Mirke - Best RNG TP body now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirke - Best RNG TP body now?

So I finished ACP last night and picked out Mirke Waldecors.

Since the custom stats offered seemed to offer more to RNG than COR, I built it around my RNG.

So I went with +5 Snapshot, +10 Ranged attack.

Took it out for a few runs in campaign and I can already feel a big difference over the Pahluwhan body I had been using, I'm just curious about how it stacks up with Osode all things considered.

Particularly, I'm wondering if this is actually a better TP piece for Holy bolts than the +10 MND from Osode would be. Its clearly a better TP piece for Bow and Gun, just curious about X-bow, I suppose. I've still two merits left to put into Snapshot, but aiming to get a full +30 with this piece.

Re: Mirke - Best RNG TP body now?

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    So I finished ACP last night and picked out Mirke Waldecors.

Since the custom stats offered seemed to offer more to RNG than COR, I built it around my RNG.

So I went with +5 Snapshot, +10 Ranged attack.

Took it out for a few runs in campaign and I can already feel a big difference over the Pahluwhan body I had been using, I'm just curious about how it stacks up with Osode all things considered.

Particularly, I'm wondering if this is actually a better TP piece for Holy bolts than the +10 MND from Osode would be. Its clearly a better TP piece for Bow and Gun, just curious about X-bow, I suppose. I've still two merits left to put into Snapshot, but aiming to get a full +30 with this piece.
    It's definitely better than the Denali Jacket, which I use for TP gain. If you're looking into using holy bolts though, stick with the Osode. That +10 mind is hard to pass up.

As far as weaponskills though, I would still stick with the Osode for the added strength. If you need more ranged accuracy though, it's a great piece for WS.

Edit: I don't have it so I'm really just speculating. I wish I could get it, but I'm getting the pld one instead. ;;
    Last edited by Mog; 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Sorry to bug you again but you never did answer my question from the other thread of where exactly you got that 30% Snapshot figure from.

Near as I can tell RNG can only get up to 15% with this and 5/5 merits, plus whatever that Quadav hat gives (name escapes me atm I just know it's from past Beadaux and ROCKS) as the exact value still hasn't been listed. How much does Velocity Shot add?

But I agree this is by far the sweetest TP building body for RNG. I'd imagine the extra shot speed could outweigh +10 MND from Osode, depending on how close you are to the cap.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Velocity Shot is -15% Ranged Delay
        Full Snapshot merits merits would be -10% Ranged delay
        And, actually, Snapshot +5 would mean Ranged delay -2% delay per point.

Snapshot - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

So I was wrong, its not -30%, it would be -35% ranged delay with Mirke Waldecors and +5 Snapshot. Better than I had thought.

Comment

Ah ok, didn't know the value of VS. Damn that's nuts O.o -35% Delay on a Hellfire +1 or Annihilator... BOOM! >:3
          sigpic

Comment

HF+1 on Jalzahn's, Barbut, Mirke snap, full snapshot merit, and VS = shortbow delay from 4 years ago.

Also, I already tested HF+1 on Mirke snap + Full snap merit + VS = 4.07s = 30% delay reduction.

As for Holy bolt + Mirke... no Idea, I still use Osode + Sune-ate myself for holy bolt. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
            Thanks,
            Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

OK, I'm really loving this thing now, its making me want to finish my Snap merit and especially want that Zha'Go's Barbut even more. In retrospect, I think this combo on the Waldecors was also a good choice for COR as well, much better than trying to build it around Quick Draw. Snapshot wouldn't be great when meleeing, but in situations COR is shooting, the delay reduction will help.

Comment

COR also has it's Relic Gloves to further increase it ^^

Probably can't get it as high as RNG but I would like to know exactly how much.
                sigpic

Comment

I was so happy when I got to put on Mirke this Sunday. I went 10ratt/5%SS and noticed I was shooting every 4 seconds with HF+1. I was so stoked!

It seems to me if your a RNG in the know, you wouldn't do anything but 10raatt/5%SS. You certainly don't need the extra accuracy. Though, I've seen two rngs so far with 10ratt/10racc on their Mirke.......

I don't have 5 merits in SS. I wonder if I did would I get my shots down to 3 seconds...

I did notice when Rapid Shot kicked in, I'd fire in about 2 seconds. That was sweet.
                  °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                  sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

I just got this piece for my ranger. +10 ranged attack and +5 snapshot are hard to pass up. x.x

I'm using this with my zha'go head, and holy crap do I shoot fast. Now I just need to finish snapshot merits.

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
                    It seems to me if your a RNG in the know, you wouldn't do anything but 10raatt/5%SS. You certainly don't need the extra accuracy. Though, I've seen two rngs so far with 10ratt/10racc on their Mirke.......
                    Well, unfortunately not everyone has the best gear/merits. This body piece is still great with +10rngatk/10rngacc, depending what kind of gear setup you have. No point in ignoring ranged accuracy if you're going to miss the majority of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                      Well, unfortunately not everyone has the best gear/merits. This body piece is still great with +10rngatk/10rngacc, depending what kind of gear setup you have. No point in ignoring ranged accuracy if you're going to miss the majority of the time.
                      No way man. I think it's really dumb to put r.acc on this armor. At 75, you have other options of things to get racc out of than putting it on this armor. You need to maximize the usage of this armor and the benefits of 10ratt/5ss; you don't get stuff like 5% ss on other gear, and +10ratt is very seldomly found as well; they're phat mods; find other gear to use to supplement your racc. I mean... if you wanna be on top of your game.

But, maybe you're right. If you just play for fun and are broke, then the racc will help if you can't get it from somewhere else. I just... don't know many ppl that like to be mediocre, loller.
                      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Well, unfortunately not everyone has the best gear/merits.
                        Everyone will, someday.

I said this 3-4 years ago. and now I have a character whose 75s got capped merit in every possible slot.
                        Thanks,
                        Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Originally posted by VZX View Post
                          Everyone will, someday.
                          Granted, but you speak of the majority. You know as well as I do that some people don't care enough to merit or do endgame.

Comment

Granted, but you speak of the majority. You know as well as I do that some people don't care enough to merit or do endgame.
                            Sucks to be them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fair enough. But that sounds a bit contradictory to me. Because if you don't care, you shouldn't care about best gear in 75.

You do neither endgame nor meriting; That would imply you either craft/make money (for no reason) or level another job from the ground (which is the most likely case)
                              Thanks,
                              Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X