Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drg/ Subjob

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
    If you're going to to Blue Mage all the way, and do it well, (or really any job that uses mp), you should learn to cook and make juices while you level. Lots of low-level BLUs will blow their whole mp bar on one mob and then sit as said above.
    QFT

Juices are epic. I leveled cooking to 63, and I started making Melon Juice since its pretty cheap to make and the ingredients take up only a few slots. I'll be extremely glad when I can use my Mog Satchel so I can lug around moar Juice and Echo Drops ingredients for fun. Juice is extremely helpful when soloing and also helpful when the RDM misses you in the refresh cycle in parties. But as it was said earlier, you need good MP management so you can DD evenly.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

After reviewing with some of my static party members, I have found out that I believe 2 of them will be going blu, having another one would be bad I think. So I'm deciding whether or not to continue with my Drg or use my Drk. Only thing is we have another Drk as well, which seems like a fun class due to the black magic. The only other job that might have what I want, might be a pld tank. Any ideas?

Ugh only if Drg were more than WS/Autoattack/Jumps

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

All DD jobs are like that though. You want a challenging job go for a tank job like PLD. That'll keep you on your toes ^^
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by sp4rk View Post
          After reviewing with some of my static party members, I have found out that I believe 2 of them will be going blu, having another one would be bad I think. So I'm deciding whether or not to continue with my Drg or use my Drk. Only thing is we have another Drk as well, which seems like a fun class due to the black magic. The only other job that might have what I want, might be a pld tank. Any ideas?

Ugh only if Drg were more than WS/Autoattack/Jumps
          Seriously, the black magic DRK gets isn't so amazing you'll actually be using it often. Your nukes are too weak to bother spending the MP on even if it magic bursts and your MP pool is so piddly for a long time you will only be able to cast a few spells before running dry, and aside from that casting resets your swing time so casting too often will destroy your DPS. Until 37 the only magic you will be using semi often is Drain and Aspir, and they both have reuse times similar to Jump. You wont be using a lot of magic until you get Stun and some Absorb spells.

Don't be mislead by the fact that they have some black magic. DRK is first and foremost a melee DD and isn't going to play much differently from DRG for a long time.

Did you play WoW? You are expecting way too much out of combat in FFXI. If you played WoW and you are expecting to find some melee job you can play that will be similar to any job in WoW you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I can tell you now no matter what level you get any job in this game to it will never be as fast paced as WoW. I'm not saying this is a bad thing and I am not trying to insult you personally, but they are very different games and you shouldn't bring your expectations of one into the other.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

I did come from WoW and actually have always played this game, but never really had the friends who were willing to play it with. Wow was way to easy and simple that I had to play somethign that challenged me in which this game has and still is. Just the fact that so many classes thigns I would liek to do is thign I really liek about this game, even thoguh I am probably annoying the hell out of you guys becasue of it haha. But once again, I sat down with wiki last night and found out that I might play Drg/Thf for the sheer fact of being able to control the agro in my group. We do have a younger player who likes to just go all out and usually pulls agro and dies because of it, with me as that setup, I can stop that from happening. Besides that, I liek the damage you can still pull out with thf sub while having some of the benefits as flee/gil finder/treasure hunter/and being able to actually do something other than autoattack/WS

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

DRK spends most of its MP on the following spells:

Drain
              Aspir
              Absorb-X
              Stun

but you will cast them with good frequency and you have the ability to assist with camp control with your Sleep spells. I wouldn't say that it's more "active" than Dragoon, though.

Activity isn't really based on your job per se it's based on party role. Tank, Healer, and Support roles are more active than DD in general. If you want more activity in a DD job, try a Puller job like THF or RNG.

Comment

Working...
              X