Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I'm confused...

I wasn't complaining...

I'm simply trying to get some info about a Job who interests me a lot...mainly because of it's versatility.

However, I hear conflicting stories, and I just want to get all the facts before I make up my mind. I still have some time before 30, and just want as much of a headstart on what I'm doing as possible.

Comment

Well, there's no penalty switching jobs; if you don't like a job, change to another.

I consider it a good incentive to try different jobs. ^_^b
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Reichter View Post
        I wasn't complaining...

I'm simply trying to get some info about a Job who interests me a lot...mainly because of it's versatility.

However, I hear conflicting stories, and I just want to get all the facts before I make up my mind. I still have some time before 30, and just want as much of a headstart on what I'm doing as possible.
        No offense, but you LS sounds like idiots. Only you can decide if you are going to like a job. Play around with a few DD jobs and see what you like.
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

DRG is good, pretty much at any level. The wyvern's DPS is always forgotten by people who look down at your damage.

You will encounter people who think that DRGs are terribly weak. There are still people who have been playing the game for 4 years and yet think that Dual Wield doubles your damage! More than you'd think! (it doesn't, btw >.> it's a damage boost, true. But it's not going to magically outdo what Berserk can add)

The point is, you're going to have to get used to occasional idiots. But really, unless you play war, sam, nin, rdm, or brd; you're going to get some crap somewhere along the way. Do you really want to play one of those 5? 5 out of 20? Especially when they're not even superior to DRG?! Online communities work in mysterious ways. Any time you feel shorted because of your choice in job, come peruse these boards and poke questions. Someone intelligent will give you a correct answer that will make you feel better.

Oh, one more thing. for comparison:

Warriors get Aggressor. This is the biggest accuracy (self) buff in the game @+25 acc for 3 minutes out of every 5 (60% of the time).
          DRGs get Accuracy Bonus II. This amounts to +22 accuracy 100% of the time. This difference ain't so great!

Nuts.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I've been reading this thread and I'm very happy to see some good support for the Dragoon class, as it's the one with the absolute most appeal to me, jumps and such, even before the wyvern was added. The point is, I'm sticking with the plan of a Elvaan Dragoon though I was considering going another way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
              DRG is good, pretty much at any level. The wyvern's DPS is always forgotten by people who look down at your damage.
              I remember I party on my DRG, probably around 54-56, I was in a party with 2 SAMs. One had some really nice gear, 2 Sniper Rings, Ochi kotes, the other didn't. At the time (before the 2 handed update) I was only using DEX rather than accuracy due to a lack of funds. But even with my set up I out damaged the lesser equiped SAM by an average of a few hunderd a fight. The other SAM on the other hand out damaged me by around 200 per fight. That might make DRG look weaker but then my Wyvern was averaging about 400 damage per fight edging my total damage per fight even above the SAM who had superior gear.

Comment

I'd rather have a DRG in my PT for the good looks anyway!
                Current Server: Asura
                Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

DRG's pet /emotes are cute :D
                  Server: Quetzalcoatl
                  Race: Hume Rank 7
                  75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                    DRG's pet /emotes are cute :D
                    QFT

Man you guys are making me wanna level dragoon again instead of samurai. XD

Comment

Also, Dragoons get free ice cream on Tuesdays. Who doesn't want free ice cream? Level DRG!
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                      . . .

Comment

By the time my DRG was 75 I made (some) Rampage Warriors cry because I out DPSed them in DoT. This was before the 2-handed update which made DRGs (and other 2 handed weapon users (but who cares about them)) stronger too.

On top of that I tanked my own Impulse Drive mob for the second half of its life and trioed it with a PLD and my wyvern...

And I chained Tough-Very Tough mobs solo...

Go level DRG. Their just that awesome.

But then I again I was kinda crazy and ate death a lot learning how to solo well.....

Comment

Originally posted by SomeMithra View Post
                          Their just that awesome.
                          /ja Chainspell <me>
                          /ma Dia <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Poison <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Slow <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Silence <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Gravity <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Fire <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Fire <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Fire <t>
                          /wait 1
                          /ma Enfire <me>
                          /attack <t>

. . .

What? It's the best I can do at my level. Okay, sure, I have Blizzard, but I'd prefer she'd die in a Fire . . .
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                          X