Jump and VIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump and VIT

Hello, i am a 51 DRG right now and have been wondering some things for some time now, maybe some of you long time 75 drg's can help me out.
    would you Ever have a full change of VIT gear/jump gear Just for jumping, then change back to your ATT gear? i am about to just test it out for myself but thats alot of time and AH buying, and selling if it doesn't work out. i could easly build a 25+ VIT for my Jumps if i wanted so should i? i know Jump is VIT dmg based sooo.. its my first DD job so a little undsure how much that VIT modifier actually helps the dmg output.

Also does everyones Jump/H.Jump miss as much as mine? i have the Jump Acc+4 boots and its still very bad. Will it improve?

hmm i know there was more questions i had but thats all i can think of for right now, thanks in advance for your time and if any of you Pro 75 DRG's have any other advice or tricks Please share, it would be greatly apricated.

btw i Love DRG and i am Doing Tons of DMG in all my Parties, Go DRG's!
    mithra
    75rdm 1031/1031
    75pld
    91cooking
    120merits

Re: Jump and VIT

Jump damage isn't VIT-based. VIT helps, but it's not the main factor in your damage.

Without going into all the math, let me just say, don't bother. STR/DEX/Attack/Accuracy is what you need. And Jump is just as likely to miss as a normal attack. Accuracy+4 only means you have 2% more hit rate with it (every 2 Acc adds 1% to your hit rate.) If your Jump misses too much, you need more Accuracy.

By the way this applies to WS's too. Don't focus on stat mods.

Comment

As my DRG, I don't gear swap that much. I am 73 and all I swap out is my AF helmet for WS and a Healing Breath macro I made, and my AF boot for Jump (not Hi-jump or S-Jump)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

What Armando said. Every time someone says "so-and-so attack is X stat based" just /slap them and continue to focus on what makes sense for being a melee DD. Add VIT if you're bored, rich, and have slots that aren't offering DD stats already and have sizable VIT-boosting equipment for them.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

From what I remember on the thread over on Alla about this, you needed a LARGE amount of +vit to make a noticable difference, something like +6 vit for +1 damage or something on that order. Myself personally I'd just recommend using the AF boots once you can wear them, you'll see more of a difference in damage with them on.

Frankly in general I wouldn't bother too much with gear swaps for Drg especially after this last update. I'd expect in your level range that you can hit things fairly well with minimal +acc gear, then with things like a Vanguard Belt, Enky or other +str gauntlet, standard +str gear, you should be hitting things fairly hard and accurately. Your standard melee gear should roughly be good enough for your standard WS gear. There may be times and places you want to specialize, but in general for exp parties I don't think you need to.

You'll have to ask either Lmnop or Armando for just what str and att does for you, all I remember is +str = good

Also does everyones Jump/H.Jump miss as much as mine?
          Dunno, how often does yours miss and what mobs are you fighting? If you're 51 and fighting crabs in Kuftal, well, from what I remember that's just gonna suck in general and it's one of the few places I had better more consistant results from Raiden Thrust than Double Thrust.

And if you ARE 51 and fighting crabs you may want to consider bats in King Ranperre's Tomb, I *think* that's about when my static went there. There are also Lesser Colibri camps you can go to if you have ToAU access but those are highly camped normally, and myself I'd rather go to a somewhat out of the way camp where no one will come and camp on top of us so I'd still recommend KRT and fighting bats over Lesser Colibri. Ah, and Campsitarus says Lesser Colibri are a lvl 64ish party mob.

Ohhhhh, you guys can do Tragopans in Bibiki Bay, those guys are even more fun than bats in KRT, go there

Actually, I'd recommend exping anywhere other than ToAU areas, that's all anyone seems to know about now. With no competition in other areas you can get in much more exp/hour than you used to be able to. Let everyone else squabble over camps in ToAU, go compete with your tumbleweeds

You may want to post your gear, what subjob you use, and what food you are using so that we can make some overall comments.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
            You'll have to ask either Lmnop or Armando for just what str and att does for you, all I remember is +str = good
            It makes you do damage. :3

it's one of the few places I had better more consistant results from Raiden Thrust than Double Thrust.
            I actually noticed this too. I think with a Bard or Corsair buffing attack enough, that wouldn't be so, but /shrug.
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I actually noticed this too. I think with a Bard or Corsair buffing attack enough, that wouldn't be so, but /shrug.
              Yeah, but we didn't have either of those sadly :/

Kuftal Tunnel was kinda wierd damage-wise IMO. My physical WS damage almost seemed to scale in tiers much like spell damage. An unresisted Double Attack would do 240 or so damage with both hits connecting for 120 damage/hit roughly. More often than not it did roughly 80 damage/hit for 160 damage and I'd normally miss one hit. We always did the SC + MB when the crab had no buffs up and 99% of the time when the crab was under the effect of an acid bolt too.

Raiden Thrust on the other hand was a pretty consistant 140-160+ damage depending on TP, I think I've only missed about, twice with it too, highly accurate WS.

I kinda thought that melee hits were more random than those, but it was pretty much one or the other with very little inbetween, much like Wheeling Thrust. All of my other WS seem to have more variance in them.

So yeah, Kuftal Tunnel played hob with my damage o.0

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
              X