MNK Soloing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNK Soloing

i have a 25 mnk on Kujata, and was wondering where the most effective place to solo would be...if you say valk...please specify a camp.

these are the subs i have availible....

18 war
    10 rdm
    8 whm

thats it...im pretty new.

thanks in advance

Re: MNK Soloing

It depends on whether you care about keeping your combat skills capped or not. If you want Easy Prey, which is safer, but won't let you keep up with combat skills, your Warrior sub should be fine. You could go practically anywhere in Valkurm or Buburimu, or fight worms in Korroloka Tunnel. Just make sure you check stuff first.

If you want to keep your skills capped, you need at least Even Match, and you're going to need to use one of your mage subs, which you should level up first so they're not gimped. You can find some Goblins and such in Valkurm or Buburimu that will do the trick, but you're probably better off going for worms in Qufim (Make sure you bring Echo Drops in case you get silenced).
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

awesome, thanks for the reply, i guess ill go ahead and lvl my whm to 15...since im going to be unlocking smn once i hit 30...(got my ruby 2 days ago)

ill try out qufim with whm sub.

thanks again

Comment

I should mention I haven't actually done MNK/Mage myself, but the theory's there. It might be slow going, and I'd strongly recommend you bring meat or defense food, and some juices and regen drinks (even cheap Selbina milk) for at least the first run to see how you do.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Well, if you mnk/whm or mnk/rdm at low levels, each Cure (8 MP) returns around 30 HP (would be lower, because of skill cap). Personally I had done that mnk/rdm at level 20 when I was new to this game. mnk/whm or mnk/rdm solo is okay until Cure alone cannot stop the bleeding.
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I've been /DNC, on monk and the 5-9 hp return per punch w. Drain Samba I --up allows me to solo pretty efficiently on Monk. I've soloed from 1-22 so far without a single party invite. This whole level sync is starting to urk me because people stick to friends and high level linkshell buddys to party with. Just a pain to get invited these days it seems and I'm not one to organize a party and keep having to look and wait for replacements whenever someone leave. So who knows, I get curing waltz at lvl 30 w. dancer sub. That should make life alot easier. I have H2H already capped out from lvling puppetmaster up, so I mainly stick to 90xp DC - 100xp EM mobs for efficient leveling. I tackle toughs only with full TP and full health.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
              (Make sure you bring Echo Drops in case you get silenced).
              Silence does little to nothing to a monk, you forget, and being 25, and subbing 8 WHM, would be ridiculous.
              Back when I was your age - I mean, level - I believe I was dicking around in Qufim. At 30, you can start to take on Gigas, but I suggest doing everything you can to raise your Guard, Evasion, and Parrying. They don't seem to do much now, but if you keep on top of it, you'll barely be hit later on in your levels. And it's easy to fall behind in, too.

When not working on skilling up your Guard/Evasion/Parry, I'd suggest loading up on as much AGI+ and Eva+ gear as you can. The Compound Eye Circlet is an amazing piece of level 10 gear that I don't think I've taken off since I got it. I'm level 49 and am still wearing it (given, I'm also dirt poor, but that's moot.)

Comment

You still need Echo Drops if you go /NIN
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Juriri View Post
                  The Compound Eye Circlet is an amazing piece of level 10 gear that I don't think I've taken off since I got it. I'm level 49 and am still wearing it (given, I'm also dirt poor, but that's moot.)
                  You should be wearing a different head piece...
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I would try and get level 30 ASAP and get DNC for the sub if you can. You will need to unlock Ninja as well to level up DNC as not many people want a non /nin dnc in a party. You can level up Dnc with Mnk as sub, or just as Dnc/War, but it can be a bit slow/hard.

Once you get Dnc, you can level it up, and solo a lot easier. Valkurm Dunes is a god place to solo on crabs until you get like 27 or so when you can destroy worms in qufim.

Comment

When I wonder where I should solo a job I go to Wiki and search "Field Manual" ... this lists where they are and gives specifics on what mobs you need to complete the training. It's really good to get a frame of reference.

I don't have access to wiki at work but I would look into Pashow Marshlands I think at around 25'ish. Though some of those mobs can munch you in nothing flat. Jugner maybe... idk... I actually love partying in Kazham. Kazham keys may seem like a {Bio}tch but you'll need access out there anyway for a multitude of things.
                      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                        You should be wearing a different head piece...
                        What would you suggest? Keep in mind, I have a very restricted budget, and solo everything - missions, quests, EXP, so anything granted by BCNMs, NMs, over 20k is out of the question. :v
                        I like my Eva+5.

Comment

@ Juriri, I suggest you go farm then. You will need to get a lot of money shortly if you wish to have good gear.

If you like to Solo, focus on head pieces that give eva and Def bonuses. If you party, get Dex, and Str bonus (And possibly ACC+ if you can afford.)

Comment

Juriri, some of this is good ...some of this is outdated but it's still the best of its kind that I've found.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...ing-guide.html

Mnk can use Empress Pin, right? ... sorry at work and no access to most anything.
                            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

As I said, no money to buy Empress Pins, so on.
                              And my Circlet has served me well.
                              I've tried to get as far as I can without farming. D:

Thank you for the guide, though. o 0o This will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X