Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ninja tanking 55+

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
    The problem with this logic is that, if the (more offensive) Paladin is doing it right, their gear should be sacrificing only minimal boosts in defense for significant boosts in offense, in such a way that the extra kill-speed gained from the Paladin's additional damage output should easily outweigh the small increase in damage taken, and would therefore actually ease the MP flow when compared to a full turtle in most normal situations.
    Aside from some special cases, no single piece of gear can give a "significant boost". For example, PCC is a 5% increase in hit rate, which is tremendous by any measure. But, if you were doing an average of 60 damage a minute, 5% is just 3 more damage a minute.

DD'ing is about the whole package--all your gear (sets), food, and aggressiveness.

I suspect defensive play is about the same; at some point, removing enough defensive (defense, shield skill, VIT, HP, and even MP to some degree) gear will break your defensive game unless facing really weak monsters. It's the main reason why I advocate starting from full turtle, and gradually move toward offensive setup as the party warm up and shows what it's capable of doing on the offensive and recovery fronts both.

Are you still avoiding parties, YM? I suggest you level NIN in pickup groups--NIN is much more sensitive to party's dynamics than PLD, and will help you move beyond all the paper-talk debates that clog the forums.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      Are you still avoiding parties, YM?
      At this point? Not at all! As things are right now I'd have to get to 51 RDM first before I'd need to start actively avoiding them.

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      I suggest you level NIN
      Noooooooo. No, no, no, absolutely not. Do not want.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

This is more my kind of Turtlin..

Good points all around IoI. I concur. =/ I wish my love for FF11 hadn't waned...

°·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
        sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Working...
        X