RNG/SAM Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RNG/SAM Questions

Im did the whole lvl 63 as rng/sam. all i have to say is, awsomeness, it saves alot of bullets, no point on doing barrage unless you have to, but instead use med to get that 100 tp for another ws.

As an advice fo you guys, watch how often you shoot, 3rd eye doesnt help as much as utsu does so unless you have a healer and tank that can keep you alive and not care of the hate then spam ws away.

I didnt have any food on me and i miss prob 1 ws out of 10 but that was cause of cord. So having a cord on your pt is a good idea, same as a brd.

I macroed barrage with a couple of stuff for situations when i have to no shit deal heavy dmg for a quick kill, but other than that, them birds die so fast that in reality taking hate isnt a big deal.

But like i said make sure the pt knows what youre upto, cause you could have a healer or a tnk try to teach you alesson about pulling hate, aka let you die so you wont steal hate again.

I would post stats, but im a gun rng and i have a feeling most of you guys at these lvl dont bother with gun much, for rangers at lvl 56 do 1200 or so ws with /sam, thats about a normal dmg for a rng/nin with a gun, maybe a lil more with an avg barrage of 900-1k at that same lvl, with avg hit of 170-210 -/+. I did do crit hit of 270 the other night.

But to me, /sam is not worth using on pts under 60 and in my opinion, based on my exp with sam/rng and that whole lvl 63 of rng/sam i believe it isnt worth subbing unless you have brd and cor on pt, unless youre rich and dont care about missing, or unless you spend mad gil on rng acc, but thats just me, but then again for those rng that use barrage for tp gain, /sam is alot cheaper, and i think it took 3-4 hits out of barrage to get 100 tp.

Once i start fighting other mobs, that are not bird related, ill post the dmg that i delt and stats, i say this cause when i was sam/rng i did hard core dmg on birds but when it came to other mobs i didnt do as high dmg as i did on birds, but i once did 2450 ws on a i.t mob at lvl 63 or so, it was a dhalmel, old school pt zone for us old players.

Comment

One thing I learned while playing RNG around 55+ was that, if I used Selene's Bow, I could shoot more often than I could with a (insert gun here). However, if I shot consistently, I always pulled hate from whatever tank we had in the party; nin, pld, didn't matter. So I figured if I wanted to feel like I was shooting consistently and not having to wait more than 5-10 seconds after ever shot so the tank could regain hate, why not just use a gun. It shoots slower, but hey, at least you don't have the feeling of standing there doing nothing for 5-10 seconds. So I switched to gun around 60.

And that's when the love affair began. I guess it had me at WS dmg. It was just so pretty to do 1600+ dmg with brd/cor pt on a bird. I never went back to a bow again. Granted, I can quite easily pull hate with ws and barrage, but now I was able to sneak in my shots under the tank's hate and never draw hate until end of battle when I got a mob down to 1% after Slug. Did anyone ever think this way?

I tested out all 3 subs and during my leveling career, I stuck with /NIN the most. It was very nice to be able to tank for 6 shadows on a slow hitting mob when I pulled hate with Slug/Barrage/Slug. Of course, going /WAR was freaking pretty when I got to do damage, but even with a gun, I was pulling super hate off the tank and that is just ridiculously annoying to do. While playing /WAR, I had to go back to pre-bow shooting and sit there and wait 5-10 seconds before shooting again. I just hate the feeling of standing there doing nothing and personally like a continuous flow of pace in battle. But /WAR sure was pretty.

These days at 75, I'm playing /SAM exclusively. I don't even use Hasso; a few extra points in str makes no difference to me than being able to tank for a few seconds with 3x3. I just seigan and shoot, fergitaboUdiT. The best TP gain I see without using Rajas on my gun is 18-20 per shot, with mostly 20s. It's FRIGGIN SWEET. Couple that with Mirke and 5RS and I feel like I'm some kind of deity. And I don't even have 5/5 on RS LUL.

Anyway, its wisest to play /NIN unless you are tenaciously anal about managing your hate, which to me, seems to take the fun out of playing when you get super anal. Some ppl do it and are like fine with it. But I hate standing there waiting to shoot something and have the feeling of doing nothing. Just me.

RNG
      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
        These days at 75, I'm playing /SAM exclusively. I don't even use Hasso; a few extra points in str makes no difference to me than being able to tank for a few seconds with 3x3. I just seigan and shoot, fergitaboUdiT. The best TP gain I see without using Rajas on my gun is 18-20 per shot, with mostly 20s. It's FRIGGIN SWEET. Couple that with Mirke and 5RS and I feel like I'm some kind of deity. And I don't even have 5/5 on RS LUL.
        Or ya know, you could throw up Hasso while TP'ing and then switch either just before or right after you barrage/WS.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

IMO, 5 STR is generally not worth dealing with juggling hasso/seigan recasts.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

I roll my Hasso and Velocity shot Macro into one and tuck Seigan/Third Eye where Utsusemi Ichi/Ni would be anyway. It might not be "worth" the +5 STR, but if you can incidentally activate it anyway when you re-tag Velocity Shot, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider-Dan View Post
              IMO, 5 STR is generally not worth dealing with juggling hasso/seigan recasts.

As if this is difficult to do.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I didn't spend hours and hours getting ZGB/Mirke to shave 0.4 seconds off of a shot just so I can turn around and lose a second to reupping Seigan before I use Third Eye before I WS, or sit around waiting for Seigan to get back up so that Third Eye isn't a complete waste of time.

And that's presuming that I perform that whole song and dance BEFORE I WS, which kind of kills the major point of using Hasso in the first place. If I wait until after I WS to use Seigan/3E, then WTF is the point? By that time, the mob has already used a WS on me.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Working...
                X