Evasion Set Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evasion Set Questions

I’ve been doing OK with Nin thus far. Solo’d a couple easy minor NMs outside of Abyssea just to practice. The 1 notable thing I’ve done in Abyssea thus far was maybe tanking Brauieas (sp). Might not be that impressive but I was excited about it.

My gear is still pretty LOL imo but ya gotta start somewhere right? Coming to you guys for suggestions. I was wondering if anyone had a rough figure on how much +Evasion would constitute as a decent (or ‘good’) Evasion set. Here’s what I’m using right now.

Ichi-An(4) / Ichi-An(4) / Ungur Boom (8) / xxx
    O-hat (10) / Chiv Chain / Brutal/ Beastly Earring (5)
    Nin AF (chainmail) / Enkidu Mitts / Agi Ring/ Heed Ring (3)
    Boxer (10skill) / Nusku’s Sash (5) / Byakko Had / Ballerines (5)

That comes out to Evasion+44 and Evasion skill+10. Maybe a little more if you count the AGI = Eva stuff.

Are there any MUST HAVE pieces when it comes to evasion sets?

**Current Plan**
    -I’m mid way though the ToM Evasion katana so I have that area covered. Only doing 1 though since I’m doing the WoE Katana also.
    -I’m probably going to pick up Iga Neck asap
    -I will replace Beastly Earring with Iga Earring asap.
    -I plan on replacing Enkidu Mitts with Iga Tekko+1/2 asap.

What other suggestions do you guys have.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: Evasion Set Questions

If your straight up evasion gear, then replace the byakko hadaite with ocelot Trousers (10 eva) and consider evasion torque (7 eva skill) for your neck slot and also scouters rope (10 eva) for your waist slot.

--other than that it looks solid and of course keep going for those two eva sekkas

Comment

Malciform hit the nail on the head. I was going to suggest the same changes. The only alteration I would suggest is to go for a Scorpion Harness (+1 only if you're filthy rich). Switch out for the AF1 body in your TP set and either Loki's Kaftan or the AF3+1/2 for WS set.

Because my main was SMN for years... I got a little macro happy with my gear swaps and quicktime macro sets. I carry around about 50+ pieces for any given job I'm on. It's overkill... but it helps me to maximise for every situation.

Edit: Also... 2 Evasion Sekka's might be too much. That being said... I'm currently on my second to last trial for my second one. The only reason I justify doing that is because of the retarded amount of evasion tanking I do. The added 20 evasion and 9 AGI might not be the end all beat all.... but it sure makes a difference when you're tanking things like... Flameskimmer... and you find yourself in a full on Evasion Vs. Evasion battle.
      Last edited by Yygdrasil; 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

A good alternative to the scorpion harness for evasion is the aurore body. It has 8 evasion and 4 agi which makes it almost equal to the NQ harness, plus you get 4 str 4 dex 8 acc and double attack +2%.

Edit: If you can't get ahold of the Ocelot Trousers you can try for Spry Tights. I got Evasion +11 on mine.
        sigpic

Comment

I’ll admit I’ve been spending a lot of time in dynamis and on Bst (my true love)…and sorta neglecting my nin but...here’s my eva set as of today. Still needs work.

Sekka+2/Kamome/Ungur/x
          Ohat/Iga/Suppa/xxx
          Loki/Ocelot/Heed/Agi Ring
          Boxer/Nusku/Byakko/Ballerines

As you can see…not a ton of progress. I recently got Iga neck over evasion torque. Is there any evidence that +skill > +eva?

I can’t see prices at the moment. So for the time being, let’s assume I don’t have enough for SH+1. Why not go with Gules Harness (or is that expensive too)? I can probably do w/o Acc+10 right? I’m kicking myself for selling my Antares Harness way back when now... Fourth Division Brunne also seems like a viable option, but I’m pretty sure I don’t have 125k allied notes…probably not even close. I’m also not seeing what so horrible about the Aurore Doublet…seems like NQ scorp harness has +2 evasion over it…and that’s it. Then theirs the Alcide’s harness, but looking at the ingredients, I’m willing to bet that cost more then any of the above options. I’ll have to check prices on this stuff tonight.

Edit: If you can't get ahold of the Ocelot Trousers you can try for Spry Tights. I got Evasion +11 on mine.
          Hmm…not sure if that will work. I just got a pair with NTE+5 which I swap in for most spells. Could probably get a decent one but I’d have to keep one in satchel for marco purposes. I haven’t tried for Ocelot Trousers yet. I see some testimonials say it’s duoable. I’m pretty sure I can get 3-5 people (including a mnk for blunt time) to help me out.

I’ve thought about doing a second Eva katana since tje first one was actually very easy. But it’s up in the air.

--side note—
          When you talk about your evasion sets, do you include the ‘2 Agi = 1 Eva’ in your numbers?
          For instance do you consider Sekka+2 having +20 eva, or +24 eva?
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
          X