X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /cry

Hello^^
    Im kinda new to FFXI, started in august this year. But i have playd all the FF games, so im not new to Final Fantasy. So when i started out it was whit 2 gols. Level Dragoon and level Black mage. Whits i do, not thougheter ofcorse. But thing is, i know drg is not a beloved job among partys, something i dont understant at all.... But how rude can a person be? In sevral partys mainly mages and some melee classes starts out whit "a drg and a mnk? oh nooooo!" Well, thets to they pull to mutch hate, then we are all handy. But what i really wanna ask is, what have drg done to be hated? And sorry to use strong words, but i take it kinda personly. I love drg! And god damn i gat sad everytime my poor Toryu dei. Now thank pol for the new update, but still... i love my job, i like blm too, but drg is a job that says mutch more about me, and can ppl just stop saying shit about it? yeah, and mainly, after a pt the one that hated drg have to admit its not that bad.....
    Keep on rocking in the free world!
    In the end your alway alone!
    So far... So good... So what!?
    BLM/RDM ~ DRG/WAR
    Clothcraft

Re: /cry

"a drg and a mnk? oh noooooo!" could mean that they dont work good together because of skillchains, it's not because of drg, it's because of it being incompatible with some jobs at some levels, later on it becomes irrelevant as most melee can solo SC's without hurting overall damage because of powerful WS's, till then you have to suck it in.

And please, you need to double check your posts because while i can make some sense out of it, other people will most certainly not.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

lol^^ kk

But no, not that MNK and DRG in same party sucked, just that it it was two jobs that the game could do good whituot^^

Sorry for bad spelling^^ i dont speak English, so whriting it is kinda hard^^
      BLM/RDM ~ DRG/WAR
      Clothcraft

Comment

they are not 2 jobs the game can do without. whoever told you that is extremely misinformed. drg has gotten a major update and now more capable of competing for that DD spot.

mnk is probably in the top 2 of DD melee. you might not see it now during lower levels, however i still think mnk rocks in all levels, but once you see the job come into its own, mnk is just insane.

tell you this, dont listen to too much party panter especially in the lower levels, lots of people do not know what they are saying.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Hecky
          Hello^^
          Im kinda new to FFXI, started in august this year. But i have playd all the FF games, so im not new to Final Fantasy. So when i started out it was whit 2 gols. Level Dragoon and level Black mage. Whits i do, not thougheter ofcorse. But thing is, i know drg is not a beloved job among partys, something i dont understant at all.... But how rude can a person be? In sevral partys mainly mages and some melee classes starts out whit "a drg and a mnk? oh nooooo!" Well, thets to they pull to mutch hate, then we are all handy. But what i really wanna ask is, what have drg done to be hated? And sorry to use strong words, but i take it kinda personly. I love drg! And god damn i gat sad everytime my poor Toryu dei. Now thank pol for the new update, but still... i love my job, i like blm too, but drg is a job that says mutch more about me, and can ppl just stop saying shit about it? yeah, and mainly, after a pt the one that hated drg have to admit its not that bad.....
          As already stated, skillchains hate a MNK+DRG team-up. Very ineffective. Once you get in Crawler's Nest, your best friend becomes the THF who can SATA Viper Bite while you Double Thrust ahead of him with a Blizzard II following. (Done right, you'll easily kill any crawler easily enough that other DDs won't have to attack.) And despite what is believed, DRG can still DD just as well as other jobs past 40.

As stated though, in another thread, most peoples' hatred for DRG comes from single persons. If someone in your party starts screaming "DRG are sucks" or crap like that, ignore them. Don't talk to them except with yes/no/etc. until they see you in action.

Comment

ill remember that^^ hehe tnx
            BLM/RDM ~ DRG/WAR
            Clothcraft

Comment

You have to think in terms of skillchains. I find it humorous that you play both a Drg and Blm because it's the Black Mage that usually becomes anal about the party set up first. You'll soon realize how Blm-centric this game is, and that forming the proper skillchains for the Blms is the only way to rake in the experience properly. Beyond level 30 you'll find that skillchains perform a larger role and that you'll mainly be opening Distortion, or magic bursting off of it with Blizzard or Blizzaga. The strongest WS should always close the SC, which results in a more powerful SC, which results in a more powerful magic burst from the Blm.

Comment

Well, since i have playd Final Fantasy long befor this game, i have 2 jobs i just love, blm and drg. Also, i think that the main reason for playing FF is to have fun, and thats what i try to keep in mind, even though in some partys it can be a pain! People should do ther jobs, but alot of times we forget that FF is about enjoying the game. And as for BLM and DRG they are amazing jobs. And there is a mystic around them too... I think the BLMs in the game are being too selfgood. Think about it, yes i do major magic damage, but it takes 4 hits from the mob and in dead. Every job has its place. And BLM as well as DRG has the deepest place in my heart, i love them^^

I dont see why its humorous though..... i try to do a good job as BLM as well as i try doing a good job as DRG
                BLM/RDM ~ DRG/WAR
                Clothcraft

Comment

There are no bad jobs, only bad players.

People dislike dragoons only because they dont understand our true potential. We have both advantages and disadvantages. There are so many other straight forward DDs out there. The update definitely gave our job a great power boost.

You just gotta prove their assumptions wrong by playing the job to the fullest. Me and Firewing suprise a lot of people when we fight ^^ Monks...drks... pfftt!! they aint got nothin on us!
                  Our life is but a painting...
                  forever criticized for our imperfections...
                  and also adored for our brilliance...

Comment

Gah my LS started out again today about how bad drg was... makes me so angry >.< lol
                    BLM/RDM ~ DRG/WAR
                    Clothcraft

Comment

both LSs I am in respect that I am a DRG, if an LS is going to do that, I would leave them.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

One problem with having DRG and MNK in the same party is that their weapons have different strengths. A MNK is really strong against mobs weak to blunt weapons such as bones. DRGs on the other hand suck on bones but are really strong against mobs weak to piecing attacks such as flies.

That said there are mobs that both jobs can handle equally as well as each other so it shouldn't too much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                          they are not 2 jobs the game can do without. whoever told you that is extremely misinformed. drg has gotten a major update and now more capable of competing for that DD spot.
                          I'm not sure if it was exactly a major update. Lv1-70 you won't notice it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by eriiko
                            I'm not sure if it was exactly a major update. Lv1-70 you won't notice it very much.
                            Well, after the update i dont get as many snide remarks, but i do LOVE our 2hr, it saves me in some tight spots and that fact that the wyvern is on a 20 minute timer means he is there to boost my DPS for longer, giving me a much greater DoT compared to what i used to get in areas with a lot of AoE mobs.
                            Never fear Death... simply become it...
                            http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
                            Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
                            All our times have come
                            Here but now they're gone
                            Seasons don't fear the reaper
                            Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
                            Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
                            We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
                            Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Working...
                            X