Blade: Jin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blade: Jin

I'll add some not overly difficult to get gear as suggestion.

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
    Head: Anwig Salade ( STR +4, DEX +4, WS ACCU +15, Increased WS DMG) or Maat's Cap (STR and DEX +7)
    Both are decent option, though my preference goes out to Anwig because of the WS accuracy.
    Personally I own neither, I use Voyager Sallet on lower evasion mobs and O-hat on higher evasion.
    I haven't considered my options for 80 gear though, since I'm not sure if I'll take nin any further.

Neck: Chiv Torque
    Alternatives:
    PCC/PCA
    Hope Torque
    Breeze/Thunder Gorget

Ear 1: Pixie Earring
    Ear 2: Brutal Earring
    Brutal is a keeper, Aesir earring for the other.

Body: Haub
    Keeper, replace with +1 if you get the gil.

Hand: Ochi Kote
    Alternatives:
    Ninja tekko +1
    Koga Tekko (+1) at night

Ring1: Flame Ring
    Ring2: Rajas Ring
    Keepers, though Strigoi ring if you can get your mitts on them.
    There's also the STR+6 "HQ'" Ring now, Vulcan's Ring.
    On high evasion mobs I stick to Accuracy rings.

Back: Anment Mantle +1
    Alternatives:
    Forager's mantle
    Cerberus Mantle (+1)
    Cuchulain's Mantle
    Aesir mantle

Waist: Warwolf Belt
    I believe this has finally met its replacement too, cannot remember what it's called though.
    Seems to be an Abyssea NM drop.

Legs: Byakko
    Keeper, although I personally use Usukane Hizayoroi for the STR and +10 Attack.

Feet: Usu or the pink feet?
    I personally wouldn't use anything from the Aurore set at all on nin, it's not a bad set, but there's a lot better for nin.
    Usukane feet are a much better choice, if you have them.
    Another option is Rutter sabatons.
    You can also try for Agrona's Leggings - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more, only downside is, Yilbegan's droprate on these sucks.

At night you can try to go all DEX built by using Koga feet, but from my own experience Attack and STR give more consitent numbers with the occasional spike when Double attack procs during the WS.

Also even with 8/8 Katana merits, Accuracy stays one of the most important stats.
    Especially when it comes to Blade: Jin.
    As much as I enjoy the quote "I stack strength so I can whiff harder" I hate to see it happen in my parties.
    Last edited by Shirai; 07-16-2010, 03:48 AM.
    Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I like the Ninja Tekko +1 alternative. How is Hope torque easy to get btw? Also what about the magian trial things?

I'm going to keep pushing NIN in hopes that by 99 there is a new Utsusemi and more Dual Wield love ^ ^

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
        I'm going to keep pushing NIN in hopes that by 99 there is a new Utsusemi and more Dual Wield love ^ ^
        There is indeed a new, player-usable Utsusemi: San in the .dat files. Odds are Ninja will see one more level of the Dual Wield job trait by 99, as well.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
        X