DRG soloing looking for mobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRG soloing looking for mobs

I was looking for mobs weak to peircing, I dont really care about going by a guide, since I am DRG/BLU and was just trying to find mobs that would be easier for me to kill ;p

I tried to find a mob vs weapon type list...but found nothing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: DRG soloing looking for mobs

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Piercing
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So the mobs you will have the greatest impact on are:

Bees
      Bat Triplets
      Big Birds
      Birds
      Colibri
      Flies
      Giant Bats
      Imps
      Mandragoras
      Puks

So for the most part, things that fly. XP

Comment

thanks for the info... and doh.. cant believe I forgot to check FFXIwiki
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
          So the mobs you will have the greatest impact on are:
          Bees
          Bat Triplets
          Big Birds
          Birds
          Colibri
          Flies
          Giant Bats
          Imps
          Mandragoras
          Puks
          So for the most part, things that fly. XP
          Bees, Triplets, Big Birds, Birds, Flies, Imps and Mandies are all horrible solo targets. They either have a massive one-shot WS (Final Sting, Jet Stream), a nasty AOE to worry about (Stromwind, Wing Cutter, Cursed Sphere) or some ability that just sucks (Amnesia/Silence, Dream Flower).

My advice would be to focus on Big Bats as much as possible. Colibri are great at higher levels as long as you remember not to eat food.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

what level are you there are some great camps for drg/blu
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I want to say crawlers are also weak to piercing(correct me if I'm wrong please), and they're a better solo target when you have healing/status removal breaths.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                I want to say crawlers are also weak to piercing(correct me if I'm wrong please), and they're a better solo target when you have healing/status removal breaths.
                cocoon also slows the damage rate up alo

Comment

Derf, forgot about that one. I'm a RDM/BRD/COR lol, I don't usually take mob buffs into account when thinking about solo. XD
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

You're what, lvl 65 dragoon? It sounds crazy, but I'd actually recommend Chigoe in the Mire. Just head out to Nashmau, and I don't have a map so it's kinda hard to describe, but go out to the big lake at I-10. There are some Chigoe at the I-11 and the I-9 areas I believe. I think I-9 has 2-3 Chigoe and I-11 has, I'd guess about 7 Chigoe.

Chigoe are pretty easy, you just need to time your Healing Breaths right and they should con DC-EM at that level. You WILL need the Auto Refresh Signet option, or at least it is highly recommended to eliminate time spent regaining mp.

Also, nifty little trick to killing Chigoe faster. Any WS or damaging job ability like our Jumps or Critical Hits will instantly kill a Chigoe if the damage from it does not kill it. You do not get exp for it in this case.

So if you get a Crit/Jump/WS in that deals say 200 damage when the Chigoe is at or below 200hp and you WILL get exp for the kill.

If you Crit/Jump/WS that deals 200 damage and the Chigoe is at or above 201hp, and you will not get any exp.

You may get links, so I'd recommend saving your jumps for any links to kill them quick. Since you have Cocoon you'll be in better shape than I was as drg/rdm, and I would recommend +att food.

Lotsa fun and people running by think you're crazy, but damn it's good exp I could get about 4k/hr there roughly, it really depends on how many Chigoe get squished, which normally doesn't happen that often.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                      Beyond the Cocoon issue mentioned by Sev, crawlers can be dangerous due to the poison. If you can't line up right it's very easy to end up with a poisoned wyvern. That means using Spirit Link more often which is dangerous to do while soloing.

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        Beyond the Cocoon issue mentioned by Sev, crawlers can be dangerous due to the poison. If you can't line up right it's very easy to end up with a poisoned wyvern. That means using Spirit Link more often which is dangerous to do while soloing.
                        Meh the poison really isn't bad seeing a ws can quickly heal it, as well as the multitude of low mp casts with /blu.

Comment

Crawler's aren't that bad either, I think at 65 you'd either want Rumble Crawlers, but they may be a little low exp at that level so you might want Knight Crawlers, not sure.

Cocoon is annoying, but I solo'd on Crabs as well, and their stoneskin/def+ moves are just as annoying, so I view it as kinda meh, little difference.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I was more worried about the wyvern being poisoned then me though. ^^

Granted, a Healing Breath can cancel out the Spirit Link but when I'm soloing I try to avoid purposely lowering my HP. It's manageable but it's far from ideal.

At 65 I would try Vy's chigoe idea and then just start working into Lesser Colibri.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                              Crawler's aren't that bad either, I think at 65 you'd either want Rumble Crawlers, but they may be a little low exp at that level so you might want Knight Crawlers, not sure.
                              Cocoon is annoying, but I solo'd on Crabs as well, and their stoneskin/def+ moves are just as annoying, so I view it as kinda meh, little difference.
                              With ToAU it is easier to solo non-pld mobs, move to colbiri and puks is nice, crabs suck tho.

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                              I was more worried about the wyvern being poisoned then me though. ^^
                              Granted, a Healing Breath can cancel out the Spirit Link but when I'm soloing I try to avoid purposely lowering my HP. It's manageable but it's far from ideal.
                              At 65 I would try Vy's chigoe idea and then just start working into Lesser Colibri.
                              Its only a one hp/tic poison and the tick is to engage the cralwer so your wyvern does as well then rotate the mob so it doesn't face you're wyvern. That is how i have always done it, and it works very well =D.

Comment

Working...
                              X