Meleeing in Meripo for TP gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meleeing in Meripo for TP gain

Anyone ever figured out if you get better TP gain just meleeing on your RNG and firing off WS from ur Ranged?

I figured I'd just test it out myself this evening, but I wanted to try to get more Meripos on my RNG and figured if I could advertise I'm using Melee w/Joyeuse, might help. Meripo invites are abyssmal. I've put some of my own parties together, but when that doesn't work, well, you know how it is.

Figured I'd use some random high damage axe and Joyeuse off-hand, bulk up on haste gear, suppa, have my WHM Haste me. I'll leave Velocity Shot alone.

It seems like I'd be able to get better TP gain then going /SAM and using TP bonuses and such. But usually takes 5-6 shots to reach 100% TP. Using a Gun cuz of maxxed Marks merits.

Anyone have input?

TIA
    °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
    sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Re: Meleeing in Meripo for TP gain

Not a RNG myself, but wouldn't spending a lot of time melee'ing instead of shooting lower your overall damage?

Speaking as a BRD, I don't like having RNG and melee mixed together in party. RNGs get very little out of March, while the melees (if geared correctly) benefit hugely from March. (And, no, I'm not going to Pianissimo Minuetx2 just for RNG--if a merit party kills slowly enough that I can have the time buff the RNG separately, it should just disband.)

Haven't had a RNG party as of yet, though. I guess it should look something like: RNG x3, DNC, BRD, COR. Minuet x2, Chaos/Hunter's Roll, Corsair's Roll, Quick/Box Step. If can convince the COR to come /WHM, would also have Dia II (which can be upgraded to Dia III with Light Shot). A party like that should do pretty well.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Unless you have a merc. kris/ridill/KC, it's better to just shoot fulltime.

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
      I figured I'd just test it out myself this evening, but I wanted to try to get more Meripos on my RNG and figured if I could advertise I'm using Melee w/Joyeuse,
      RNG can't use this.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I haven't been in a RNG burn yet and have tried to put some together. Never any RNGs around. I've been told they're just as great as anything else.

When I have pt'ed in Meripos with other Melee, I was able to hold my own and could get up towards the 20k an hour and sometimes pass it depending on pt set-up. It's just unattractive to the naked eye to invite RNGs to meripo and I always get outpicked by the WARs/SAMs, because of the Haste thing.

Usually when the BRD is there, they pass me a Prelude and that's cool. Eating meat, using prelude and correct gears, easily able to hit 1.7k+ plus Slugwinders (vs WtP), 200+ (more like 250 I think) damage per shot using a Gun. Gun is fast with my gear, about 4 or 5 seconds delay (can't remember)... and that's without Rapid Shot merits Think if I had those it'd be 3. Been awhile. But I think comparable to a melee, they are getting possibly 6-8 TP more per round than I am, so they can WS faster. I guess I'm just a round or two behind that. All I know is when everyone unloads, mob has way less than 5% HP and I'm only just now ready to WS. So mine is the overkill.

Ah man, I forgot about JT useable jobs. -slap self- Here I was all excited for this evening.

So unless you got a Multi-Hit weapon, better off using reg ammo. Prolly not even worth shaking a stick at axe/MK or dagger/MK.

Thanks for the input!
        °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
        sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

I haven't been in a RNG burn yet and have tried to put some together. Never any RNGs around. I've been told they're just as great as anything else.
          I'd like to put together one to find out, but don't know enough RNGs. On Colibri, it should do great.

When I have pt'ed in Meripos with other Melee, I was able to hold my own [...] It's just unattractive to the naked eye to invite RNGs to meripo and I always get outpicked by the WARs/SAMs, because of the Haste thing.
          I usually run parser in merit parties. Never seen a RNG that could keep up with good melees, sadly, at least not on a March + Minuet mix. the RNG parties really have to have a different setup than a melee party, I think.

Usually when the BRD is there, they pass me a Prelude and that's cool.
          You're kidding... I drop Ballad 1 out of 4 rotations in high speed parties because there's just isn't the time for three songs buffs at times. >_<; A good BRD will not be adding a Prelude regularly in a fast party.

In the fastest parties, I do March x2 only for 95% of the rotations--in the best parties, there's usually a COR for the WHM or RDM with Evoker's, and that's good enough for MP most of the time.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
          X