These are all VT-IT to 45, but are easily doable with a single full PT, you MAY even be able to get some people camping the Exorays for Limit 1 quest to give you an extra key if they have them rotting). Then, open any Treasure Chest in Crawler's Nest (2 Notes: a. Treasure Chest NOT Treasure Coffer, they are completely different; b. You can not do this until AFTER Prince Trion tells you you need Crawler's Blood. If you do it before, you will only get the normal chest items). The Treasure chest will yield Key Item "Crawler's Blood". From there, go to I-10 of the North Crawlers Nest Map and find the ???. When you click on the ???, it will ask if you like to bury the Boots and Blood. Say yes, and then wait till the next RL day, in JST (Or after 10 AM EST). Click on the ??? again, and you will complete the quest and receive Warlock's Boots.

Comment

The Vermillion Armguard of Bergholz - Red Mage AF Gloves

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of level 50+; Must have completed "The Crimson Ordeal" and "One Who Dwells in Darkness".

Items Required: Eldieme Coffer Key

Reward: Warlock's Gloves (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
      This quest begins with Guslam, in Upper Jeuno, Armor Shop. When you speak with him, you will see an event, in which he will tell you that Bergholz once created a set of unrivaled gloves for every job, and that they were lost after the Great War. He also tells you that a great many artifacts and great pieces of armor were lost then as well.~~

From there, go to The Eldieme Necropolis.
      Here are some coffer maps of The Eldieme Necropolis to help you:

Part 1 of the Map.

Part 2 of the Map.

Part 3 of the Map.

Kill Tomb Mages, Tomb Warriors, Haunts and Spriggans until you get an Eldieme Coffer Key (Note: This part is horrible, the undead are very tough, almost killing a full 56 PT, and they were only VT-IT; I strongly recommend, bringing an alliance and getting the key for everyone that needs it at once, as several jobs require it including PLD, BLM and WHM, just so you NEVER have to return). Once you have the coffer key, open any Coffer in Eldieme to recieve Key Item "Old Gloves". When you have the gloves, return to Gulsam, and he will tell you he is unable to repair the gloves. From there, go to Tenshodo Headquarters in lower Jeuno. Talk to the Mithra there (Sorry I don't recall the name, but its the only one there), and she will tell you, that for 1000 gil, she will tell you where Bergholz' tool box is. When you pay the gil, she tells you, so head to Port Jeuno, and click on the ??? in front of the Duty Free Shop. You will see an event, in which Bergholz will ask if you wish to commission a pair of gloves. Say yes, and he will ask you to return with the gloves and "Black Flames" from Castle Zvhal. Go to Castle Zvhal, and from there, go to straight up the main path, and when you come to a cross roads go straight. You will see a gate, and there will be a "Torch" there. Click on the "Torch" and Dark Spark spawns. Kill it, and then click on the "Torch" again to receive Key Item "Black Flame" (2 notes again on this a. Everyone who needs "Black Flame" can click on the torch to receive it, so killing Dark Spark will accomplish this for as many people that participate; b. Dark Spark is not very difficult. In fact, the Undead in Eldieme for the Coffer key were signifigantly harder, a solid group of 54 will have no problems with him). Once you have the "Black Flame" return to Port Jeuno, click on the ??? in front of the Duty Free Shop again, and Bergholz will appear again, and give you Warlock's Gloves, and complete the quest.

Comment

Red Mage AF Tights

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of level 50+; Must have completed "The Crimson Ordeal"; "One Who Dwells in Darkness"; and to have accepted the quest "The Vermillion Armguard of Bergholz".

Items Required: Garlaige Coffer Key

Reward: Warlock's Tights (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
        Once you have completed the section under "The Vermillion Armguard of Bergholz" I notated with a ~~. Go to Garlaige Citidel,

Here are some coffer maps of Garlaige Citidel to help you:

Part 1 of Map.

Part 2 of Map.

Part 3 of Map.

Part 4 of Map.

Once at Garlaige Citidel, kill Fallen Major's, Fallen Mages, Wraith's, Hellmines, Over Weapons, Vault Weapons, Magic Jugs or Tainted Flesh to receive a Garlaige Coffer Key. When you have that, open any Coffer within Garlaige Citidel, and you will receive Warlock's Tights.

Comment

Red Mage AF Tabard

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of level 50+; Must have completed "The Crimson Ordeal"; "One Who Dwells in Darkness"; and to have accepted the quest "The Vermillion Armguard of Bergholz".

Items Required: Oztroja Coffer Key

Reward: Warlock's Tabard (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
          Once you have completed the section under "The Vermillion Armguard of Bergholz" I notiated with a ~~. Go to Castle Oztroja,

Here are some coffer maps of Castle Oztroja to help you:

Part 1 of Map.

Part 2 of Map.

Part 3 of Map.

Part 4 of Map.

Part 5 of Map.

Part 6 of Map.

Part 7 of Map.

Once at Castle Oztroja, kill Yagudo Flagellent, Yagudo Prelate, Yagudo Conductor, or Yagudo Assassins to receive an Oztroja Coffer Key. When you have that, open any Coffer within Castle Oztroja, and you will receive Warlock's Tabard.

Comment

Peace for the Spirit - Red Mage AF3

Requirements: Must be a Red Mage of Level 50 +; Must have completed "The Crimson Ordeal" and "One Who Dwells in Darkness".

Items Required: Ancient Coin, Nail Puller

Reward: Warlock's Chapeau (Stats etc. Shown In this Picture)

Quest:
            The quest, again begins with Curilla in Chateau d'Oraguille. She will ask you to continue your investigation on what had happened to Raimenard, her father. From there, go to Sharzalion in South San d'Oria again, and he will tell you, that the only way to speak with a spirit that he knows of, is too dangerous. This however does not stop his friend behind the bar from telling you how to do it, because he wants to hear a good story! You will be told that the only way is to throw an old coin into the Fountain in the ruins of Fei'Yin. Fei'Yin is located far to the North, at the Northern end of the Beaucidine Glacier. Once there, proceed north until you get to the large, central Fountain Room, which is at (H-8) on the first floor. In this room, there is a Notorious Monster named Miser Murphy. He spawns, every time a Red Mage that is at that point in the quest enters that room. (If you are going to kill him enough times for every Red Mage, make sure they all are at that point in the quest, or else he will stop spawning). Miser Murphy is about level 60ish, is a normal Ghost style monster, and is doable with about 6-12 level 60+. He is not very difficult, but can be rather....obnoxious. Be very careful though, he does cast Ancient Spells, and can attack with an added effect Drain, that does 500 damage, make 100% certain the tank is being healed constantly. Also watch your levels...the room is full of Revenants and Clockwork Pods which you do not want them to agro you. When you kill Miser Murphy, it drops an Ancient Coin. Trade the coin to the point at the North end of the fountain, also in (H-8). You will be treated to another event.

After the event, return to Sharzalion and tell him what you saw. Then speak with his friend behind the bar again. You will be told, that they can not help you further, but maybe one of the other patrons can. If you speak to the Galka in the same bar, he will tell you, that while he was exploring Garlaige Citidel, that he came upon a strange box, that he was unable to open, however with a Nail Puller, you may be able to open it.

Now, head to Garlaige Citidel, bring alot of friends with you for this though, as this part can be rough. Immediately behind the first Banishing Gate, in the rooms right there, you will find an Oaken Box. Clear all the Undead from those rooms before you examine it though. When you do, Guardian Statue will spawn. It is recomended to have about 18 Level 55's or about 12 Level 60s for this part. Guardian Statue is a "Doll" type model, it CAN explode like a bomb, but I don't recall seeing this one do so. It also has an AE attack that does about 200-300 damage to everyone around. When it is dead, it will drop a "Nail Puller", trade this to the Oaken Box, and you will see yet another event. Return to North San d'Oria at this point. As soon as you enter North San d'Oria, you will witness another event, complete the quest, and receive your Warlock's Chapaou. Also, for an added bonus, you get the new title "Paragon of Red Mage Excellence".

Now that sums up all the quests for your "Pimpin" Armor.

Comment

You get a sticky

Thank you for your contribution.
              RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

Eldieme map appears to have problems though - I see the same map three times.
                RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

This should trigger Purpleflesh Brukdok to spawn by selecting the ??? (at F-9) underneath the small log bridge.
                  you actually don't need to check ???. When I helped others with the quest, more often the NM will just be there. The other times we killed a few orcs and it spawns without having to go near the ???
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hey, to get into garlaige citadel coffer area I have to have 3 people with me to open the gate?

Comment

Re: RDM AF Quests 101

Originally posted by NuLLiFy
                      Hey, to get into garlaige citadel coffer area I have to have 3 people with me to open the gate?
                      well, you've probably found your answer by now, for future readers though I will answer:

Yes, Each Banishing Gate requires 4 people to press the pressure plates, they do not have to be in the same party though. If you manage to get 12 of your friends together to do the doors and some others to help look for the coffer, you can have free reign and should find it quickly.

PS. I like these maps on how they show chest & coffer locations which is sweet, however, knowing which pit drops where, where the banishing gates are and which zone goes to which zone would be equally helpful.

Thanks to EliteYuna's comprehensive posts, I went from AF sword to Paragon of Red Mage Excellence, in probably record time while not being a powergamer or having no life. I still need my tights and gloves, some BST beat me to the coffer in Garlaige Citadel while doing Hat quest. Even at allakazaam(sp?) i couldn't find anything comparing to this thread. Thanks for all your effort ^.^
                      Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                      G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                      San Doria Rank 6
                      ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                        you actually don't need to check ???. When I helped others with the quest, more often the NM will just be there. The other times we killed a few orcs and it spawns without having to go near the ???
                        Correct. That ??? has nothing to do with RDM AF. It's for a quest in San d'Oria. Purpleflash Brukduk should spawn all on his own every 15 minutes or so, if I recall. Should be no need to forcepop him.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                          Correct. That ??? has nothing to do with RDM AF. It's for a quest in San d'Oria. Purpleflash Brukduk should spawn all on his own every 15 minutes or so, if I recall. Should be no need to forcepop him.

Icemage
                          Yes that part was edited and fixed with correction, thanks for helping

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post this Yuna, it's more helpful to me that Alla, where I have to deal with hela-pop ups to view each quest independently.

"Nauti by nay-cha, not cause I hate-cha!"

Comment

Very good guide, I will definitely use this. Easier to follow with each section in a separate post.

And on a side note, Nautica, your sig made me lol.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X