Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elemental Gorgets vs Cchain and Love Torque

Another X vs Y thread!

Now that we have Sea access, there is some talk of farming up organs for the elemental gorgets.

Currently I use a Chivalrous Chain for my neck piece.

Now as I understand it, the gorgets will add a little bit of damage, and a decent amount of accuracy to WS.

I would like to get a Love Torque at some later unknown date, and a Fortitude Torque while I'm at it.

Would it be a good idea to spend some time getting the elemental torques? Or should I just keep my CChain, and spend my time either helping them farm (hey, free merits)/improving myself so that I can get to working on getting the Love/Fortitude Torques?

Hmm, something I hadn't thought of is that perhaps I want to look into getting the elemental obi for Sch.

Hmm, decisions decisions, and I don't know what to do!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Elemental Gorgets vs Cchain and Love Torque

Get the gorgets for the weapon skills you use the most. I don't know what all the modifiers for each are, but I'm sure the wiki knows. CK just got his DRK to 75 and he's been working on gorgets for Guillotine and Cross Reaper (I think!!!!). Got torques also for TPing, on the mobs where you really need the weapon accuracy, TP in the torque, if you don't need the weapon accuracy (think Dynamis or merits, perhaps?) stick with Chiv.

All shit is situational regardless, but you'll want to work on some of these neck pieces. I wouldn't go all out getting every gorget if you only use 2 WS, but should maybe look at getting a few of them.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

For Dragoon, if you go for an Elemental Gorget, remember that they don't play nicely with multi-hit WS. The TP boost function only works on the first hit.

The Elemental Gorget of choice for DRG is the 2-Yovra Light Gorget which is used with Wheeling Thrust to which it will give a lovely +0.1 TP multiplier bonus (which is equivalent to a 10% increase in the overall damage of the WS). The Light Gorget will outperform Chiv Chain on Wheeling Thrust, guaranteed. It's the best thing you can possibly wear for WT on a neck slot.

Impulse Drive and Penta Thrust are affected by the Shadow Gorget which is also a 2-Yovra gorget. Impulse Drive is a 2-hit WS which means that it will only see a 5% damage boost from the gorget, and Penta Thrust is a 5-hit WS which will get a 2% damage boost. These boosts (especially with Penta) may not be worth the Inventory -1 over Chiv Chain's Accuracy & Strength.

Don't forget about:

Relaxing Earring

There was a big discussion regarding it once. It's a very nice little boost.

Of course, a Rairin Obi and Thunderstorm spell gives you 10% damage boost on your Thunder nukes which might work extremely nicely with Ionohelix as well.

You can also get this guy from farming Ix'Aern:

Merciful Cape - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

And of course, as you mentioned,

Love Torque is a DRG dream for when you're not doing Wheeling Thrust and you want to increase accuracy. Versus lesser mobs you might want to go with something that gives +STR instead like Kubira Bead Necklace from Einherjar or, if you should trip over one while walking through Sea, a Justice Torque which I wouldn't really go out of my way to get because some SAM or or DRK will throttle you in your sleep and take it. Love Torque will outperform Chiv. Chain unless you're capping accuracy and Shadow Gorget too during Penta Thrust, but I wouldn't bet on it beating the whole 5% boost Shadow Gorget gets on Impulse Drive. You would, of course, never wear it during Wheeling Thrust if you had a Light Gorget unless somehow you were missing a lot which would be bordering on absurd for a meritted DRG, and if you were missing, you should probably just fix the whole problem by subbing THF and using Sneak Attack.

The unfortunate Love Halberd is disappointing unless you're doing DRG/DRK Souleater Zerging. I don't know offhand what the relative zerg output is though--your mileage may vary, but if you're looking for a Love Torque, you'll probably get a Love Halberd to go with it since they are 100% drop and the torque is definitely not. You can also pick up a lovely Novio Earring from JoL too for your SCH and virtually any other Sea item in the process as questing JoL requires that you do everything else in sea as well--I doubt that you'll be short on organs with a JoL-fighting end-game shell.
      Last edited by Sabaron; 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else's luck with JOL and the Love Torque but since sea was put in the game, I've seen 3 torques drop in all the times we've done JOL. You are going to be spending a LOT of time farming for that pop so hopefully you'll get everything you want. LOL
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post

Don't forget about:

Relaxing Earring

There was a big discussion regarding it once. It's a very nice little boost.
          Please explain, or was there an error here?
          [LadyKiKi]
          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

TP in the torque, if you don't need the weapon accuracy (think Dynamis or merits, perhaps?) stick with Chiv.
            Granted, my understanding of some of the DD formulas isn't that great. But wouldn't the +polearm skill from the Love Torque outweigh the CChain for TP or the benefits of the elemental gorgets on WS?

The TP boost function only works on the first hit.
            Does the accuracy boost work only on the first hit as well then?

I'm already planning on snagging a Relaxing Earring, that'll be nice for resting any mage job.

As I understand it, elemental DD spells work in tiers, with the last one you gain for a specific tier being the most powerfull. So thunder spells will be the most powerfull for a specific tier. Should I get any of the other elemental obi or just get the thunder obi? I ask because my Sch isn't that high just yet, and I don't have a full understanding of just what it is I should be looking for exactly in endgame gear for it, not like I do for Drg at anyrate.

You would, of course, never wear it during Wheeling Thrust if you had a Light Gorget unless somehow you were missing a lot which would be bordering on absurd for a meritted DRG, and if you were missing, you should probably just fix the whole problem by subbing THF and using Sneak Attack.
            Hmm, brings up the question if I'm using Wheeling Thrust, then would I be /thf anyway to maximize the damage? Generally speaking, I only use Wheeling Thrust for SC purposes. It's been awhile since I've wanted to use it instead of Penta/Skewer due to mobs with high defense.

I don't know about anyone else's luck with JOL and the Love Torque but since sea was put in the game, I've seen 3 torques drop in all the times we've done JOL. You are going to be spending a LOT of time farming for that pop so hopefully you'll get everything you want. LOL
            Well, I'll just save this one for last then and get the rest of my gear first It's also an answer to a question I've been having, just what do I do once I get all this awesome gear? Sea, with the exception of AV, kinda interests me, I'm having a ton of fun just running around and watching the mobs, I think I'd have fun here.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
              Sea, with the exception of AV, kinda interests me, I'm having a ton of fun just running around and watching the mobs, I think I'd have fun here.
              You know I loved sea at first too.......but then it got old fast. First off on the inside every room looks like every other room. Its just a monotonous wave of white rooms after white rooms. For me it got confusing to find my way around.

Then popping some of the mobs. You go in a room that has a ??? and you think YAY!! Then you stay there for a while killing mobs...same mob...one after another..... And what happens? The ??? disappears. /sigh So then you send out scouts to find out where it has repopped at. (Hopefully they know stuff and don't get killed.) Then when its found everyone hustles off through this maze of white rooms avoiding aggro, which someone always gets, to get to the ??? Rinse and repeat that for hours on end and it gets old fast. Or killing mobs, the same ones, over and over and over and over hoping that a mob spawns and do that day in and day out for a week until it finally does. Or farm chips over and over and over and over.....

Yep sea gets old fast for some stuff. Other things like popping jailers is a hell of a lot of fun but getting to that point sucks monkey balls.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
                Please explain, or was there an error here?
                I don't understand... I was recommending Relaxing Earring for Vyuru's SCH.

Granted, my understanding of some of the DD formulas isn't that great. But wouldn't the +polearm skill from the Love Torque outweigh the CChain for TP or the benefits of the elemental gorgets on WS?
                In instances where your Accuracy is already capped without the torque (roughly 95%), Love Torque won't do anything for your DPS. Chivalrous Chain, however, has STR+3 on it which is better than +Accuracy that doesn't do anything. However, for WS like Penta Thrust that have low accuracy, you will be uncapped on WS accuracy virtually all the time unless you're doing really easy mobs. +Skill only affects your Accuracy. +STR affects your base damage and is a frequent WS mod. That is why in some cases CC is better than LT, but those cases are quite rare.

Does the accuracy boost work only on the first hit as well then?
                No, the accuracy boost works on all hits, not just the first. This is why I recommended the Love Torque over the CChain or Gorget for Penta Thrust--you'll usually get far better mileage out of the +Accuracy.

Skewer is like Penta, but since it's only 3 hits, you get 3.33% boost off of Light Gorget. I don't have Skewer yet at my level, so I don't know what the accuracy rates are. I assume higher than Penta, so if you're capping, there's no reason to put Love Torque on which means that Light Gorget's little bonus might be the biggest thing you can get.

Comment

Cloudius on ragnarok posted a thread on our ls forums about more testing that was done with WS gorgets that said they add to the mod and have been determined to add +10 Acc to every hit
                  ill look for it one sec
                  edit: copy pasta-age:
                  During my usual forums trolling I stumbled over this
                  ���꤬�Ȥ����ϵ� - FC2 BLOG �ѥ����ǧ��
                  http://blog.ddffxi.com/2008/02/accur...ti-hit-ws.html
                  releenaseraph: Just in Time for Febru...Dammit! (In the comments)

Basically, We thought that Sea gorgets give 0.1 ftp (Only effects 1st hit) and +5ACC to the 1st hit
                  But these test conclude that it actually gives 0.1 ftp (only effects 1st hit) and +10ACC to all hits.

In other words 2nd to Sea torques (and maybe Ancient Torque), they are the bestest for all WS and not just 1-2 hits WS.

The End.

edit again
                  changed my torque/gorget problem
                  sorry guys ><
                  Last edited by 711rocks; 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM.

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
                    ...torques...
                    Just to clarify... you're talking about

Sea Gorgets (e.g. Light Gorget) not sea Torques (e.g. Love Torque) yes?

wiki doesn't state the accuracy boost definitively, it just says:

Originally posted by wiki.ffxiclopedia.org
                    ..and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill...
                    That really changes the dynamic of the Shadow Gorget for DRG...giving Peacock Charm +Accuracy and boosting the first hit's power really is a hands down winner over any other piece of gear for any WS then.

Comment

so, im guessing its settled in some way, shadow gorget gives acc and dmg to all 5 hits and not the first hit only ? >.> not to beat a dead horse but i never seem to find a final answer to that question
                      what medicines do not heal, the lance will ; what the lance does not heal, fire will.
                      - siege-

Comment

Just to clarify... you're talking about

Sea Gorgets (e.g. Light Gorget) not sea Torques (e.g. Love Torque) yes?

wiki doesn't state the accuracy boost definitively, it just says:

That really changes the dynamic of the Shadow Gorget for DRG...giving Peacock Charm +Accuracy and boosting the first hit's power really is a hands down winner over any other piece of gear for any WS then.
                        yeah gorget im sorry
                        i have this habit i cant stop of calling them all torques
                        it confuses the ls when i bring up ufos and stuff speaking of torques ><
                        sorry again
                        D:

fk yes

Comment

I don't understand... I was recommending Relaxing Earring for Vyuru's SCH.
                          Oh, for SCH, haha, sorry, I just thought DRG because this is a DRG forum.

My bad.
                          [LadyKiKi]
                          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by goblinpimp View Post
                            so, im guessing its settled in some way, shadow gorget gives acc and dmg to all 5 hits and not the first hit only ? >.> not to beat a dead horse but i never seem to find a final answer to that question
                            The Accuracy Bonus affects all hits of a multi-hit WS.

The 0.1 TP Multiplier Bonus affects only the first hit of a multi-hit WS.

Comment

Working...
                            X