This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

I making this topic in response to the many arguments of Party correct vs "Gimped" subs. Accordingly im asking those who would like to perticapate in making suitable guide This fourms Job to post the PROS and CONS of EACH sub weither it be an appropiate sub or a non appropiate sub. Also please indcate which subs you would recommend for pting, perhaps in its own section in your post. If you would like to contribute more besides the job of this fourm please visit the other job fourms. after considerable information is recorded i will begin to make a guide for the site. Credit will go to the Users of FFXIO * taking down each name of a contributer would be tedius and in-effecient but i will work out an appropiate credting title*

The job guide would be added to ffxio database and added to the main page.

Pting and General purpose:

Ninja...dual +10 ranged accuracy daggers and Blink...especially handy for elvaan
    Warrior...increased damage abilities...probably a good choice for mithra, bad for elvaan, due to the AGI vs STR of the races. But gear can help with stats as always.
    Samurai is supposedly good too in the later game, actually surpassing Ninja and War according to some, I have no firsthand experience, been meaning to try out Samurai myself.

I guess those would be the 'acceptable' subjobs as it were for PTs.

Others:

Thf is good for farming for obvious reasons.

WHM is good for solo naturally, can really help with worm soloing. Also goos for farming if you are doing more difficult things.

Everything else is from what I've seen not really a whole lot of use as a ranger sub. Each job can have advantages for specific situations though, as always.

Comment

tongyang made a great guide I think, tho it's old most things are still the way to go, at least I think so ^-^

Comment

As I said in previous topics

"Party / XP

War - DMG
        Nin - 2 Archers Knives (Accuracy)
        Sam (Not till after 60) - TP

Farming

THF - Gill/Treasure Finding abilities
        RDM/WHM - Healing

It is not okay to group with the farming subs, The agi diff from Thf - War is like 2 points. However since no thf ability assist Ranger dmg it should not be used without a doubt during a XP/Party."

Id just go by the ranger sticky ehre it already says it all.. people are to lazy to read that they probably wont read another one ^^

Tongyang did a really good job on that sticky
        -Trimpton

Comment

Nin - 2 Archers Knives (Accuracy)
          You're not taking into account utsusemi which is a HUGE life and MP saver.
          Subtle blow is also helpful.

Comment

Subtle Blow does not affect ranged attacks,
            Kunami

Comment

what actually IS the function of subtle blow?

Comment

Originally posted by RPGweedsmoker
                what actually IS the function of subtle blow?
                NPC that are hit gain TP just like we do when we get hit or hit the monster. Subtle Blow reduces how much TP the monster gets when we hit it.

The TP a gob gets they'll usually use from their Bombs or their Goblin Rush attacks, Flies use Cursed Sphere very often with their TP, etc...

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

hmm so for a taru ranger would /war sub be fine..? since they are somewhat lacking in str and damage

Comment

Re: Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

Personally I believe /rng is the way to go until we get Berserk, Taru or not.

Comment

Re: Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

Originally posted by Matera
                      Personally I believe /rng is the way to go until we get Berserk, Taru or not.
                      Typo? lol, how can you go rng/rng

I havent leveled RNG past 7, but I'll probably go with NIN for the obvious reasons to be honest. Although WAR looks good for some situations
                      Standablaze
                      Server: Ramuh
                      Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
                      Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Working...
                      X