ACC vs Attack/STR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACC vs Attack/STR?

Back when I was meriting drk and Drg, everyone was telling me I needed to be focusing on Accuracy and that's what I did. My average penta in meripos was 900-1.2k and my average guilo was 800-1k. In most of my meripos, I noticed other DRG's and DRK's were hitting substantially higher than me and when I checked their gear, it was more focused towards attack and STR.

After a while, I developed a gear set more centered around attack and STR (Of course not abandoning accuracy, just replacing some replacing pieces that were all accuracy, like O-hat, woods rings, etc.) and from then on my average guillotine was 1.1k-1.2k and my average penta was 1.1-1.4k.

Now every guide I look up about this people are constantly saying accuracy accuracy accuracy but everytime I tested my WS damage on multi hit weaponskills focusing on attack/str only increased the numbers I was getting.

Of course I still had my haste/accuracy setup so this does not apply to tp build, only weaponskill

Re: ACC vs Attack/STR?

Did you parse? Casual observation can be misleading. Stocking up on STR/Attack is naturally going to raise your max damage, but it's the average that counts. And what did you test it on? How much Acc you need depends on what you're fighting.

Comment

It all depends on whether or not you want to enslave yourself to the numbers.

If you do then a parser is a must, since you wont get an objective assessment otherwise.

What I usually did in practice though was simply having a good ACC set and a good (well as good as a broke RDM without a LS could get at least) STR/Att set.

Then just focused on adding Acc first until I didn't notice many misses, then went Att/STR for the rest. This gave me the best results by far since I was not sacrifing acc for att nor viceversa, but it was sort of a chore at first, since I had to modify my gear macros accordingly while building my sets.

So... long story short, get both sets.

PS > And a parser if you really want solid data to back up your choices. But if you don't want to bother with all that crap just go Acc and get astr/acc on the slots you can't get a good Acc piece for.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I did parse and while I don't remember the exact numbers, my numbers with the att/str set was alot higher than my numbers with the ACC set. These were both parties without bards against Greater Colibris

Comment

Maybe you had excess Acc (more accuracy than needed to have 95% hit rate.) What food were you using?

Comment

I generally eat sole sushi.

Back then I was not familiarized with there being an accuracy cap, the only cap I was aware of was the haste cap so I'm not sure whether or not I was over the cap, but that may have something to do with it.

Comment

Basically, accuracy is THE most important stat for multi-hit weapon skills until you are at the cap. Once you hit that cap you should start focusing on attack.

You were probably stacking way more accuracy than you needed to hit the cap, so by switching some gear out you increased your damage without losing any accuracy. Eating sushi was probably not doing much for you at that point.

If your accuracy from gear is enough to hit the cap or get really close to it, you should eat meat instead for the attack boost.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                Basically, accuracy is THE most important stat for multi-hit weapon skills until you are at the cap. Once you hit that cap you should start focusing on attack.
                I thought the stat modifiers on the weapon skill gave a greater boost to damage output than stacking attack. Now I'm all mixed up.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

You might be right. I honestly don't even play any more, but I'm pretty sure the basic principle remains the same: landing all the hits of the WS is the most important part. After you have that covered, focus on whatever stat will give you the most damage output.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Working...
                  X