Dragoon solo BCNM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoon solo BCNM's?

Hello, i just recently obtained level 50 DRG, and is now my main highest job. I was wondering if there is ANY BCNM's a dragoon could solo with the right support job? i have SOME access to capped equipment.

My support jobs are as follows, NIN: 10 BLU: 21 WAR:26 :SAM: 18.

Of course if a BCNM required NIN i would level NIN more before attempting it.

Thanks in advance
    "Leo used poop!
    The attack was ineffective!"

Re: Dragoon solo BCNM's?

None come to mind, you can certainly duo the lvl 40 cap Jelly one, but I can't think of any that a drg could solo.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Would i be able to Duo that jelly with a 40 SMN by any chance? I was thinking that they pop an AF out while i try take them out 1 by one. While i do that he pops a yag drink and waits a bit, then pops another AF?
      "Leo used poop!

Comment

Well, there's always Treasures and Tribulations, which anyone can theoretically solo at any level. Of course, you have a 2 in 3 chance of dying horribly, but that's the breaks when you go solo.

Treasure and Tribulations - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
          Well, there's always Treasures and Tribulations, which anyone can theoretically solo at any level. Of course, you have a 2 in 3 chance of dying horribly, but that's the breaks when you go solo.

Treasure and Tribulations - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Icemage
          Yea i have been doing that one lately with my LS, mimics hurt...
          "Leo used poop!

Comment

Something I have heard that I may have missed in the Wiki:

Big chest = lots of health, low evasion
            Medium chest = mid health/stats
            Small chest = low health (low defense?) but highly evasive

So if that is correct you may want to pick the chests according to party setup and what your party can deal with easiest.

As far as Smn in Royal Jelly is concerned, I honestly don't know. I have heard that the jellies can absorb certain elemental spells but I have never confirmed this, nor do I know of anyone who has. I also don't know exactly how Astral Flow works either.

It's also a tad bit dependant on Astral Flow's range, but isn't it rather small? The jellies will probably be fairly close together at that point, so I think the potential for danger is rather high with just one summoner.

2x drg/mage should be able to do fine in that one, or just about any job that can self heal for a decent amount.

I've always liked the Steamed Sprouts BCNM the best I think, but you need a rather specific party setup for that one, so since you want one you can solo that may not be what you want to do.

The setup I had most often (LS orb runs) was Brd, Whm, Rdm, Drg, Drk/other, other

Brd runs in, aggros the mandies and sleeps them, whm is on strict brd healing duty for when the mandies wake up. Rdm was for the party. DD pull the black mandy first and fight in the center of the arena away from the rest of the mandies and the brd/whm duo. If we had a drk with us he'd use Stun when the black mandy tried to cast Flood, otherwise the melee would normally SC him to interrupt him. Once the black one is dead just have your puller (best someone with provoke or other high hate grabbing tools) pull the next mandy back to the killing party.

Towards the end of the fight the bard will have alot of hate built up, so the last 2-3 mandies may need to be fought next to the bard, it varied, but sometimes we couldn't pull them off of the bard in some fights.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

Royal Jelly yes infact can be duoed very easily. But I had reports from Alla that you can solo it as DRG. With that in mind ...

NOTE: I died shortly afterwards.

Note how the wyvern is in extreme agony and I feel silly for wasting 40 seals. . I would've thought with 1000+ HP it's make a difference, but nope.
              [LadyKiKi]
              Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
              .:|The Prototype BST|:.
              Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

But I had reports from Alla that you can solo it as DRG. With that in mind ...
                Note how the wyvern is in extreme agony and I feel silly for wasting 40 seals. . I would've thought with 1000+ HP it's make a difference, but nope.
                120 seals spent trying to solo it >.>

I can take out about 4 of them, but things go bad once the Queen Jelly is formed.

Hmm, may have to take another look at the /sch spell list, if they get Bind or something you might be able to take out more of them, making the Queen weaker. However she's still one tough nut to crack.

I'm still learning about how blue mage works, but now I'm wondering if it would be possible to solo this as drg/blu.

I noticed that Head Butt interrupts spells rather nicely, even with a lvl 16 sub against mobs that con DC-EM+ to a lvl 75 drg.

The biggest problem for me was the Queen casting ~ga spells, I'm wondering if it might be possible to interrupt her casting with Head Butt. I may give it a try and let you all know how it goes sometime, it won't be soon though, I can tell you that much
                Last edited by Vyuru; 02-06-2008, 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                  I have heard that the jellies can absorb certain elemental spells but I have never confirmed this, nor do I know of anyone who has.
                  No pics to back me up, but I have seen first hand that they do indeed absorb a single element each. I believe it is random each time you go in. This includes damage done by elemental weapon skills. Red Lotus Blade healed one of the jellies instead of damaging it. I would assume that Astral Flow would work the same way, but perhaps Searing light would work. I'm not sure that any of them absorbs light or dark.
                  Tyros - Bahamut
                  DRK75 / BLM75
                  LS: MoonlightAngels
                  Windurst: Rank 10 / Bastok: Rank 10 / San d'Oria: Rank 10 / RotZ: Clear / CoP: Bahamut v1
                  ToAU: Clear / Assault: First Lieutenant / WotG: Mission 6 / Campaign: Wings of Honor
                  Cooking 90.3 + 2

Comment

Originally posted by Tyros View Post
                    No pics to back me up, but I have seen first hand that they do indeed absorb a single element each. I believe it is random each time you go in. This includes damage done by elemental weapon skills. Red Lotus Blade healed one of the jellies instead of damaging it. I would assume that Astral Flow would work the same way, but perhaps Searing light would work. I'm not sure that any of them absorbs light or dark.
                    It's true. I got a NIN as a 3rd to come with us, who's never done it before. Began spamming the ice Ninjitsu. It was curing it over and over. So I told him to stop and just melee.
                    [LadyKiKi]
                    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I've duoed Royal Jelly a few times as DRG. I've heard of DRGs soloing it but I'm sure doing so would involve using Spirit Surge and lots of meds on the boss as there's no way you could clear all the smaller jellies in time.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

No pics to back me up, but I have seen first hand that they do indeed absorb a single element each. I believe it is random each time you go in.
                        I know that each Princess Jelly will only cast one kind of spell, do you know if they absorb the same type of element that the Princess Jelly is assigned?

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                          I know that each Princess Jelly will only cast one kind of spell, do you know if they absorb the same type of element that the Princess Jelly is assigned?
                          I don't think anyone has been in that bcnm long enough to test that theory lol.
                          Thanks Kazuki.
                          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

still the best, and most popular RJ format is rdm + 2drg. That setup is so simple to run that i basicly sleep during the times i go.

Comment

Working...
                            X