Questions from a new DRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from a new DRG

I recently unlocked DRG, which i've been very anxious to do. I love the job, but have a few questions.

Will i have trouble finding exp parties in the higher level range? Will i be in level sync or soloing mostly to 75?

And will i be able to get any endgame action? Or will i spend most of my time finding a LS that will even let me participate, let alone lot for drops etc.?

I have no intention of quitting the class, just wanted to know what i was in for down the road.

Thanks in advance

Re: Questions from a new DRG

Drg in merits is good at bird camp.
    Invites are steady imo.
    You'll be a solid dd (I say like a war) in endgame.
    Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

I had a really easy time getting invites after colibri levels, about 55+

not really sure about endgame needs since I have a couple other jobs I use, but I don't see why you wouldn't be welcome to a group that needs DD. A lot of the fear of drg being an inferior damage class is gone from the community.

Comment

Welcome to the club of dedicated Dragoons *shouts from background* "All hail Kain"

....eerrr anyway ;p Yeah 55+ your invites will be nice, due to fighting birds and you will poke those good. Endgame you are a very decent DD, and very flexable inboth endgame and merit PTs

subjobs for DRG:
        WAR (DD with alittle hate control)
        SAM (pure DD)
        NIN (you wont be dual wielding, its really just for shadows)
        DNC (extra healing and support)
        SCH (great mage sub due to its abilities)
        BLU (best choice for healing breath, and some spells based on stats)

Dragoon is fun, but can get a little rough (ignore the Dragoon haters)

and most of all, have fun ;p
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
          subjobs for DRG:
          WAR (DD with alittle hate control)
          SAM (pure DD)
          NIN (you wont be dual wielding, its really just for shadows)
          DNC (extra healing and support)
          SCH (great mage sub due to its abilities)
          BLU (best choice for healing breath, and some spells based on stats)
          Umm.... /SAM adds only to DD ability?
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
            Umm.... /SAM adds only to DD ability?
            what I mean is, its the main roll you play when subbing that job

Comment

what I mean is, its the main roll you play when subbing that job
              When is DRG not doing damage?

Also RDM sub is by far the best for merit parties, provided you have a great set up you can pretty well keep people alive with barspells to trigger heal breaths.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                When is DRG not doing damage?

Also RDM sub is by far the best for merit parties, provided you have a great set up you can pretty well keep people alive with barspells to trigger heal breaths.
                no that would be /BLU or /SCH

/BLU lets you get it out fast, with stuff like footkick and suck, and /SCH never really runs out of MP.

and yes DRG is DDing about 90% of the time, but depending on the sub, the DRG will be doing many other things.

Comment

The only Drg with a mage that I have seen in a party was /blu, and that was when we where having healing issues, (on Colobri) the whm, and rdm where always tight with Mp for some reaosn (It was like 6 months ago though), and they kept having to rest, and when they did, the Drg did the healing for the party. AoE heal+ Healing Breath kept the party alive long enough for the mages to get Mp back, and start healing again. He was even out damaging the Sam (Me), and I was using food and he wasnt! XD

But before lvl 55, you might have issues getting a party, unless its the garlage citadel levels, and the Kazham levels. When you are going against anything that is weak to piecing, they are a good DD.

Comment

/BLU lets you get it out fast, with stuff like footkick and suck, and /SCH never really runs out of MP.
                    Nope, RDM. barspells are better as they're fast and you got 6 of them to cycle and won't feed the colibri tp. As for MP, a single refresh from the RDM should be enough.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Nope, RDM. barspells are better as they're fast and you got 6 of them to cycle and won't feed the colibri tp. As for MP, a single refresh from the RDM should be enough.
                      I have played this job for a long time, and have "messed around" alot, /RDM is old and /BLU and /SCH get the job done better. Besides you wont always have a RDM in your PT< and even when I go /mage I never ask the RDM for a refresh, if he gives me one thats cool though ^.^

Comment

I haven't been playing DRG as long as Kail has but I must say /BLU or /SCH is the way to go, or at least I think so. I've been doing /BLU once I got it to 37 and I can tell you it's a lot easier trying to 1 on 1 kill 4 mobs (that are DC to a 75) with /BLU than it is /RDM. Yes RDM has Stoneskin and all that good stuff but the casting times for both spells are too long if your in the situation described above. Cocoon is a godsend, I've gotten my def up to 400, and it helps so much better.

Besides if Gaiden was chain killing VT Aura Statues (VT to a 75) as easy as a DRK killing yags in Giddeus for necklaces with /BLU and not /RDM, I'm pretty sure he done the research because as far as I'm concerned, he's the best DRG I ever seen, unless there are better drgs out there that likes to keep their awesomeness to themselves lol.

Personally if you got your AF Helm I would never sub DNC for healing... others may disagree but I've done a hell of a lot better with /blu than dnc, in Campaign Battles, Besieged, blah blah blah.

Party Invites got slow for me once I hit 75 >.> don't know how or why that happened, I rarely get an invite to a meripo and when I do I always get kicked for either a friend who was afk and now is back, or a SAM (who someone in the pt said oh hey that guy is way better, I've pt with him before).
                        Last edited by odjnlinus; 08-29-2009, 08:44 PM.
                        sigpic
                        ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Originally posted by odjnlinus View Post
                          Party Invites got slow for me once I hit 75 >.> don't know how or why that happened, I rarely get an invite to a meripo and when I do I always get kicked for either a friend who was afk and now is back, or a SAM (who someone in the pt said oh hey that guy is way better, I've pt with him before).
                          Go make a Meripo in East Ron [S]. The bugs and Colibri are weak just like they are in Aght Urgan, and they are at lvl 35(?), and you get fast kills, and can get a fairly high chain on them with enough Drgs or sams.

Comment

Originally posted by odjnlinus View Post
                            If you're constantly get kicked out of merit parties for one reason or another, I'll have to be suspicious and ask if you are attentive while fighting--you're not that guy who always takes 15 seconds to engage the critter or hold TP until 250%, right? Also, what do your WS set and TP set look like?

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                            Go make a Meripo in East Ron [s]. The bugs and Colibri are weak just like they are in Aght Urgan, and they are at lvl 35(?), and you get fast kills, and can get a fairly high chain on them with enough Drgs or sams.
                            ... Have you seen a smooth operating merit party before? Or, any merit party, period? Comparing a typical East Ronfaure (S) party fighting Colibri with a typical, chain 100+ Bhaflau Thickets party fighting Greater Colibri is just ridiculous.
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                              ... Have you seen a smooth operating merit party before? Or, any merit party, period? Comparing a typical East Ronfaure (S) party fighting Colibri with a typical, chain 100+ Bhaflau Thickets party fighting Greater Colibri is just ridiculous.
                              I have seen a few. I was just saying that he could make his own party there though. Its fairly fast exp as well. Not as fast as a Meripo, but still fast. If you can't get a Merit party, then do the next best thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X