Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloable BCNMs?

Hello there, good people of DiV!
    I am Juriri, better known as Iphel, the dirt-poor, party-hating monk! I come to you seeking advice, and likely looking much as an idiot.

Ahem, so, the basic gist is, I'm level 49. In one or two more levels, I'll want my Cross-Counters. These are, on my server, at least, around 3mil. I don't have Aht Urgan access, nor can get to Tavnazia, and thusly can't exactly farm them. So, I'm looking for a money-making scheme, because with a current budget of 8k, I have no idea how the hell else I'm going to be able to afford these.
    This is where you come in!

I'm looking for BCNMs that I should be able to solo.
    The basics are that I'm a 49 Monk with the available, leveled subjobs of WAR29, DNC32, THF22 and BST 10. I have a pair of Tourney Patas, a Jujitsu Gi, and the primary bulk of my gear is Eva+.

Any suggestions as to BCNMs I should be capable of soloing?
    My Guard is in the 90s, my Eva in the 130s, if that's of any use.

Re: Soloable BCNMs?

I don't know of any BCNMs solo'able by your average melee job. I've heard BST can solo some of them (Petrifying Pair) but most BCNMs will require more than one person. At least that I'm aware of. I suggest getting some friends interested in making gil through creating a static ... though pooling the gil someone gets for selling the drops and splitting it may create more problems than it's worth. Most BCNM runs I've ever been on have been YOYD (Your Orb Your Drop). Luck really needs to be on your side with BCNMs. In attempting to acquire Lizzie boots (after I gave up on Lizzie) I did Petrifying Pair about 15 times and never got any of the good/expensive drops.

There are many ways to make gil in FFxi ... My main way is farming commonly used/wanted crafting crap and AH'n it ... Use youre THF 22 for Treasure Hunter (TH2 @ Lvl 45 is an epic leap) so you can MNK/THF and farm. Farming w/o TH is a waste of time imHo.

3milllion gil is alot of bee chips, honey, and silk thread for sure... but that's what I am currently doing for a Hagun. Damn, I wish I had time for a Sky LS.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

There is the level 50 BC Treasures and Tribulations in which you enter an arena with 3 treasure boxes. One of them is real, the other two are mimics. If you pick the right chest, you win, otherwise, the mimic attacks you (and you'll die, if you're going in solo and can't warp out in time). The money drop from this BC is the sorcerer's ring, which sells for some nice change if you manage to get it.

I am not saying this is a good way to waste, I mean spend, your beastmen seals. I am simply mentioning this as a soloable BC for a 49 MNK.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Agreed, not much that a MNK can solo as far as BCNMs is concerned, Petryfiying Pair (like Neverslip said) as well as Wings of Fury are BCNMs that are soloable but mainly by a BST. You can also try farming Beast Bloods from triple bats in Zitah (and at level 50 you will get some decent exp as well) and NPC them for some decent return. Once you're higher, you can try farming Coeurl meat and hides for some decent cash as well.
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Good call, Truece. I was trying to remember the specifics of that BCNM ... but yeah it sounds more trouble than it's worth. If I remember correctly, it's location is kinda difficult to get to as well.

Originally posted by hexx View Post
          You can also try farming Beast Bloods from triple bats in Zitah (and at level 50 you will get some decent exp as well) and NPC them for some decent return.
          I used to do this ALOT with Dnc/Thf... it was worth it before they nerfed the NPC prices + drop rate on blood (seems like drop rate was nerfed to me). Still with the coueauaorl crap and other stuff it's a very profitable zone. I'm totally considering taking my 50 Thf out there.

In the same vein... at approximately Lvl 30 the Leech-beaches out in Buburima Peninsula are pretty choice too. If you're Thf you can steal gold coins off of the mobs in the Labyrinth while you await the leeches popping again on the NE beach. Good place to get your Carbuncle Ruby too for the SMN job quest. As I was farming leeches I helped several people get rubies. Some of whom paid me, though I didn't ever ask.... evertime I've gotten a melee job to 30 I've /Dnc and gone out there for xp + gil.

If you wanna lvl your 22Thf and get good drops get a buddy and duo the (NE??) pond in Pashow Marshlands. Watch out for the water elementals if you bring a caster (tho usually there's someone farming for water clusters out there anyway).
          Last edited by Neverslip; 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM.
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
            Agreed, not much that a MNK can solo as far as BCNMs is concerned, Petryfiying Pair (like Neverslip said) as well as Wings of Fury are BCNMs that are soloable but mainly by a BST. You can also try farming Beast Bloods from triple bats in Zitah (and at level 50 you will get some decent exp as well) and NPC them for some decent return. Once you're higher, you can try farming Coeurl meat and hides for some decent cash as well.
            I've seen MNK solo ODS. But you absolutely need to cap Guard and have pretty good gear >_>
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              I've seen MNK solo ODS. But you absolutely need to cap Guard and have pretty good gear >_>
              Thats a KSNM my good man, and that was an uber pimp MNK/DNC too, our friend here is a lowbie who needs some ideas to make a quick buck ^^b

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
              I used to do this ALOT with Dnc/Thf... it was worth it before they nerfed the NPC prices + drop rate on blood (seems like drop rate was nerfed to me). Still with the coueauaorl crap and other stuff it's a very profitable zone. I'm totally considering taking my 50 Thf out there.
              The price was nerfed, but not the drop rate, I can still make a cool 150kish out there in an hours worth of farming as SAM/THF (use soboro). Our friend here will prolly make less per hour since he wont be killing as fast, but its still a decent return + exp. I would know, I leveled SAM/DNC there before it was 75 LOL and made some good money for my sam gear in the process.
              Last edited by hexx; 01-08-2010, 03:54 PM.
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                If you wanna lvl your 22Thf and get good drops get a buddy and duo the (NE??) pond in Pashow Marshlands. Watch out for the water elementals if you bring a caster (tho usually there's someone farming for water clusters out there anyway).
                Northwest, Hoaxmarsh.
                I hit that place up every so often for Beastman Blood. The drop rates are kinda sketchy, even with Treasure Hunter 1 so I usually supplement it by killing the crawlers for silk while waiting on respawns. The stuff takes forever to sell though. Seems like someone on my server's always trying to flood the market so the price tanks right after I finish farming some.
                Oh, and watch out for Bogeys after sunset.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

The fastet ZOMG I NEEDS TEH CASH NOW way of making gil is doing Avatar Runs. RDMs and SMNs can solo these things with ease and it's 10k gil per win with a max of 60k gil per day not including the other junk you can farm. Just about everyone and thoer mother has RDM levelled so it won't be hard finding high level help.

If you want to make money fast fishing is a fairly good option. The idea is to sit on your fish until the end of the month when SE starts banning the fishbots so your stuff will sell.

Cooking isn't too bad either. You won't make a ton of money from it but it's all profit and it all adds up.

Farming Coeurl meat is always good but it's not a good idea for a MNK. You need access to Paralyna to be able to farm them efficiently.

The following zones are also goldmines for farming as well as doing a bit of FoV:

Just about everything you can possibally do in Santcuary of Zi Tah and Boyhada Tree will make you a nice chunk of gil while you do it.
                  Just about everything in Rolanberry Fields
                  Just about everything in Jugner Forest
                  Just about everything in Crawler's Nest
                  Pretty much all of Delkutt's Tower
                  Pretty much all of Fei`Yin (probably out of your level range)
                  The Jungles, FoV there is pretty jucrative.
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                  X