Solo DRG Gear Critique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo DRG Gear Critique?

Might I suggest Power Attack and Sprout Smack as your two HB trigger spells?

Foot Kick has always seemed to leave you in the spell casting animation for awhile, much like Bludgeon does. While it might be a placebo effect, I'd swear that being locked in the spell casting animation slows down your melee swings. At the very least you can't move if you need to.

Oh, and don't forget that you can also pick up FoV Protect, which as I recall scales up to the level appropriate version (Protect I/II/III/etc) depending on your level.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I'll give it a shot. I haven't had any animation lock issues yet, but maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention?

Comment

I never get locked in that because I swap in my af legs and helm.
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Vyuru, I think the problem is, you are still attacking pretty much exactly when you should, the problem is you don't see the attack while you're in the middle of the spell animation, and I know in some cases the damage from said attack won't even appear in the chat log!

So, yeah, maybe placebo.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

If it bugs you that much just make a macro to blink out the animation. Note that Head Butt can be exploited like this for certain mobs. Mob's at 26%, Head Butt it below 25 while blinking the animation, immediately run. Works well for things like gobs where you've already gotten a head start on running away from bomb toss. Also works for avoiding Weeper's Memory of Element.
            Last edited by Armando; 05-07-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Ok, I actually put my flag up today, got a party invite that took me from 38-43 (COR/WHM/BRD/RDM/DRGx2) on Colibri in East Ronfaure [s]. Was pretty cool. The healers were saying that as awesome as it was that I had a WS set as well as a TP set, that I was going to get myself killed with all the swapping. So I didn't do it as much, but definitely saw my performance suffer.

I just purchased myself a Valkyrie's Mask, Tilt Belt, and Woodsman Ring. Should I keep my Obelisk Lance for the STR, or just use my AF Weapon? I have ugly Brigandine ready for me when I hit 45, but is there anything else essential that I should look into getting?

Comment

FFXIAH's Power Search is telling me you should be using Behourd Lance.
                Originally posted by Malacite
                I can't get this to work for the life of me, I don't know why ; ;
                Missed this post. What exactly do you mean when you say you can't get it to work?

Comment

Ugh, sorry. I am using Behourd. I have been so used to Obelisk that I forgot that I'd upgraded. It was a pretty fast party.

Comment

Working...
                  X