What's better for RNG gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's better for RNG gloves?

Okay I'm having hard time deciding which gloves to use for what. I'm down to three gloves for my RNG. Now, I have the cursed gauntlets for Crimsons but I'm going to need a lot of LS points for the kote. So, any suggestions since they're all beautiful and mad sexy!

or

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
    'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
    Dymlos
    Bahamut server
    Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Re: What's better for RNG gloves?

I guess it depends on what else you wear?

Personally Id go Skadi's for WS and Seiryu's for TP.

But then my RNG is 1 so maybe Im not all that qualified.

Comment

i say Crimson for TPing becouse it have RATT+ aswell as RACC+ and Skadi's for WS
      "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
      "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
      "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

You also have to keep in mind how hard Skadi's is to get.

From what I understand, Crimson's for tping, not sure about WS from my poor mage mind!

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Well he said he already has the cursed gauntlets to attain the Crimson's... so it may not be so difficult for him at this point.

But yeah, I think pretty much Crimson's for TP and Skadi's for WS since that have the STR.

Comment

Every RNG Ive asked says Crimson for TP, Seiryu's for WS. The extra AGI and Racc is great for helping your WS land, especially when you're swapping out a lot of your Racc for STR.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Toki pretty much nailed it.

And Kirsteena's point is probably the most important...you can pick up a sky ls and probably have Crim Gauntlets within a couple of weeks, Seiryu's Kote within a couple of months depending on the line to get them.

Full Salvage pieces take an extraordinary amount of time and work to get, as you not only need to be doing Salvage as often as possible, but also doing as much Assault as possible to get enough points to enter Salvage, then actually get the drops that you need, then make gil for the generally batshit expensive synth materials needed.

When keeping it reasonable, Crim for TP and Kote for WS, if you can only get ahold of one go for Crim Gauntlets.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Get both, they both drop from the same god

Skadi's is another matter entirely, very hard to obtain.

As others have said Crim for TP, Kote for WS, but just to add:

I tend to favor Kote for most Xbow usage. This is because I have a build that favors MND rather than strength or accuracy to boost the output of my Holy Bolt damage. Its also because Orthenus Bow has no accuracy bonuses native to it.

Also in the event you gain the attention of a dragon, you can end up getting intimidated by wearing the Crimson hands, which could put you in a bad spot or not at all, but its sometimes best not to take chances. So against dragons, skew to kote there as well.

Another thing you could look into (provided you have access to sea) is the Hunter's Bracer's +1 for thier enhancement to Barrage. Its the only piece in the game that will let you get one extra shot out of the job ability.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-07-2007, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I'm already in an end-game ls, I just have to get enough ls points to obtain the abj for the crimsons and enough points for the kote. So until then, I'm stuck using my Hume M RSE gloves. =/. Thanks for the help guys.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                  'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                  Dymlos
                  Bahamut server
                  Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos View Post
                    Okay I'm having hard time deciding which gloves to use for what. I'm down to three gloves for my RNG. Now, I have the cursed gauntlets for Crimsons but I'm going to need a lot of LS points for the kote. So, any suggestions since they're all beautiful and mad sexy!

or
                    Personally like most have said

Tp -> Crimson
                    Ws -> Kote until you get Skadi

Skadi is hard to get but if you get them ws in them all the way, Imo.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    Get both, they both drop from the same god
                    Skadi's is another matter entirely, very hard to obtain.
                    As others have said Crim for TP, Kote for WS, but just to add:
                    I tend to favor Kote for most Xbow usage. This is because I have a build that favors MND rather than strength or accuracy to boost the output of my Holy Bolt damage. Its also because Orthenus Bow has no accuracy bonuses native to it.
                    Hmm even in Mnd set up I would lean towards Crimson, tho not knowing your set up would be hard to compare what is your Holy bolt set up?

Also in the event you gain the attention of a dragon, you can end up getting intimidated by wearing the Crimson hands, which could put you in a bad spot or not at all, but its sometimes best not to take chances. So against dragons, skew to kote there as well.
                    Wrong!!! Crimson gear turns your classification to a Dragon bbq. You can be intimidated by Dragoon Types as well as Demon types. If you are fighting a dragon no penalty will occur. Also with crimson you have the chance to intimated Demons. I would steer clear of crimson finger gauntlets in Dynamis-Xarcbard, too many chances to be intimidated then to intimidate.

Another thing you could look into (provided you have access to sea) is the Hunter's Bracer's +1 for thier enhancement to Barrage. Its the only piece in the game that will let you get one extra shot out of the job ability.
                    Ya nice macro piece.
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                      Wrong!!! Crimson gear turns your classification to a Dragon bbq. You can be intimidated by Dragoon Types as well as Demon types. If you are fighting a dragon no penalty will occur. Also with crimson you have the chance to intimated Demons. I would steer clear of crimson finger gauntlets in Dynamis-Xarcbard, too many chances to be intimidated then to intimidate.
                      I think its possible that Seiryu, being a god, would have Dragon Killer himself. Because he's intimidated me while I've worn Crimson.

Hmm even in Mnd set up I would lean towards Crimson, tho not knowing your set up would be hard to compare what is your Holy bolt set up?
                      Right now I'm just using Hunter's Bracce and Suzaku's Sune-Ates. I'd usually have Dusk Trousers on in the place of Bracce otherwise. I'm still in the process of tweaking things.
                      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I believe he actually just has Mithra Killer... >.>
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                          Tp -> Crimson
                          Ws -> Kote until you get Skadi and don't mind losing 15 racc from Skote
                          Changed for my answer's version
                          Thanks,
                          Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Skadi really isn't that good for most RNGs (it's better for a KC RNG or a Joyuese COR). Put rather simply, which would you rather have?

AF body (RACC+10)
                            or
                            Blue Cotehardie+1 (STR+5 AGI+5)

That is exactly the comparison between CFG and Skadi. You can't really even compare Skadi to Kote.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

cfg for both tp and ws.

rng atk will do more for your dmg than agi will ever do.

i really dont understand why ppl keep looking to the modifiers as if they're the single most important thing for ws....
                              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
                              X