Subjobs for Healing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subjobs for Healing

Hmm good point, I can see how that would get annoying. Still, it does seem like a good way to not have to rest ever (except for your wyvern)
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

No, DRG/SCH wouldn't work as a way not to have to rest. In order to get the MP efficiency of healing breath, you have to be below 50% hp so you can *use* healing breath, which will kill sublimation.

Sublimation: Only works above 50% hp; shuts off if you go below 50% hp for even one tick
      Healing Breath: Only works below 50% hp; must wait until you're below 50% hp, then cast a spell, then wait for HB to go off

See the problem?

If you want to not have to rest, you'll have to keep relying on sanction/sigil.

One benefit of /whm is reraise - especially nice in campaign, where shit happens. Besieged too, but I don't usually go to besieged as DRG, too much wyvern killing spam.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Yes I know about how breaths trigger.

However, Couldn't you simply use Regen 1 or 2 to push your HP up a bit and then use it between fights? It's probably still nowhere near as practical as /WHM RDM or BLU but it's still an option.
        sigpic

Comment

Sublimation is a moot issue if you're fighting something you can Aspir... At DRG72+ with /SCH, that is.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Game Point: Itazura
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Just how good is /Sch Aspir anyway?

I've used it as Blm on things like worms, but haven't been that impressed by it. Well, it's decent, but it's not what I would count on to keep my mp up.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                Just how good is /Sch Aspir anyway?
                Just about as good as main SCH Aspir.

{Dark Arts} {Please check it.}
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

I am aware of that YM.

However, as I said, in my experience as Blm fighting worms that con what, EM-T by the time I had Aspir, with capped A- skill, was frankly unimpressive and I would not count on Aspir to keep my mp up.

/Sch comes with a B- assuming Dark Arts, not an A-, so their Aspir is worse.
                  Also keep in mind, it's not worth my time to sub a mage subjob if I'm not fighting EM-T monsters as Drg. If I am fighting DC-EM mobs, then I sub Brd, if higher, a mage job. Chigoe and other monsters with a high DA/TA rate (Qiqirn, some mobs in the past) have been the sole exception to that rule that I have found.
                  Last edited by Vyuru; 05-03-2008, 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I was mistaken: I had thought that by "past experience with BLM" you meant DRG/BLM.

Ah, well.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Given that you can't even use aspir from /SCH until 72, I'd say you should be draining a good chunk of MP by that point.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X