Drg subs and general advice for Nyzule Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drg subs and general advice for Nyzule Isle

Well, a couple of friends and I are thinking of getting into Nyzule Isle stuff in a bit. I'm seeking advice on subs and a few other things for this activity.

I should also say that we don't exactly have a group for this either, and I do realise that some advice would be different depending on what jobs are in the party. Knowing how we think though this will most likely be a fairly balanced party.

Also who the disk holders will be and how many we will have is unknown at this point.

First off I need a little more information about the Omerta Pathos. From what I have heard online, there are Pathos that will block Elemental/Enhancing/Healing/etc magics, but it has always sounded like a seperate Pathos for each one. Reading up on it in Wiki, it sounds like Omerta just blocks all magic. So it would be greatly appreciated if someone could clear point of confusion up =^.^=

Subs that I have ready for Drg are War, Sam, Rdm.

I'm thinking that *if* I am going as pure DD (and it seems most likely that I should do this on the boss floors), that I should go as /sam to boost my ability to SC, and well all the other nifty abilities that /sam gives. It seems the best sub for offense/defense abilities.

For the rest of the floors that don't have some horrible boss monster of painfull death, I think that I should go drg/mage. It sounds like you have a fairly decent chance of needing to split up to look for something, and the ability to take over the healing duties is also a usefull thing to have along.

For this, I'm thinking that drg/whm may be best. I won't be needing to main heal all the time, I can have auto refresh and a good chance at some bard/corsair/red mage form of refresh as well, and if all else fails I can bring juices. MP *shouldn't* be a problem with MP merits and some of the pretty good RSE Mithra get. Also, I get to have Erase and various ~na spells, which sounds pretty dang usefull.

So I'm thinking drg/sam for DD, and drg/whm for healing/support.

Merit-wise, a thought occured to me.

Body Boost boosts your hp by 50%, I have heard that you can use Empathy to give your wyvern this hp boost, which greatly increase the power of the Healing Breaths. Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to merit Empathy given that?

Also, it's sticking in my head that Empathy is supposed to give your wyvern Stoneskin, but I see no mention of this on Wiki.

I'm thinking that I want Angon fully merited. Deep Breathing is another ability that I want, but since putting more merits into it only decreases the recast timer, I'm wondering if it might be better to do something like 3 Angon, 1 Deep Breathing, and 2 Empathy merits.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Drg subs and general advice for Nyzule Isle

Also, it's sticking in my head that Empathy is supposed to give your wyvern Stoneskin, but I see no mention of this on Wiki.
    Only if you got Stoneskin on. If you really want to do that, grab a pair of those Greaves (forgot name) which gives your wyvern stoneskin (it's an enchantment). Save yourself that 1 buff that can be transferred, for space for other buffs.

Body Boost boosts your hp by 50%, I have heard that you can use Empathy to give your wyvern this hp boost, which greatly increase the power of the Healing Breaths. Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to merit Empathy given that?
    I don't merit really but if you're one to do it often, it won't hurt to try (should no one give you an answer) and do so and then test it out in Besieged first.

[...]

Have you done Nyzule Isle Assaults before? From the way I see it what job you go as shouldn't matter as much YET until the boss floors, but of course it's better to kill faster.

Otherwise, it's best to educate your static on the types of floors and objectives you'll come across and make it clear about what to do. Due to the time limit you're forced to somewhat hurry up a lot of the time, if one person fails to follow instructions then it could mean a loss. Due to how progress is saved, you must advance to and win Floor 5 and exit there to make any "real" progress.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Have you done Nyzule Isle Assaults before?
      Nope! Hence the flood of questions

From the way I see it what job you go as shouldn't matter as much YET until the boss floors, but of course it's better to kill faster.
      Agreed, but that's also a bit why I'm looking at drg/mage in general for the non boss floors. I can take care of some of the status effects and should be able to take over main healing if/when the main healer needs to rest for mp.

And if that's the case with Empathy... I'll need to run some numbers and compare Healing Breath+Body Boost to Healing Breath+Relic Helm to see how close they are. I've got a standing invitation to join a dynamis shell and they get like, 5 Drg relic helms to drop every other week, so how hard can it be?

/watches as they never get another piece of Drg relic again.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I've gone DRG/WAR for pretty much my entire Nyzul career and haven't run into many problems with it. You can only really switch jobs every five floors so picking one to run with full time is a good idea. Granted you do a lot of running but if you run across an enemy you either want to avoid it or everyone will want to fight it. You shouldn't be soloing something very often.

Some tips. In general you want 2 disc holders. This makes farming a lot easier as it helps the disc holders build tokens when it is not 'their' run. Our group typically does two 3 run sets in a week and we alternate disc holders each week.

As far as the pathos, they are rather rare and very random. Occasionally upon entering a floor you will be given a boost or a pathos. We've had ninjitsu, job abilities and white magic locked out on various runs. It is always just one floor and always just one attribute or ability affected.

The bosses are fairly easy on 20 and 40. However, the ToAU bosses on 60, 80 and 100 can get quite nasty. I strongly recommend that everyone get some temp items before they do those floor. For DRG I strongly recommend Monarch's Drink, Fool's Drink and Fanatic's Drink. Dusky Reraise and Shepard's Drink can be useful as well.

I thought about re-evaluating my merit path and capping Empathy but I doubt I will. I'll be done with Nyzul before I have any real merit time. Keep in mind that Empathy works left to right and any boosts or shields are usually near the end of the list. Having 3 empathy slots will maximize your chances of carrying over boost or shield effects. As for stoneskin, I believe it transfers but I recommend just using Earth Greaves anyway. Typically though I don't call my wyvern on boss floors so that I know he's there for Spirit Surge if needed.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
        X