Drg/Dnc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drg/Dnc

I have just gotten Dnc to 37 and am going back to Drg which is 53. my equipment is just about as good as you can get for my level and my ACC is what i have most of my gear set for. i was wondering if Drg/Dnc would be a good combo, seeing as you get Drain Samba, Quickstep, Aspir Samba (for those occasions when a pld will love you) Curing waltz and such. yes the damage output would be decreased since i wouldnt be using penta thrust or double thrust as much but the party in general's health would be much improved, and last i checked my parties as Drg Sucked as much as a French... well you know what i mean. (No offence to french people, your fries are great) Just wondering. maby even just as a solo sub or somthing. since two hits would be a Curing Waltz and 3-4 would be Curing waltz II, especially with my npc help what ever little that may be.

Re: Drg/Dnc

DRG's weapon delay somewhat kills the potential benefits /DNC could bring to the table, if five second passes where /DNC user isn't in contact with the mob, Sambas shut off for everyone until you hit again.

This is compounded by the presence of a DNC main, everything you would bring is totally obseleted when a DNC main is in PT save for Steps, maybe. This could be a good in that it would push the DNC main to do Stutter Step for mages instead of the other Steps, but otherwise not so much.

Campaign and Solo I see no problems, as /DNC would let you use normal wyvern breaths instead of having to /Mage for Healing Breath.

Overall, though, DNC isn't going to be taking WAR, SAM or THF's top spots for best DRG subjob.

Comment

I don't find the delay thing to be too much of a hindrance as war/dnc with 8.4 second delay. It still does a decent job. It'll be a lot better 70+ with Drain Samba 2 and, ideally, a nice chunk of Haste. But this is certainly a good reason to use lower delay weapons when playing as /dnc. If you can find a decent polearm type (as opposed to Lance -- remember, you're playing more utility in this role), you'll only have a 6ish second delay.

And yeah, you'll get elemental breaths when you do WS and give up the support/healing breaths... but you won't be WSing much.

For solo, this looks to make you capable of soloing just as well as a war/dnc which is to say: worse than drg/mage.
      Last edited by Lmnop; 05-09-2008, 10:30 AM.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

It really does suck for Campaign since you have access to Aspir Samba, but then have no magic to use on breaths! > <;

Over all I agree with BBQ, mage subs are better especially with all the refresh abilities floating around these days.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X