Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support job for MNK?

Hi all!

I know there must be a thread about this somewhere, I might even started it up myself, but unfortunately I can't seem to find it...

I actually have 2 questions:

1. What do you guys consider the best support job for MNK, besides WAR? Isn't WAR kinda boring (no offense!)

2. What do you guys consider the most unusual but working support job for MNK? I mean, jobs with MP are not "working", they don't add anything to the MNK abbilities, right?

I can't wait to hear your oppinions!

Thank you for your replies
    Life is good, Final Fantasy is better...

Silverlance on Leviathan (Hume MNK)

Re: Support job for MNK?

Well if you say war is boring then just experiment.

I for one when soling monk have done well subbing DNC, as your H2H you hit twice per round and with the dancers drain effect you can get Hp off the mob helping you minimise downtime.

Other ideas can be SAM as it increases TP build the higher the level.

The thing is their always is a subjob people would say you must do, but its your game, go with what you feel comfortable with, different subjobs suit different situations, just don't be affraid to experiment.

When soloing PLD I go /RDm instead of /WAR as it boost my low galka HP, gives me some entheebles and enhancing spells as well as regen etc. also in parties there are more and more PLD's going / DNC

Comment

WAR allows for maximum damage at the cost of your survival and the healer's MP, due to this, most will sub NIN

WHM sub for MNK allows them to maximise their Chi Blast potential (more MND)

And why don't jobs with MP work? With WHM and RDM subs you can self buff yourself. With SCH sub you can recover your own MP pool and at the same time enfeeble at the B skill potential.

DNC for campaign.

And I make BST work. If I get to 75 and go help out a friend's sky shell (as an example), I will go for Chi Blasting purposes with a Bird in tow for the 4 gods outside.

THF for SA/TA/SATA Dragon Kick

And in the "just for fun with no practical purpose (somewhat)" category, SAM sub for staff smashing fun and PUP for a "curebot".

afk back to work :p
      [LadyKiKi]
      Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
      .:|The Prototype BST|:.
      Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Read the stickies/FAQ/Wiki
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Thanks for your all replies. The stickies/FAQ/Wiki are at FFXIclopedia, I presume?

So, since I am a lvl 19 MNK, the best sub for me atm would be WAR or THF and as soon as I reach lvl 30 MNK, I think it would be nice to do DNC.
          Why btw do you have to change your sub job to main to lvl it up? I really thought it would lvl up together with your main...at least, that would be more logical...right?

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenDame View Post
            Thanks for your all replies. The stickies/FAQ/Wiki are at FFXIclopedia, I presume?

So, since I am a lvl 19 MNK, the best sub for me atm would be WAR or THF and as soon as I reach lvl 30 MNK, I think it would be nice to do DNC.
            Why btw do you have to change your sub job to main to lvl it up? I really thought it would lvl up together with your main...at least, that would be more logical...right?
            The best sub for you at the moment is indeed WAR. THF isn't going to offer you much of anything on MNK until you reach 30, when you gain access to Sneak Attack (and even then, I personally feel that /WAR is still your better choice of the two).

And yeah, you have to switch your subjob to your main job in order to level it. When I first started reading about the game, I thought your SJ would level with you as well, but I quickly discovered that it doesn't happen, and really, why it doesn't happen either (keeps you playing, teaches you that job, provides you with more actually leveled job options, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
              And yeah, you have to switch your subjob to your main job in order to level it. When I first started reading about the game, I thought your SJ would level with you as well, but I quickly discovered that it doesn't happen, and really, why it doesn't happen either (keeps you playing, teaches you that job, provides you with more actually leveled job options, etc.)
              You got a point there, Murphie, about learning the job...I actually am levelling up WAR now and it's quite fun having to fight the low hp monsters again, seeing how far you can get, before they get too powerful for your lvl...

btw, I LOVE you avatar!!! Soooooo cute!!

Comment

If MNK is the first job you plan on taking to Lv.75, /WAR is what you want for now, and it's not a bad idea to take it 37 now that you've a MNK19.

Once you have a Lv.30+ job to unlock extra jobs, though, Dragoon can be considered for support job, Level 20+ on MNK.

MNK20/DRG10: Jump, Attack Bonus.
                MNK30/DRG15: Able to use Wyvern Earring, and, er, Wyvern Mantle.

I'd imagine MNK/DRG becomes really nice at Lv.40, when you have access to Brown Belt (4%), Fuma Kyahan (3%), and Wyvern Earring (5%), for 12% Haste. (Only SAM/DRG who's able to use Hasso can exceed that at the same level, I think?)

MNK60/DRG30: Accuracy Bonus, High Jump.

MNK/DRG won't pump out the kind of big numbers as MNK/WAR's can with Berserk up, but angry monsters won't hit you for same kind of MP-sponging damage as they regularly do to MNK/WAR's with Berserk up, either.

I'd also say /NIN is perfectly fine Lv.24+ in some parties if you have a strong set up (gear and food wise), but most other people will say no to that. But, by Lv.74, people will generally be happy with MNK/NIN if not outright demanding it, so plan on leveling Ninja to 37 anyway.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

/DNC imo. seen couple vids of badass MNKs /DNC soloin! ^^

Comment

I enjoy MNK/NIN O.O
                    sigpic