• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blink Tank Equipment/Thoughts Levels 1-30

Originally posted by Narru
    Food to use:
    Bowl of Navarin or Meat Mithkabobs
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but SE nerfed Navarin's Eva+ bonus (not sure if it was just reduced as a flat pt bonus or removed entirely but it's definitely not a %+ anymore) So you might want to update your listing. Mithkabobs also got nerfed (all of these caps have now been put into place for most foods) You could put Dhalmel Stew or Pies in place of Meat Miths and Pumpkin instead of Navarin.

Also, when leveling NIN, I find it's a waste of time and money to get eva+ gear up to 20s. Focus on VIT+ and Def+ gear (basically, anything a PLD would wear and if a NIN can equip) Too bad NIN can't equip Battle Gloves since the eva+ and acc+ would be very helpful (But then again, those gloves would be selling for 100s of Ks)

I think once you get your debuffs, like Hojo and Kurayami, you can tank effectively. But it's actually at 30, when you get Jubaku, does it get a lot easier to solo blink tank until 37, when you get Utsu: Ni.

If you're in a static, I would agree with going all out and not having gils stand between you and being uber. But if it's going to be a lot of pickup parties with tons of idiots, then you're better off not blowing 100s of Ks for those kinds of situations ... :sweat:

Oh and one note on the Kote. I was in a party with my THF and a NIN (level 34, one level lower than me) was main tanking. He had Kote on. First off, his dmg wasn't impressive on those Worker Crawlers. Secondly, -eva hurts, regardless of how much other +eva you have. Sadly enough, at those levels, anything -eva will come back to bite you in the ass. It did to the NIN who died three times in half an hour and on the 3rd death, just Mijin Gakure, HP'd and disbanded. LOL
    My Stats

Comment

Re: Blink Tank Equipment Levels 1-30 &lt;-- NEED INPUT

Going to be picking up NIN for my PLD, lots and lots of equipment stated, but for being gil happy, it may work. I was wondering anyone got any suggestions if you're strapped for cash??

JP

P.S. I'm going to be working on getting enough fame in Tenshodo for Utsu Ichi and will hope to get a BCNM run for NI T_T.

brave; integritous; commanding
      New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
      75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
      ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

I dunno but for those strapped on cash you can try getting Windurstian gear instead of Federation since its only marginally better i feel on some parts. The Windurstian gear is CHEAPER than the NQ gear and cheaper than Federation because everyone wants to HQ Federation but not Windurstian(on my server anyway). Camping for Emp pin is more viable now with rare/ex on the item, and leaping boots i never thought were a necessary need but it is indeed useful. Also if you want just get one HQ Katana and one normal sword on the side.

Comment

That works. Too bad since they're rare/ex everyone (including their grandma) is farming EMP 24/7 now LOL. So it's about harder now since there are a ton of competition. Leeping Lizz maybe workable (if I get my ass to do it that is T T ).

JP

brave; integritous; commanding
          New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
          75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
          ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

Originally posted by JP_Ikari
            That works. Too bad since they're rare/ex everyone (including their grandma) is farming EMP 24/7 now LOL. So it's about harder now since there are a ton of competition. Leeping Lizz maybe workable (if I get my ass to do it that is T T ).

JP
            Quoted for truth ; ; But at least you dont have to farm endlessly i guess.

Comment

I hit 30 last night and here's my current gear:
              Main: Nikkariaoe
              Sub: Fukuro
              Head: Emporer Hairpin
              Body: Federation Gi
              Back: Nomad's Mantle +1
              Neck: Spike Necklace
              Hands: Custom M Gloves
              Belt: Warrior's Belt +1
              Earrings: Dodge Earrings x2
              Rings: Reflex Rings x2
              Legs: Kingdom Trousers
              Feet: Leaping Boots:

Hume stats:
              -25% Spell Interruption Rate
              STR34+7
              DEX34+12
              VIT31+4
              AGI34+12
              INT28
              MND22-6
              CHR25

Evasion+25
              Attack: 121
              Defense: 110

No merits.
              With Berserk:
              Attack: 151
              Defense: 82

Food: Navarin or Sole Sushi depending on my position in the party.

If I'm second voke or plain DD which I've had before when the leaders decide to invite a PLD then I like Sole Sushi. Navarin is for main tanking.

Navarin btw is now +5 evasion bringing my total to +30 for lvl 30^^
              This is still the 3nd best with the exception of Tender Navarin and Jack-O-Lantern but Navarin gives me a little of everything so I'd rather get that.
              The only thing I can do better is get a 5 million +3 evasion skill earring. /sigh
              75BLM/41RDM WHM37 61NIN/WAR37 MNK10 THF8
              Bastok: 10 Windurst: 7-1
              ZM: DONE CoP 8-1 ToAU8
              Goldsmithing: 48.7+1 Clothcraft: 83.0+1
              http://akujin.defaultalias.com

Comment

Working...
              X