What lvl is the dragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lvl is the dragon?

What level is the dragon that must be beaten to unlock dragoon? Will I be able to solo it or will I need a party? I ask because I noticed with alot of the other advanced jobs they are soloable, and also because if it is able to be killed solo I would rather do it that way then wait to try to get a party going(I almost wish they would streamline that process--should be able to put yourself on a sort of waiting list--should not have to basically hope someone picks you)
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: What lvl is the dragon?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Cyranuce_M_Cutauleon

Quoted from site:

Killable by: 6 characters level 30, 3 characters level 40, soloable by RDM/NIN 50

Even with RDM/NIN, which is undisputably the best solo combo, you'd have to be level 50, so you're going to need help.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

FIGURES---They have to make everything difficult(you can tell I've had fun trying to get parties together at times---maybe just some bad luck) Thank you
      u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

I dunno... buy my friend Tule actually let his wyvern solo it for me >.<;

Comment

I remember soloing this thing easily somewhere around level 60 WHM, and it barely scratched my Stoneskin. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere around level 35-38. However, being a Dark Dragon type, it's abnormally difficult for its level.

Icemage

Comment

I like killing this dragon for people. It's really neat to have it slaughtered before the opening cut scene is over, hehe.
            Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
            I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Technically, it's a Wyvern sub-type, not Dark Dragon sub-type, but it still falls under the overall Dragon type.

I've taken Cyranuce several times by now, and I've just about ran out of ways to kill him: kill by Harpoon and no wyvern, Relic Lance and no wyvern, let wyvern solo him, get Impulse Drive, Wheeling Thrust, and Penta Thrust off before he died (I even challenged myself with that one by letting my wyvern continue to fight while I Meditated TP), Hand-to-Hand him down, Sword him down, Dagger him down, Staff him down, Club him down, Nothing but Jumps, Nothing but Magic (from /whm, RDM and BRD friends of mine helped with Refresh for that one, but took no other part in the fights), and I even tried to see how many intimidates I could get to proc before I had to kill him before time ran out (I got about 10 or so, been a while since I did that one). Fun times.

Comment

Been so long since I did it I must have misremembered. Either way, Wyvern types suck for their level too (not as much as Dark Dragon type enemies though - they're evil).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                  Technically, it's a Wyvern sub-type, not Dark Dragon sub-type, but it still falls under the overall Dragon type.
                  I've taken Cyranuce several times by now, and I've just about ran out of ways to kill him: kill by Harpoon and no wyvern, Relic Lance and no wyvern, let wyvern solo him, get Impulse Drive, Wheeling Thrust, and Penta Thrust off before he died (I even challenged myself with that one by letting my wyvern continue to fight while I Meditated TP), Hand-to-Hand him down, Sword him down, Dagger him down, Staff him down, Club him down, Nothing but Jumps, Nothing but Magic (from /whm, RDM and BRD friends of mine helped with Refresh for that one, but took no other part in the fights), and I even tried to see how many intimidates I could get to proc before I had to kill him before time ran out (I got about 10 or so, been a while since I did that one). Fun times.
                  Did you throw the kitchen sink at him too? :p
                  My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                  Originally posted by Balfree
                  Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

From what I've seen, -any- DRG will love to solo it for you. Just do a search for a high level dragoon.
                    [LadyKiKi]
                    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                      Did you throw the kitchen sink at him too? :p
                      I suggest toilet seat ftw
                      Server: Quetzalcoatl
                      Race: Hume Rank 7
                      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
                        I like killing this dragon for people. It's really neat to have it slaughtered before the opening cut scene is over, hehe.

yup. I love doing the fight for people who are unlocking DRG to show them what the job is capable of.

ask high level DRGs around sandy

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                          you try to kill him with only blaze/shock/ice spikes damage from a mage sub. or sub mnk and counter him to death unless you need weapon out for counter to work :x

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                            I suggest toilet seat ftw
                            Here is what that looks like
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS6rJubBKE
                            Last edited by Freyr; 12-14-2006, 07:34 PM. Reason: Video can't be embeded.
                            Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
                            sigpic

Comment

you try to kill him with only blaze/shock/ice spikes damage from a mage sub. or sub mnk and counter him to death unless you need weapon out for counter to work
                              I tried the damage spikes idea, but he couldn't hit me enough for it to work well. My Monk is only lvl 3, so I don't have Counter, and I'm not sure if that'd work w/o my weapon out, and at that rate, I'd just kill him through normal attacks. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X