Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monk equip update

Hello guys!
    How some of you may know, I came back in game from 1 year hiatus, and, what rocked back then (my equip) is now... weak.

I don't want to annoy you with details, I will just tell you I have a scorpion harness (was very proud of myself when I bought it, now it's 30.000 at the AH) I have tiger mask, hands, legs and feet AF, and the weapon is wagh baghnakhs. Although I recently (today) bought the Acantha shavers.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should wear? I just broke the limit, should I get lv 80 before changing my equip?
    Should I finish the 3 add-ons and get the 3 parts of monk gear?

I'm a bit confused I must admit.
    Signature, ah!

Re: Monk equip update

Auore (or however its spelled) gear is available from the AH for cheap (usually 7k/piece). They are also purchasable with curor from the curor prospector NPCs in T. Canyon, L. Plateau and k. Highlands Abyssea areas. They're all equipable at level 78. That's as good a place as any to start. I personally know very little about MNK gear but that should at least bring you up to par.
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 04-01-2011, 11:40 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

also...pretty sure Wagh beats out Acantha Shavers.
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
        Auore (or however its spelled) gear is available from the AH for cheap (usually 7k/piece). They are also purchasable with curor from the curor prospector NPCs in T. Canyon, L. Plateau and k. Highlands Abyssea areas. They're all equipable at level 78. That's as good a place as any to start. I personally know very little about MNK gear but that should at least bring you up to par.

I'll agree with this. I swapped my Hauby on my Sam for the Auore set.

Comment

Ideally;

Get a Verethragna or Revenant Fists +2 (RF is much easier to get, both are the best weapons for MNK hands-down though). Try to get your AF3 as well, as MNK's is insanely OP (though you can skip the neck, it's not that great especially if you have Faith Torque)

Afflictors are decent too, but I strongly recommend Revenant Fists +2 if you don't have enough friends or an LS to get a Verethragna. Victory Smite is just ridiculously strong, it completely craps on every other MNK WS.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Romyro you're right, I just checked that. Well, let's sell them back lol.

Malacite believe me, I'd love to have those weapons you mentioned, but I need help, and after a hacker fucked up my account my friendlist got lost (he deleted it) so I am starting from the beginning.
            I guess I will hit lv 76 and then I'll worry about equip, the aurore set seems nice. I'd also want to try and get the 3 mnk equip from the add-ons.
            Signature, ah!

Comment

AF3 isn't terribly hard to get, though you may want to level a job that can proc yellow !!

Revenant Fists +2 aren't hard to get. VNMs kinda suck, but it's mostly just time consuming (camping NMs) and WoE does suck a bit but SE is updating it in the next update. 30 coins isn't terribly hard to get anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                you may want to level a job that can proc yellow !!
                That's not really a necessity. Plenty of jobs are accpted into seal farming groups with or without procs. It's true that it's a lot easier to get into one if you have something that can proc... but you dont need it.

You can usually get away with coming as /nin and covering the NIN spells. They can all be cast with NIN as your SJ anyway.

Comment

Guys, do you think wulong shoes are ok for lv 75, or should I just stick with AF feet?

Also... what is proc yellow? And 30 coins for what? (i'm totally out of the world I know lol)
                  Signature, ah!

Comment

If you go to the ffxi wiki page and look up "Weakness Targeting"... you can read all about it.

Think of it as a way to increase the drop rates on various TYPES of items that an NM drops... simply by figuring out what it's RED, YELLOW and BLUE weaknesses are. There's a system. It's hard to break it down into a simple explination. Read up on it.

Comment

Coins of Advancement I think is for the Revenant Fists +1. They're drops from the Walk of Echos, you need 30 of them to get the +1 weapon which grants the Empyrean Weaponskill when that weapon's equipped. The +2 is just 30 high kindred crests which is a breeze to get.

The difference between a MNK with and without Victory Smite is like Night & Day, and I'm not exaggerating in the least. It's even more profound if said Smiter has Verethragna but that's one of the more arduous Empyreans to finish (FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Chloris fucking 8 KI's to pop)
                      sigpic

Comment

Mmh... ok guys, last question, then I'll be off trying to figure out the best choice.

What is the easiest (if easiest is right word...) WS and weapon to get? Where should I start?

(for those of you who wonder, yes, I still have asuran fists, being level 75).
                        Signature, ah!

Comment

You ever do Nyzul Isle?

Ascetic's Fury is an OK-stand in for Smiting Blow until you get it, provided you get Razed Ruins & Gnarled Horn Atmas.
                          sigpic

Comment

No I never did nyzul isle... do I need a party, 2 parties? I am sure getting ascetic fury won't be easy...
                            Signature, ah!

Comment

No I never did nyzul isle... do I need a party, 2 parties? I am sure getting ascetic fury won't be easy...
                              Well…if you haven’t started Nyzule…it won’t be easy. Check the Nyzul page for more in-depth details.

Even if you didn’t fail any floors and kept up with runs/tags, it will take you about 2 weeks to get to at least floor 70ish. I think around 70 is when the WS point requirement become more reasonable.
                              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                              -Verth (90) Completed!!
                              -Guttler (95) Completed!
                              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
                              X