Weapon Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Choices

As a newly leveled DRG, i am curious as to what would be the best weapon choices at max level, i know the obvious would be emprean and relic, but are there any decent dropped ones? thank you for your inputs.

Re: Weapon Choices

If the empyrean and/or relic are unattainable for the time being, the best option would be one of the other Magian polearms. A Dragoon in my LS makes good use of the Store TP Stingray. As far as dropped ones, I'm not sure. A quick search on AH for DPS shows that the Draconis Lance has good DPS as does the Drachnestich.
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Strictly speaking, for the specific case of Dragoon, the Mythic is generally considered a superior weapon to the Polearm Relic or Empyrean. It's also about 10 times as difficult to obtain . . .

So, yeah, what Squiggs said.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Thanks for the tips, how many hours you think it takes per trial to get those done? I'm at work and cant go on ffxiclopedia atm. Also, DRG section of the forums needs some love.. just sayin...

Comment

Depends which one you do. If you do the elemental trials it can go fast if the weather is present. If you are doing a physical trial then it depends how fast you can pop off 800 or so weapon skills. Empyreans take more time because of NM spawns and item collection in Abyssea.
          99 DNC
          99 WHM
          99 WAR
          * 99 THF
          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Vougier's Contus - FFXIAH.com
            ^ That one's supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't bothered. I much prefer the Store TP Stingray for a lazy 6-hit build and possibly a more flexible 5-hit in the future. It's gonna take you a while to build it. I got to the cockatrice trial and just put it down so I'm not even finished yet.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Yea i was looking at the trials last night and started my stingray, got about 40 leg sweeps left until the first trial is done. these trials shouldnt be too bad, just time consuming...

Comment

If I remember correctly the Occ. Attacks Twice magian polearm is second only to the Mythic if you have Drakesbane. That may have changed though with the level cap increase.
                sigpic

Comment

There's one dropped by a timed spawn Gargoyle NM in Uleg range that seems highly coveted. I dont remember the name of the polearm or the NM though. It should be easy enough to look up with those parameters.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    There's one dropped by a timed spawn Gargoyle NM in Uleg range that seems highly coveted. I dont remember the name of the polearm or the NM though. It should be easy enough to look up with those parameters.
                    You mean the one I linked?
                    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                    Name: Drjones
                    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Websense is a bitch, my friend.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I'm on my second trial going for the store TP magian polearm right now, as soon as thats done i may try for the occ. attacks twice one, that one sounds nice.. I really need to start doing nyzul isle so i can get to floor 100, how long would it take with a full party that can do it a few times per week?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipster View Post
                          how long would it take with a full party that can do it a few times per week?
                          The mobs can be steamrolled by just about anyone at cap. Lamp floors are still a bitch though.
                          99 DNC
                          99 WHM
                          99 WAR
                          * 99 THF
                          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Nice to know, and i remember lamps sucking big time. although i think i've only been to like floor 30 or something like that in the past. i remember always running out of time on the bosses which sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipster View Post
                              Yea i was looking at the trials last night and started my stingray, got about 40 leg sweeps left until the first trial is done. these trials shouldnt be too bad, just time consuming...
                              Can be time-consuming, yes. But one thing I do is, when I'm not in a "too serious ls event", I equip a Trial weapon and do the necessary weaponskills without really counting or paying attention to the log for it until I'm in the double-digit remaining.

Besides, no one will really pay attention that you're spamming Blade: To, Leg Sweep, or TachiL Goten lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X