Hydra Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydra Gear

Anyone try any of the new gear made with Hydra Scales?

Hydra Mail
    [Body] All Races
    DEF:49 DEX+3 AGI+3
    Accuracy+9 Evasion+9
    Physical damage taken -3%
    Magic damage taken -3%
    LV 72 SAM DRG

Hydra Fng. Gnt.
    [Hands] All Races
    DEF:20 VIT+3 Accuracy+5
    Attack+3 Evasion+5
    Magic damage taken -2%
    LV 72 SAM DRG

~

Hydra Mask
    [Head] All Races
    DEF:30 DEX+1 AGI+2
    Accuracy+5 Evasion+5
    Magic damage taken -2%
    LV 72 SAM DRG

Hydra Cuisses
    [Legs] All Races
    DEF:36 DEX+2 VIT+2
    Accuracy+3 Evasion+3
    Physical damage taken -3%
    LV 72 SAM DRG

Hydra Greaves
    [Feet] All Races
    DEF:22 VIT+2 AGI+2
    Accuracy+2 Attack+2 Evasion+2
    Physical damage taken -2%
    LV 72 SAM DRG

~

The hands and body look great, especially for soloing. The feet are alright, especially if you don't have Rutters, Barone or Homam. The head and legs are nice but the wyvern helm and barone legs seem better overall for less money.

I found a body piece on the AH a couple days ago and it seems nice so far. I may go for the hands if anyone ever lists them.

Average seems to be about 500-600k per piece on Valefor.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Re: Hydra Gear

No one kills Hydra on my server

I got the whole Gavial Set (looks the same, same stats except the +Evasion and +Accuracy). Didn't help TOO much when soloing, even combined with a Jelly Ring. My staff isn't high enough yet to try with an Earth Staff, although I am working on that as an experiment to see what it is to like to solo a Fly/Steelshell on the top of the Boyhada Tree.

With the whole set + Earth Staff + Jelly Ring it would be a -33% reduction.

Can replace the Mask and Head for the Darksteel Pieces (Mittens, 1%) & (Cap, 1%) for a total of 35% Damage Reduction.

If you HQ all your pieces, that adds up to 40% Damage Reduction. Chuck a defending Ring in there (fat chance, but mentioning it) and you get 50% physical damage reduction.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I wasn't as interested in the damage reduction as the acc/eva on top of it. With the damage reduction and the accuracy and evasion bonuses, I think its a better endgame acc piece then the SH.

Comment

It is a good alternative piece to the Scorpion Harness. As well as looking different, it's basically +10 Accuracy anyway. It's a shame it's severely limited in what jobs can actually wear it. I looked at the set as a soloing set more then endgame. The Wyrm Gauntlets and the Hydra Hands are quite on par, with Hydra offering +3 Attack over the Wyrm piece.

I'm all for looking different. Minus the Mask, I ran around in whole Gavial a few times. You rarely see people wearing it. Depending on party type or activity, the DEX helps Penta Thrust too.
        [LadyKiKi]
        Soloed to 75

Comment

I picked up the Hydra Mail the other day for the extra accuracy so I could use staff in a merit party (for Spirit Taker - I was support healing). The damage reduction is nice for things like Dynamis where you're going to get whacked no matter what. Still debating whether to keep it or go back to my Amir Korazin since I don't need the accuracy when I'm using Polearm (even eating meat).

Comment

I picked up the Finger Gauntlets last night before Dynamis. The run didn't really last long enough for me to notice a difference though

Comment

I have the gauntlets and i like them a lot. same accuracy as wyrm gauntlets with attack and some good defensive stats that the wyrm gauntlets don't offer.

Comment

do DRGs still wear SH @endgame? Any time they would, I think Hydra bod would be better. it's cheaper, namely, and +3 dex does give you like... an extra 3 damage on your Pentas. >.>

Very nice defensive capabilities. Samurai could see some use for this stuff too, though they have Rasetsu/Arhat's already. But +9 evasion on their B rank evasion, and the +agi helps them 2-fold as increasing evasion to even out with SH, but also to increase their A rank Parrying. I could see a few pieces mixed and matched (like those lovely hands and their +evasion/+VIT), with the accuracy making sure their damage doesn't go down the hole too fast. Then tie in the fact that counter rate is tied heavily to accuracy and you have a capable Seigan tank. Fun fun...
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Either SH or Hydra body will probably lose to Pahluwan body for DRG (same acc and +crit). Of course that's ex and you have to do a lot of assault to get it, while you can buy the other two.

Someone actually has Amir Korazin? How strong is the Zanshin on it? Enough to be worth the stat loss compared to Assault Jerkin, or is it just useful solo where you benefit from the Evasion? I'm curious about it but I don't want to spend 20k assault points on curiosity...
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                    do DRGs still wear SH @endgame? Any time they would, I think Hydra bod would be better. it's cheaper, namely, and +3 dex does give you like... an extra 3 damage on your Pentas. >.>
                    The Hydra Mail is still pretty rare due to Hydra's pop schedule and the disbursement of scales over 5 different recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                      Someone actually has Amir Korazin? How strong is the Zanshin on it? Enough to be worth the stat loss compared to Assault Jerkin, or is it just useful solo where you benefit from the Evasion? I'm curious about it but I don't want to spend 20k assault points on curiosity...
                      As DRG/WAR in the Amir Korazin, it kicked in every now and then, enough to be noticable. as DRG/SAM, it's hard to say how much extra it kicks in compared to without it (I don't miss enough to get a good read!) Mainly I usedt because I got sick of wearing the AJ. I'll probably use the Hydra Mail full time until I finish my AF+1 body, then sell the Hydra Mail back.

However I do intend to get the full Amir set since I do enough stuff where magical AOEs kick my butt and I'd like to have the magical damage down bonus.

Comment

if you felt like doing a quick and dirty test, you could do drg/thf or drg/mage and wear it w/out brutal earring or anything that'll mess up results. Then just use unarmed attack on a mob high enough to get missed most of the time from your 0 skill punches, yet low enough to not be a threat to you. see how many times you see yourself multi-attacking (which should only come from Zanshin) out of 100 attack rounds or something. Any numbers - even inconclusive ones - are welcome (assuming they weren't just made up ).

also:

Originally posted by Mouser
                        However I do intend to get the full Amir set since I do enough stuff where magical AOEs kick my butt and I'd like to have the magical damage down bonus.
                        I just hope the set bonus provides more than what full set of hydra gives.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mouser View Post
                          Judging from the game's mechanics, I'm willing to bet that you won't notice a difference and will die all the same anyway.

Wasn't the whole Yigit set 1mp Refresh? It's somewhat disappointing, especially for a DRG with much better pieces elsewhere can be worn on the other slots ...
                          [LadyKiKi]
                          Soloed to 75

Comment

Working...
                          X