Low level food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low level food

So most guides say meats and stuff are good for monks but I'm not sure whats best im an 18 monk and im fully decked out with gear just looking to push it over the edge with some food moneys not to much of an issue so what food should i go for
    Found Online Made by me

Re: Low level food

Meat Mithakbob (1/2 hr, stackable, or Marinara Pizza (3hr; not stackable.); recommend you buy those at Jeuno. If worried about gil or travel time, get Meat Jerky (1/2 hr, stackable) from NPC.

Play with this: FFXIGEAR.com Set to your current gear, then try different food.

Meat: Meat Mithakbob, Meat Jerky
    Bread: Marinara Pizza
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

From 1-15; Grilled Hare/Grilled Black hate

15-30; Roast/Juicy Mutton, or Meat Jerky if you lack money/cooking skill

30-45: Dhalmel/Wild Steak

45-70: Meat/Chief Mithkabobs, and you can start using Sushi now as well and see a noticeable boost in accuracy.

Food Effects Guide - Final Fantasy XI - somepage.com

That's the detailed guide on food effects, it has them listed scaling by character level so you can always use that as a reference for what you should be eating at each level. But the rule of thumb I find that works swimmingly well for melee classes is to use meat until the mid 40's or higher, as you'll get far more attack than you will accuracy from food due to the higher % modifiers.

This goes double for RNG; you get 4 accuracy bonus traits, you shouldn't need sushi in EXP parties unless you're over-hunting. Rice dumplings will apparently last you just fine until 50 O.o; (go go +30% ranged attack. SAM can use this to deadly effect as well)
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I have been using Meat Jerky from lvl 10-30 Drk, and I have yet still to reach the 160 Base attack Cap. (Might reach it at lvl 35). Use Meat Jerky until you have a base 160 Attack, then Dhamel Steak, or Meatmith Kabobs. The Meat Jerky is cheap (108/Pice), and can be bought at many vendors in the three main nations. Northern San d'Oria, at the Pheonix Perch on the second floor, is where I usually stock up on mine.

If you are having issues with Accuracy grab a Jack-O'Lantern which gives +10 Acc, Racc, and Eva with just a -10(?) Chr (Lasts 3 hours). When you hit lvl 25, go to Sushi (I don't use Acc food, so I am not so sure of what would be a good food at that lvl).

Comment

Don't send people to Somepage.com; that site is more or less abandoned, and was used to transmit malware more than once.

Besides, the food guide on there is a bit outdated. May want to consider using Marinara Pizza instead of meat or sushi.

Use the FFXIgear.com site to check out what each food does for your stat, with the gear you have.

- Mugaku

Comment

Oo the site still runs fine for me and I have np with malware... but then I use onecare

Marinara Pizza is really good from 50+ yes, and is an awesome merit party food as well if you're at Mamool Ja Staging Point.

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            I have been using Meat Jerky from lvl 10-30 Drk, and I have yet still to reach the 160 Base attack Cap. (Might reach it at lvl 35). Use Meat Jerky until you have a base 160 Attack, then Dhamel Steak, or Meatmith Kabobs. The Meat Jerky is cheap (108/Pice), and can be bought at many vendors in the three main nations. Northern San d'Oria, at the Pheonix Perch on the second floor, is where I usually stock up on mine.

If you are having issues with Accuracy grab a Jack-O'Lantern which gives +10 Acc, Racc, and Eva with just a -10(?) Chr (Lasts 3 hours). When you hit lvl 25, go to Sushi (I don't use Acc food, so I am not so sure of what would be a good food at that lvl).
            Well for starters, meat jerky is only attack +22%, where as roast/juicy mutton is 27%. And fyi meat jerky's cap is at a136 base, not 160. Roast Mutton caps at 111 and juicy 129 because it adds 5 more attack. You're also getting 4 attack traits on DRK so you can move up to dhalmel meat much sooner.

Do not bother with sushi before at least level 40. It is a waste of money as the % modifiers are too small. Oh, but once you're in the 50's and above and start fighting Colibri (which can steal your food) it's a good idea to use Crab sushi if you're tight on cash.
            sigpic

Comment

I did notice that the cap was at 136, not 160. I didn't check my Drk attack when I was posting that. I was thinking it was something lower, but I guess I was wrong. It was at 156 at that time with only Beetle Earrings +2 (X2), and a Spike Necklace.

I did switch to the Dhamel Steak, but omg... If you have a nin tank... DONT USE IT! Dies because of it, and I never even weapon skilled >.<

Comment

I still a firm believer of rice dumplings at low levels. You get STR, Attack, and Acc and few other stats.

Comment

Dumplings are expensive and only give 5 Accuracy (+2.5 hit rate), in exchange for slightly lower Attack (20% Attack bonus instead of 22%).

I wouldn't bother with sushi these days thanks to Marinara Pizza. Would probably start using the pizza at around Lv.40.

Comment

That raises a question. Most people don't seem to buy multiple hour foods but for some reason Marinara pizza is ok. Why is that?

Comment

Because its stats are amazing.

Comment

And, Marinara Pizza is relatively cheap. If you die, or the party disband early, it's no big deal to pop another.

- Mugaku

Comment

Food Effects: (4 hours, All Races)

* HP +25
                          * Attack +21% (Cap: 55)
                          * Accuracy +11% (Cap: 44+) Verification Needed
                          * Undead Killer
                          That's for the +1 Pizza. Very nice food, giving a good chunk of both attack and accuracy but not the food of choice if you're only lacking in 1 of those areas. Sushi still beats it on Accuracy and Meat will beat it on Attack, but it is still the best (and cheap) hybrid melee food in the game.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's possible that against IT++ mobs the extra 6% Acc on HQ sushi will win out, but I'm finding it hard to believe that a standard meat dish would outperform Marinara Pizza, extreme situations like merit parties notwithstanding.

Comment

It caps pretty low... +55 attack isn't much. If you really want a huge attack boost, it's all about the curry

I suppose I should have said attack food rather than meat specifically, since Coeurl Subs are under Bread (as are curry buns) and Red Curry is under soup (which is sorta right... though I would actually list it under meat as curry is technically just a sauce and not a soup.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X