Gear/Skilling Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear/Skilling Question

There are "fortilaces" (sp?) in Castle Zvahl Baileys (S) that you can skill up on. Just equip the weakest weapon you have and maybe some gear that reduces melee stats and go watch Titanic or something.

Or so I hear. I haven't tried it myself though I've been tempted to level staff this way
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      If SE was OK with Astral Flow party, it's natural the company would be ok with Abyssea exp alliance.
      Well obviously or I'm sure I would have heard about it somewhere. I just ... wow. For a game where it used to take for-fucking-ever to do just about everything they turned it to ultra-super-mega easymode. I mean talk about completely changing the makeup of the game.

I am just saying that I'm glad I quit, as this is not the direction I would have liked the game to take. More power to you guys for having fun though, after all, that's what playing a game is all about.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Screw it. Of all the things in this game that have been "easy-moded", I don't want to exploit the fort thing for skills. I still enjoy the satisfaction of getting something that it SHOULD take me forever to get. Back to beating on colibri for a few hours.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I hope it wasn't me dissuading you. I'm not looking down on anyone, it just reinforced that my decision to quit and never return was the right one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            I am just saying that I'm glad I quit, as this is not the direction I would have liked the game to take.
            Er, I'm not saying I personally like the idea of Lv.30 leeching to Lv.90--though it's getting more tempting looking all the time since exp parties are fairly scarce. However, since SE is more than likely OK with this situation, there's little use complaining about it.

Also, you don't need to look at where FF11 is going to justify your decision to quit; the way you are constantly looking for justification may mean you actually want to return.
            Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 01-26-2011, 04:45 PM. Reason: Typo~
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

First off... congrats on a high NIN. I'd love to key-whore my subs or maybe a caster job (only a few lvls cuz I like to learn the job) but it would have to be thrown in my lap cuz I know I'd rather enjoy exploring with any of my 3 jobs at 90.

Thanks for that equation too. I'll remember this time... I swear I will... er... what was I trying to put to memory again? .. oh, right? That... got it.. I swear.

For the debate:

It's easier now, sure ... but when Abyssea first came out it was hit and miss for a good xp party. You could spend hours getting crap xp or nothing but frustration and a mandragora leaf... Now people know how to get the best payout... like any natural progression. I was late to the party when I first started, but it was about 2 months before they increased the last xp/mob. I had 2 months of hell and was about ready to quit cuz it just wasn't fun being told over and over my THF needed to be /NIN before I'd be invited for a party yet I had to get a job I didn't want to play up to 30 just to unlock NIN so I could play the job I wanted to play. "It's /NIN, Leaping Boots, and Peacock Charm or GTFO you /WAR newb"... then SE suddenly made it more solo friendly and it was like "Wow, now I can get behind this game". Birds were ez pz too... it's been a slow ball rolling but SE has been attempting to make FFxi more accessible to the general populace for years.

Abyssea hasn't taken away all the time sinks. There are still many challenging aspects as well. There always will be. I'm glad they are going in this direction, myself. I felt that it was BS making SMN burn the only (quickly gimping) way to higher level but you had to be one of 2-4 jobs to be involved or shell out gil to a bunch of (typically who I knew who were doing it) asshole fucksquat butt-kissing back-stabbing mouth-breathing selfish!tfaces:

"Sure you can be in our SMN burn... we just needs 500k (or more) to help us build our pyramid... er, I mean, relic weapon... the slaves... er, I mean, my friends need the carrot dangled, er, oopsie... so sorry, again... wages"

Met very few SMN burners I got along with, if you can't tell... I didn't have anything against them SMN burning at all... just them personally. Maybe I ran across a vocal minority... I'll never know.

Another aspect of SE "dumbing it down" is that it's a totally different atmosphere these days than when it came out. People's attention spans are far far shorter. We're talking gnat-sized here, folks. Commercial industry is teaching future directors/writers that you've lost your audience at 3 seconds these days. This is also a beautiful contrast to SE's latest attempt at sucking our lives and souls away in an MMO. FFxiv doesn't interest me in the least because FFxi is spoiling the sh!t outta me these days. SE knows this. People who left are indeed coming back. Every day there's someone coming back. Since I've been in my newest shell we've gotten proly one per week.

Agree or disagree with my take. That's always a valid option. I'm just saying how I feel about it all.. in Ygg's slightly hijacked post. The most valid point is that it's a game. Games are for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy it, then why bother?

fyi... this was far lengthier than I ever intended =/
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Also, you don't need to look at where FF11 is going to justify your decision to quit; the way you are constantly looking for justification may mean you actually want to return.
                Not so much a justification as much as it's a confirmation that I made the right decision. And where am I constantly looking for any sort of justification? I read the thread, I said I didn't like this new direction and that I was glad I quit when I did. I don't think I've been making constant reasons and/or excuses why I quit, have I? If anything, it's been other people (/point Yyg ) trying to get me to return that have warranted justification for my refusal.
                sigpic

Comment

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. ~ Queen Gertrude (Shakespeare)
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

So I had fun last night. I only had about an hour to play, but I skilled up pretty well with the time I had. I opted to go to The B. Pinacle and fight tigers right inside the zone line. They occasionally (rarely) double-attack and have a fairly low acc. They also don't use any huge TP moves that I've seen yet. The only thing that grew increasingly annoying was their AoE Petrify attack that limited my shadow re-cast. Besides that, the fights were a breeze. I went in with full acc gear and some eva gear on top of it... Fuma feet for +3% haste and Dusk Gloves for another +3%. It wasn't much, but I'm sure it helped more than it hurt me.

To start I had 129 Katana Skill. and a gimped out lvl 12 /DNC. Each tiger took about 5 minutes to kill and I managed to average about 3 skills per fight. At one point, I hit a really sweet spot where I was getting back to back 0.5's... about 7 in a row that zoomed me up. In the end I went from 129 to 162. I also realized that my ninjitsu skill is way more gimp than I originally thought... only at 65. That's going to suck... hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      I read the thread, I said I didn't like this new direction and that I was glad I quit when I did. I don't think I've been making constant reasons and/or excuses why I quit, have I? If anything, it's been other people (/point Yyg ) trying to get me to return that have warranted justification for my refusal.
                      hmm. I probably mis-read/remembered, then.

I do remember you've posted in a couple of threads that you'd probably return if you have an account, yet you've written that you're glad you've quit in a few others. I suppose your feelings for FF11 is a bit complicated.

Anyhow, enough derail.
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Anyhow, enough derail.
                        With me and Aks speaking in the same thread? Surely you jest...

Comment

Working...
                        X