Atmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmas

For pure damage, what would be the best atmas to get? +50 dex and +50 str? Just curious on which ones other dragoons use so i know which to look out for. thank you as always.

Re: Atmas

Veracious Violet and Razed Ruins are the basics for any melee, I think.
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Sanguine Scythe, Gnarled Horn, Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet are the ones I use most often (not on DRG... but just as DD).

It ultimately depends on the WS you plan to use the most for DD and the stat modifiers that effect it's damage.

SS increases HP and Crit Hit Damage... GH increases AGI and Crit Hit rate... RR Increases DEX and Crit Hit Rate and Cirt Hit Damage... VV increases STR and gives you +2/tic Regain as well as a Double Attack %.

Currently, if I'm playing DD on NIN... I pick RR, VV and SS. I only see a little bit of a difference if I switch out SS for GH... but given that RR gives me +Crit chance% already, I like to opt for the additional Crit Damage+ and HP mods on SS.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I generally use Razed Ruin/Gnarled Horn/Apoc for Nin. I’ll swap out Apoc though if I need something else (+element resistance, evasion…etc).
        -Apoc offers some high Triple attack. So TP building is pretty easy. The insta-magic is sometimes annoying though. Insta reraise is always nice too.
        -I think Gnarled horn has a small chance to counter on top of the AGI (eva boost) and Crit Rate.
        -RR is great for raising Crit rate/dmg.

Razed Ruin should always be a given imo.

Another great one actually is Atma of the Alpha & Omega if you’re fortunate enough to get it. High Attack and high triple attack. and if you get most or al of the Merit abyssites, you dont notice the -HPs that much
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Great information guys, thank you very much for that. Now the only problem is gonna be actually getting these atmas haha.

Comment

Gnarled Horn might not be too bad. I haven’t been to Aby-Mis in a while but iirc people do sobek pretty often. Pretty sure if you just ask for help with the Atma only, they will be willing to let you in.

For Voracious Violet, not sure what jobs you have or how helpful your LS/friends are, but all the KIs to pop the EE-Malbro can be earned from gold boxex. If you have a whm and someone with access to Aeolian Edge, you can kill fungars for Amberlights (or just kill some roaming Garudas amber style). I one time spent about 3 hours there trying to get a refresh hairpin and all 3 of us in the group left with full pop sets. At that point is just a matter of killing the NM. Simple shout in jeuno should get you enough people. And the NM isn’t entirely that difficult.

Sanguine Scythe might be a little more difficult. The KIs are also gold box farmable now though if you want to avoid the mini NMs. The vampire is pretty easy to kill. The other 2 NMs I only fought once or twice and they did not go well. Again if you got a few people to help you out, gold box farming might be better.

Razed Ruin is probably the most annoying (imo). I’m sure you’ll get plenty of help on the NM in a PUG and I don’t think he’s that hard to pop/kill…its just the actual proc’ing red on him can be annoying as hell. Every swing he does is like a TP move so you gotta WS when he’s standing there.

Another decent easy to get one that will hold you off is Atma of the Stout Arm I think. It’s from the Gigas in LTP and peeps kill that guy left and right so again, can probably just ask to sneak in for atma
            99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
            -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
            -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
              Gnarled Horn might not be too bad. I haven’t been to Aby-Mis in a while but iirc people do sobek pretty often. Pretty sure if you just ask for help with the Atma only, they will be willing to let you in.

For Voracious Violet, not sure what jobs you have or how helpful your LS/friends are, but all the KIs to pop the EE-Malbro can be earned from gold boxex. If you have a whm and someone with access to Aeolian Edge, you can kill fungars for Amberlights (or just kill some roaming Garudas amber style). I one time spent about 3 hours there trying to get a refresh hairpin and all 3 of us in the group left with full pop sets. At that point is just a matter of killing the NM. Simple shout in jeuno should get you enough people. And the NM isn’t entirely that difficult.

Sanguine Scythe might be a little more difficult. The KIs are also gold box farmable now though if you want to avoid the mini NMs. The vampire is pretty easy to kill. The other 2 NMs I only fought once or twice and they did not go well. Again if you got a few people to help you out, gold box farming might be better.

Razed Ruin is probably the most annoying (imo). I’m sure you’ll get plenty of help on the NM in a PUG and I don’t think he’s that hard to pop/kill…its just the actual proc’ing red on him can be annoying as hell. Every swing he does is like a TP move so you gotta WS when he’s standing there.

Another decent easy to get one that will hold you off is Atma of the Stout Arm I think. It’s from the Gigas in LTP and peeps kill that guy left and right so again, can probably just ask to sneak in for atma

Wow thank you for taking the time to put this together, this was actually really really helpful for me, i wanna give you a high five!

Comment

He's a taru, it wouldn't be that high...
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
                  Veracious Violet and Razed Ruins are the basics for any melee, I think.
                  These are the only two I use as NIN and THF (as I only have access to two Atmas).

Comment

I tend to use those two if I know the people I am with. For exp parties, I tend to throw in Mounted Champ as well for the 20/tic regen. I don't trust people in PUG.
                    99 DNC
                    99 WHM
                    99 WAR
                    * 99 THF
                    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                    X