• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Effen's Monk FAQ 1.06

good guide... very enlightening

Comment

This is the guide I walk by lol good job man. Except I can't find the Ryl FTM Cesti you sure it isn't the Ryl Arc Cesti?

Anything and Everything...It's Got To Be Fluff!!!

Blog of A Monk with no Goals or Ambitions...

Liruc (Main) MNK/WAR | Jizzum WHM (Mule/Plaything)

Comment

Great post. i used parts of this and another guide to supplement my monk. This is actually my second monk on the way to 75. the first one i had to quit my account so it got deleted. Totally agree with everything but at lvl 56 i think i went to cape to fight raptors, crabs, and pugs and fought raptors in VoS at 58 wit sushi b4 xmas and the prices on erything skyrocketed. For all lvl 50-60 monks yes the lvl 50 range is tough and no matter how much u want to dont buy gil i know its tempting. good luck and good job effen
        MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

i have to say thanks for this guide as i am a MNK at level 41 cant wait til 42 to use my AF1 but as in your guide nothing is said about H2H AF so not so sure to use them now and i already know much of what i need to get but you made it so much clearer than most and ya gotta love all that farming too /laugh /cry and hope soon my LS will be helping me with the Brown belt quest i so want that belt /drool

Comment

Originally posted by squall82
            i have to say thanks for this guide as i am a MNK at level 41 cant wait til 42 to use my AF1 but as in your guide nothing is said about H2H AF so not so sure to use them now and i already know much of what i need to get but you made it so much clearer than most and ya gotta love all that farming too /laugh /cry and hope soon my LS will be helping me with the Brown belt quest i so want that belt /drool
            beat cesti's are nigh worthless. go with tourney patas at 40 until Patas at 48

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
              beat cesti's are nigh worthless. go with tourney patas at 40 until Patas at 48
              Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
              62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
              Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
              Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
              My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

I had to laugh at that one
                Quotes

Comment

I did the same thing with the beat cesti. Same with BLM and RNG AF1. They're terrible.
                  Generic Info!

Comment

I love this guide. It answered a lot of my questions that I had about being a Monk, but it did spark another one about your Macros.

The Boost one, are you able to use that macro AND use WS while it is active, or does the WS deactive the macro?

In all, this guide helps me prep my Monk for play later.

EDIT:// And I didnt realize that it resurected this thread. My mistake...sorry.

Comment

This guide is ancient; it was written at a time when the game was very different from what it is today and many game mechanics were poorly understood. Some parts of it will still be relevant, but most of it won't be.

To answer your question, you can't use a WS macro if you're relying on the {/ja Boost <me>; /wait 16; /ja Boost <me>; /wait 16; /ja Boost <me>} macro. Using a macro always interrupts any previous macros that were still running, so you won't get the next Boost if you use a WS macro or any other kind of macro while your Boost macro is running.

Comment

Yeah, I realized that after I made my post. Even though this thread is old as dirt, it still has very good information on it that I can still use.

And thanks about the macro deal. I never used them before, in any online game, and thought that the Boost one was good to use...and it is. Helps me drop mobs a bit faster than without.

Comment

Working...
                        X