Solid Pup gear for 75? suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Pup gear for 75? suggestions?

With Bst and Smn pretty much complete, I’m now trying to deck out my pup a little bit and was just looking for suggestions…preferably outside of relic and Ukasane L. My basic set is…

Hades Santi
    Turbo Animator & Oil+2
    O-hat or Wal-mart turban
    Chiv Chain
    Beastly/Brutal Earring
    Avalon Breastplate
    Enkidu Mitts
    Raja’s/Epocha ring
    Boxer Mantle
    Potent Belt
    Cobra Subligar? (Think that’s right, the legs from Windy Allied notes)
    AF feet +1

This is pretty much my Accuracy/Evasion set. I have some minor swaps depending on the frame I’m using.

Some things I’m working on
    -I’m about 200 zeni and 1 ZNM away from a Tinnin pop item and thinking of replacing my Avalon Breastplate with an Enkidu Harness.
    -Working on getting good augments for the pup weapon (Oberan Santi I think it’s called?).
    -Working on a swift belt as well…just been lazy.
    -Looking into Enkidu Leggings for a slight Acc loss but 2% Haste gain.
    -Also…Thinking of getting Enkidu Subligar over Cobra Subligar...Thoughts?

Looking to see what you guys might add/replace if you were in my situation. My regular DoT meleeing probably wont be very impressive as a pup…but what could I add that would help Dragon Kick?
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: Solid Pup gear for 75? suggestions?

Hades Santi >>>> Good To go, i wouldn't worry about switching these out with wagh baghnaks, they parse within 2% of each other anyway

Turbo Animator & Oil+2 >>>>>Work on that Animator +1, from Einherjar, that's good to go though, Black tathlum if you got mad lootz, for when your pup goes down

O-hat or Wal-mart turban>>>> These are both good, Walmart is nice for TP, or O-hat if you don't have H2H merits.

Chiv Chain>>>> Get a PCC, or Faith Torque, or spectacles, Pups need ACC more than 3 STR or the store TP

Beastly/Brutal Earring>>>>>>Brutal is excellent, Ethreal or Hollow, depends on other lvl 75 jobs, Diabolos is good; Merman's isn't bad either, or pixie if you have a high dex build for crit hits.

Avalon Breastplate>>>> great piece, if you have paladin, but for pup, try and get antares harness, the AGI also lowers the chance of you overloading wind maneuvers when using SharpShot

Enkidu Mitts>>>> Good to go, if you have enkidu's Feet, Barbossa's Zereh's, W-turban, Swift belt, you would want to replace these with pantin Dastanas for the 3% haste build, when TPing (unless on highly evasive mobs)

Raja’s/Epocha ring>>>> Raja's is great, but again PUP's meleeing need to focus on ACC, so replace epocha with Toreador's Ring, Snipers +1, Snipers, Woodsman, Blood ring, anything with more than +4 acc, or if you don't have them stick with Echophioria

Boxer Mantle>>> Spam Dynamis-Qufim, Burburimu ^^ get that Pantin!, otherwise belicose for DD, Boxer's for Solo

Potent Belt>>>You addressed this, Life Belt would be better, if no Swift I think, +2 Acc greater than +3 Str in a pup's case

Cobra Subligar? (Think that’s right, the legs from Windy Allied notes)>>>>Enkidu's if you can, Barbossa's Zereh's if your lucky/have a static to spam this, otherwise Cobra isn't bad

AF feet +1>>>> These are great, until you get Enkidu's, Herme's makes things quicker when traveling, but not great unless working on a full full evasion set.

-Enkidu's Body is the nicest piece we have to TP and WS in honestly. It's a great piece

-Good augments on that are (H2Hskill +6~, Dmg+3~, Some sort of pet augment and/or some additional Dmg
    augment>>I.E. Pet M.A.B +4, or Pet dmg taken -3~, or Addtional affect Water Dmg +14

-So useful, and worth the time to get, great on bard, and on bst also

-Yeah the E. Leggins will win out over the AF+1
    -Yeah the E. Subligar will win out over the Cobra

What's your magic set? @ 75 PUP's main role in Endgame turns to their hate free Nuke's which are quite powerful
    Here's my Setup: for PUP/SCH

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=ite...&set_id=105316

Hope that helps ^^

Comment

Hades Santi >>>> Good To go, i wouldn't worry about switching these out with wagh baghnaks, they parse within 2% of each other anyway

WB are 2% better or worse? I guess it doesn’t matter, probably sticking with these till I get good augments on the weapon.

Turbo Animator & Oil+2 >>>>>Work on that Animator +1, from Einherjar, that's good to go though, Black tathlum if you got mad lootz, for when your pup goes down

Animator +1 is certainly another piece I was looking into. Not too hard to get…so I hear.

O-hat or Wal-mart turban>>>> These are both good, Walmart is nice for TP, or O-hat if you don't have H2H merits.

I can never decide between these 2. Usually comes down to what I’m fighting. Higher level things I like o-hat for acc/evasion. ~tough or less I use turban. H2h merits are a work in progress (2/8 atm). I think if I get Enkidu haste piece along with the swift belt, I’ll use turban more.

Chiv Chain>>>> Get a PCC, or Faith Torque, or spectacles, Pups need ACC more than 3 STR or the store TP

Ahh, Faith Torque….how could I miss that ><. I’ll probably look into getting those. I do have a billion seals though…PCC might not be a bad choice.

Beastly/Brutal Earring>>>>>>Brutal is excellent, Ethreal or Hollow, depends on other lvl 75 jobs, Diabolos is good; Merman's isn't bad either, or pixie if you have a high dex build for crit hits.

Might look into diabolos. Think I’m sitting on that whisper as we speak ><. Beastly is mainly for my Bst but I like the evasion on it for pup.

Avalon Breastplate>>>> great piece, if you have paladin, but for pup, try and get antares harness, the AGI also lowers the chance of you overloading wind maneuvers when using SharpShot

I don’t have a paladin but I use this piece for a few other jobs. I actually like it for Bst, though others would disagree. There are some better pieces, I think all the stats on this are useful for a pup. The Enkidu Harness is my goal…zeni isnt hard to obtain nor are the ZNMs in that path that hard.

Enkidu Mitts>>>> Good to go, if you have enkidu's Feet, Barbossa's Zereh's, W-turban, Swift belt, you would want to replace these with pantin Dastanas for the 3% haste build, when TPing (unless on highly evasive mobs)

Just got these and I love them. pantin Dastanas…I would love these but I rarely have the schedule to do dynamis…

Raja’s/Epocha ring>>>> Raja's is great, but again PUP's meleeing need to focus on ACC, so replace epocha with Toreador's Ring, Snipers +1, Snipers, Woodsman, Blood ring, anything with more than +4 acc, or if you don't have them stick with Echophioria

I do have a woodsman ring but it has –evasion I believe. That and I kinda fk’d it up trying to augment it. got –dex and –agi L. I’ll look into your suggestions for something inplace of Rajas

Boxer Mantle>>> Spam Dynamis-Qufim, Burburimu ^^ get that Pantin!, otherwise belicose for DD, Boxer's for Solo

Again…dynamis is tough for me due to time. I’ll look into bellicose though.

Potent Belt>>>You addressed this, Life Belt would be better, if no Swift I think, +2 Acc greater than +3 Str in a pup's case

I have a LB wasting away in storage. Maybe it’s time to bring it out again.

Cobra Subligar? (Think that’s right, the legs from Windy Allied notes)>>>>Enkidu's if you can, Barbossa's Zereh's if your lucky/have a static to spam this, otherwise Cobra isn't bad

Had cobra because I kept full timing AF…and realized what a waste that was. Ok, going to work on Enkidu. BZ would be ideal since bst can use as well but I cant find a static atm.

AF feet +1>>>> These are great, until you get Enkidu's, Herme's makes things quicker when traveling, but not great unless working on a full full evasion set.

I originally wanted the hands +1 for overloading but the acc/evasion/str was hard to pass up. working towards Enkidu though. I do have hermes but the AF+1 seem to have better stats. Hermes are good for travel/kiting/running away

-Enkidu's Body is the nicest piece we have to TP and WS in honestly. It's a great piece

Yeah this looks like the number 2 or 3 best choice. I do want this over AB.

-Good augments on that are (H2Hskill +6~, Dmg+3~, Some sort of pet augment and/or some additional Dmg
      augment>>I.E. Pet M.A.B +4, or Pet dmg taken -3~, or Addtional affect Water Dmg +14
      A pup friend of mine got h2h+10 along with some other decent stats…I’m looking to get 8+.
      Pet:MAB would be amazing.

-Yeah the E. Leggins will win out over the AF+1
      -Yeah the E. Subligar will win out over the Cobra
      the whole set (except the cap) seems like a WIN for pup. Working harder on getting those 4 now (1/4 woot).

What's your magic set? @ 75 PUP's main role in Endgame turns to their hate free Nuke's which are quite powerful
      I’ll check that when I get home ; ; cant see it at work. My magic set is rather lacking compared to others I’ve seen. With no hope for relic atm…I feel at a disadvantage.
      Basically for my blm (which has full magic merits and full Opt. merits)
      I swap the head piece and an earring out for augment pieces that I got. Both pieces have Pet: Mag Acc+1. These pieces were helpful prior to getting tranqulizer, but not sure how much they are helping now. But if I’m just standing there anyway, might as well make use of those pieces.
      I was thinking of changing my ACP body to include Pet: MAB+ but it’s getting hard and harder to find people for it.

Hope that helps ^^

Did for sure, thank you ^^

-----
      yikes...this post looks messy
      Last edited by Romyro; 11-03-2009, 09:20 AM. Reason: the post looked messy

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Aegis just started

Comment

(sorry if this topic is old now)

Hey Shep (or anyone)

I wanted to get your thoughts on Surge Subigar for pup.
        Stats are Acc+12, Atk+6 and Slow+8%

I’m assuming horrible TP piece but maybe swapping in for WS?
        Or would something with +str/dex...(etc) be better?

I just got these yesterday but it was late and didn’t have time to try them with anything.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Aegis just started

Comment

Surge is a fantastic WS piece for both jobs, if you have it I would definitely use it.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

yup, what callisto said ^^ Especially on pup even with 8/8 H2H merits, i'd still probably stack ACC on for Stringing Pummel, or Raging Fist. I forget the modifier for Dragon Kick/Howling Fist, but any multi-hit weapon can never have enough ACC, at least that's what my monk friends say (lol my monk is 75, and I stack ACC like its going out of style for WS's)

Comment

Awesome. Thanks guys. I definitely saw potential in this for Raging Fists but was not so sure about Dragon Kick. Right now I probably only use Raging Fists and Dragon Kick. I use the Stun one (can remember the name) here and there but pretty only when I need to stop something devastating.

I’ve heard good things about stringing pummel but didn’t look into what kind of WS it was. Plan on unlocking it very soon. I’m guessing surge cant go wrong if it’s multi-hit. I’m on floor 60 and already have the weapon. Once I hit ~80 I plan on killing the lower lvl crabs in the Tree and just spamming light chains with my mage puppet to unlock.

Have you seen anything else from these new NMs that might be ideal for pup? I just wanted to get your opinion on a few more pieces then I’ll leave you alone lol

Think these would be nice with max crit merits?
              Pygme Sainti
              DMG:+16 Delay:+51 Accuracy+4
              Critical hit rate +3%
              Lv 73 PUP

These have also caught my eye.
              Promptitude Solea
              [Feet] DEF:9 Accuracy+2 Haste+2%
              CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
              Lv 60 PUP

This is more wishful thinking since I’m sure Lugh is insanely hard…
              Setanta's Led.
              [Feet] DEF:19 STR+3 DEX+4
              Accuracy+3 Evasion+3 Haste+2%
              Lv 74 MNK, THF, RNG, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC

Thinking I can throw an extra merit in Ranged…or even just get that extra boost for Valor.
              Wyg. Klt. Mantle
              [Back] DEF:5 Automaton: Melee skill +2
              Lv 74 PUP

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Aegis just started

Comment

Yeah, Lugh is ridiculus. I scouted him the 3rd day the NM's where in game, and he was up just hanging out. So i tried everything I could to get my shell to come attempt it, but we already had prior plans, so I just chilled there with my main, while i was helping the shell on my mule, and we ended up needing a pld, so I'm like, let me blood port ^^

I won't say i have the best pld gear in the universe, but I'm always in the best gear for every action, Haste for recast, Emnity for Flash,Cure's, HP+gear for cure cheats, got a hauteclaire, nuevo coselete, etc. etc. And so I'm like, i'll do alright i think

I lasted about 45 seconds without support, long enough to get NI off once, and Ichi off once, and then i had no shadows and there was no point in popping off sentanil as he was hitting me for 200+ dmg and triple attacking. Needless to say, I HP'd (keep a full buffer on pld for just such an occasion ^^)

Comment

We spent 2 weeks helping a friend with Spurrer's Beret, now THAT is a terrible, terrible NM. He went about 1/14 with TH4 on every kill. At least the subligar NM is up often and not too bad to handle if you have kiting/DoT jobs.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I duo’d Boompu (surge NM) with another member. I kited him on Bst while my buddy nuked with his puppet. Once he was around 5% the pup changed to thief and a smn member joined to burn that last bit of health.

Most of the NMs on my list are the ones that drop ‘Pet’ items so…not much competition. I’m about 0/15+ on a couple of these guys. Some records would be worse if I didn’t have a variety of things I wanted. I camp 3 a day usually. Boompu, Frogomader and Rogue Receptacle. Once I get a drop, I move to the next. Now that I can cross of Boom off, I’m thinking the fungar in Ord. Caves or the Pup cape that I mentioned above.

I thought about Lugh pet style but I think wiki said something about that not working. Which is a shame because that is a beautiful room for Bsts.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
                    X