Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which should I get, Barone Gambieras or Rutter Sabatons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which should I get, Barone Gambieras or Rutter Sabatons?

I'm undecided whether I should get the Barone Gambieras or the Rutter Sabatons. I read in the other thread about the 2% Slow on the Rutters, so that doesn't bother me. So which should I go for?

Re: Which should I get, Barone Gambieras or Rutter Sabatons?

Either works, really. Just a matter of style, as they both basically work the same. Matter of whether you want to go for +1 more STR at the cost of 2% Slow and the trek to Newton Movalpolos (and accompanying NM fight that might not even drop them), or take the 1 point STR loss, and get it off the AH, albeit with that +Enmity penalty for doing so.

That, and which you mind looking at less. They're both decent looking in their own right, just a matter of style and choice at that point.

Comment

Rutter Sabs are the better of the two, being as Vit is a secondary WSC mod for Jump (see here) - so assuming a 1 cRatio should give you a bonus of +1 damage to your jump if you use them for that, however - I would advise against tp'ing in them and wear either acc/attack/haste etc gear on your feet.

For WS's/Jump though, the Sabs just beat out the Barone, as well as being free if you can farm your own airtank.

I don't think the Sabs beat out the AF/AF+1 Feet on Jump though, however - I can't be sure. They're nice enough though if you've got AF in storage while using odd pieces of AF+1.
      Last edited by Spinnthrift; 01-10-2008, 05:15 PM. Reason: Just added a thought

Comment

I use Amir boots. I tried to get Rutters but our drop rate sucked.
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It's sticking in my mind that you need something like +5 vit to see a 1 damage increase in jumps, so I wouldn't choose Rutters over Barone just for the +vit.

I think I'd go for Amir boots instead and swap the AF in for jumps.

But as Lilith said, it's really more a matter of playing style and what you feel is lacking in your gear setup.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Seeing as people spend millions and millions of gil and hours upon hours camping NMs just to get any haste boost they can get, making yourself slower is a bad thing.

Of your two choices, get Barone for TPing or if you don't do gear swaps. Or you could get the Amir boots which would be better then both imo.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Sadly, my Amir Boots collect dust on my mannequin, mainly because of Dusk Boots being so nice. However, if I didn't have them, then yeah, I'd go Amir (as a matter of fact, I did exactly that for so long until I got Dusk and the 2h changes). I swap in the AF boots for Jump, though.

If I didn't have Rutters for my WS swap, then yeah, Barone would be the next best thing (I don't have Heca boots, or I'd use those).

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                It's sticking in my mind that you need something like +5 vit to see a 1 damage increase in jumps, so I wouldn't choose Rutters over Barone just for the +vit.

I think I'd go for Amir boots instead and swap the AF in for jumps.

But as Lilith said, it's really more a matter of playing style and what you feel is lacking in your gear setup.
                You need +5 Vit to get a +1 damage in your jump if you're at 0.4 cRatio. If you're at 1 cRatio - you need 2.. it's a basic 50% secondary WSC mod. Please check the wiki link I provided.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, just that if you need 5 vit to make 1 difference, you've either no where near enough attack or are vastly overhunting. Pdif and all that yanno...

Comment

What I find funny is that everyone is picking about the VIT on Rutters in regards to Jump without bringing up the TP gain you get from Barone.

It really comes down to the rest of your gear. If you have other Barone pieces, then the Gambieras are a natural choice. If you have any kind of Haste gear, then I would recommend Amir or Barone.

Amir would have been my first choice, but I only really do Nyzul Assaults. I went with Rutters because they were free. Once I built towards Haste, I traded out til I got Homam. Currently I wear Homam for tp and ws in Askar.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

What I find funny is that everyone is picking about the VIT on Rutters in regards to Jump without bringing up the TP gain you get from Barone.
                    I didn't think that Barone Feet gave TP to jumps, I thought the TP boost to jumps was from Barone Body/Legs only?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

yep. lol scratch that then. >.>

I stand by the rest of the post though.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                      X