PUP merits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP merits

I've just recently levelled PUP to 99. I thouroughly enjoy the job, but don't really know where I should put my merits. So far, I've put them into Shijin Spiral (2 so far, will go to 5) to last me until I get Stringing Pummel. I mainly use my automaton as my own personal healer, mostly with the WHM head but occasionally with the RDM head.

I was thinking the Group 1's would be Automaton Magic and Melee skill 5/5. For Group 2 I was thinking Optimization 5/5, Fine-tuning 3/3, and one each in Role Reversal and Ventriloquy (more just to have it then I know what the use would be).

I'm still new to the job and don't consider myself a very good PUP at this point, but I would love any suggestions and the reasoning behind it (if it isn't blatantly obvious).

Thank you in advance.
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Re: PUP merits

I think what u got there is pretty much where I have my merits

An merits are so easy to get now so u can so always try it out an switch later

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
      I was thinking the Group 1's would be Automaton Magic and Melee skill 5/5. For Group 2 I was thinking Optimization 5/5, Fine-tuning 3/3, and one each in Role Reversal and Ventriloquy (more just to have it then I know what the use would be).
      Group 2 you got right. That's exactly where I put my own.

As for Group 1, Magic skill is a waste of merits. Now that the level cap was raised to 99, you can gain access to all of your automaton spells without any merits at all. The only thing that meriting Magic would do is give your automaton a tiny bit more MAcc.

My advice is to ignore Magic Skill completely and go 5/5 Melee and 5/5 Range. Those will both augment damage output while Magic will do nearly nothing.

If meriting it granted you access to any new spells, sure. If it increased your magic damage, sure. Unfortunately, Macc is all you get. Scrap it completely.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Thanks Rook and Yyg.
        99 DNC
        99 WHM
        99 WAR
        * 99 THF
        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

hit our buddy romyro up he's a awsome pup he will give u some good ideas

Comment

I haven't seen him online recently, I thought he got his computer fixed.
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Supposedly he did, although I haven't seem much activity from him here on the forum.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

i'm still here. we recently moved and my wife called for cable/internet a little late. sooooo had to wait almost an additional week.

guy is coming out tomorrow to set shit up

Not 100% sure what my group 1s were, but i think
                5/5 Rng (which i might change to melee one day)
                5/5 Magic

Group 2
                1- Role Reversal
                1-Ventriquiies
                5/5 Opt (magic one)
                3/5 Fine Tuning

RR and Vent are very handy.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I think most pups now avoid Ranged Merits and put them in Melee seeing as you build TP much faster through melee hits. You shoot arrows much slower so it’s better to have more accuracy in melee hits. I think you get the same amount of TP between the 2 also.

As for Magic, I could have sworn you couldn’t get the last Blm spell or 2 unless you had 5/5 magic. Pretty sure pups who didn’t merit magic couldn’t Bliz V when it came out, but I could be wrong.

I haven’t used pup in any serious situations for a long time. Barely have any of the newer attachments past 75. it used to have great uses with its hate-free (for lack of a better term) nukes back in our pet shell days. But not sure these days. A pup in our shell gets a lot of respect from people but that’s mainly because he’s one of the few mythic pups in the game. Always does VW on pup iirc and seems to use Valor frame. So hope isn’t lost.

It’s a job I’d LOVE to get back into but I wanna deck out my WAR a litle so I can get considered for some newer events…which is sad but probably necessary.
                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
                X