Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MNK Soloing

Originally posted by Juriri View Post
    I've tried to get as far as I can without farming.
    You have... now it's time to farm... sorry to be the bearer of bad news. This game is cruel like that.... yet rewarding.

As I said, no money to buy Empress Pins, so on
    Rare/Ex version drops from Valkurm Emperor in the dunes ... it's got a decent drop rate comparatively.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
      You have... now it's time to farm... sorry to be the bearer of bad news. This game is cruel like that.... yet rewarding.

Rare/Ex version drops from Valkurm Emperor in the dunes ... it's got a decent drop rate comparatively.

Couldnt say it better myself, as you get higher in level, youre gonna need more money, lots of it, so get crackin. Makin your own money will in turn make you a much better player and will make you appreciate the gear you earn for yourself.
      Originally posted by Van Wilder
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I've tried to get as far as I can without farming. D:
        When you get to about lvl... 40 I'd say, you can farm tiger skins/teeth for a decent amount of money. The quest is called Tiger's Teeth, but the skins can sell for a decent profit on the AH as well depending on the server.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
        ... Some times you never get the drop though... I'm 0/35 on the damned thing...

and I'm even more on o-kotes...

Comment

Still. The Compound Eye Circlet is a decent piece if you can't afford anythinng better. And for the purposes of this thread - namely, a newbie monk who probably doesn't have the budget (nor ability to farm things like skins and fangs) for an Emp Pin, then a Compound Eye Circlet is a decent suggestion. :v

Comment

Seriously. If you are too lazy to farm then switch to BRD or RDM where nobody will give a toss if turn up naked nevermind gimped. At low levels there aren't many options open to you for gil making outside of fishing and farming.

Federation Headgear - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
            Federation Hachimaki - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
            Empress Hairpin - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
            Crow Beret - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

With the exception of the Crow Beret which will never cost any more than 20k all of the above gear is free, very easy to obtain or both.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Still. The Compound Eye Circlet is a decent piece if you can't afford anythinng better. And for the purposes of this thread - namely, a newbie monk who probably doesn't have the budget (nor ability to farm things like skins and fangs) for an Emp Pin, then a Compound Eye Circlet is a decent suggestion. :v
              Just level up a few more levels, and you wont have much issues farming. The more you level other jobs as well, the more you can use the same gear for another job at lower levels, and some times higher levels.

Comment

Working...
              X