PLD gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLD gearing

I haven't been on PLD in years. I recently kind of missed playing it, after seeing Atonement / Chivalry (played it before that even came out), and it always has the greatest looking gear. Anyway, I was sitting at the AH curious as to how I should equip?

Do I still gear HP? On HNM

This would be the gear I would have, until I start attaining gear from end game.

Main: Earth Staff (until shield is capped?), Dainslaif, Macuahuitl+1, Company sword(?) (until Joyeuse)
    Shield: Koenig shield, Palmerian's for soloing
    Ammo: Bibiki seashell, Happy egg?
    Head: Koenig shaller? (Don't have access to bahamut's mask atm, or Aegisjalmer... atm)
    Neck: Parade gorget, Shiled torque?
    Body: Adaman cuirass, AF body, Haub, SH (where needed)
    Hands: Koenig handschuhs, ?
    Legs: Adaman cuisses (was considering dusk for an HP setup, maybe?)
    Feet: Hume M Boots (+60 HP), AF boots
    Back: Gigant mantle, Knightly mantle?
    Waist: Ocean belt (Hume RSE +40? HP), Warriors belt
    Ring: Jelly ring, ecphoria, Ulthalam's, Bomb queen ring, Hercules's ring, ?(Patronus ring soon)
    Ear: Bloodbead, Cassie, Insomnia, (Collossus earring soon, -1% damage taken)

Is there any other gear I am over looking, or not doing right?

Obviously things like Shadowmantle/Nocturnus helm/mail/Defending ring, Koenig body, valor feet, body, etc. Other things none rare/ex?
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: PLD gearing

Mostly depends what you're fighting, but here's all of the gear sets that come to my mind:

On cerberus, faffy, some others I can't think of, I use an accuracy/haste set and joyeuse. Its pretty easy keeping hate and dealing damage on him at the same time. So basically anything that you would normally use on another DD job that requires haste/accuracy. Hauby, homam etc..

On something like tiamat, I usually just idle in HP gear on ground and switch to fire resistance for when he's in the air. Tanking with joyeuse on him is kind of pointless on him unless you don't have a hrotti. Should be gear swapping back and forth for him.

For Khimaera I use a magic down set. This will help shave off the damage from his TP moves. The iron ram stuff is good for this.

The only time I really use /war is for dynamis. Your greatest friends here are shield skill and damage down.

You also want to have a pure enmity build for abilities, I use pure enmity for curing. And lastly you'll want a haste/enmity set. Macro that in for casting flash.

I don't have the time to say what gear you can buy, but hopefully, you'll have a better idea of what to look for when shopping on pld.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Re: PLD gearing

Utsusemi (Ni): Haste, Fast Cast
      Utsusemi (Ichi): Shield Skill, Fast Cast, Haste

Flash/Reprisal: Haste (I'd add enmity for Flash, too, but no room. lol. My general defense set has some enmity, though, so the Flash sub-set usually doesn't do to badly.)

HP down: Reduce max HP
      HP up: Increases max HP
      (i.e. Remove some max HP, then put them back, for self-curing to generate enmity.

Magic dmg: MDB, MDT-, DT-

TP set: Accuracy, Haste, Attack.

Rampart: VIT
      Chivalry: MND

I also have a general defense set which is a mixture Shield skill, HP, Enmity, Defense, MDB, and I use it primarily when a critter is staying on me instead of my co-tank. For idling, it's usually either the TP set or this defense set.

The TP set isn't necessary unless you have Atonement, but you'll want Atonement if you do not have it.

I don't find Earth Staff useful at all; if anything, I get more use out of Iron Ram Lance--and I only use that Lance for Proto-Ultima.

Some gears you may want:
      MDB:
      Iron Ram Hauberk set (Everything is good here, except maybe feet if you already have Askar feet. This set also has a good deal of enmity and HP.)
      Lamia Mantle +1
      Lamian Kaman (+1)

Shield Skill:
      Boxer's Mantle
      Gallant Leggings +1

TP set (if you have Atonement)
      Homam set (hands, legs, feet--and maybe body.)
      Dusk hands/feet: until you get Homam.

Cure:
      Hospitaler Earring (5% more HP cured is 5% more enmity--why don't more PLDs use this, I do not know.)
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
      X