This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dragoons

There are a lot of new dragoons poping up everywhere in the game well atleast on ifrit i was out just chilling with a friend who hasnt been on in a long time so O was pling her as drg/whm lmao 81 mp, good thing it was west rone. Well i get like 3 pt invites form players going can u help me get drg i wanna try it they got a new 2hr. So i ask all of you dragoons across servers help out those ppl who need the fight and please so them the love and respect for the job that we have the "true dragoons"
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Re: New dragoons

I dunno... I have mixed feelings about this. I mean... I don't like people that jump on the bandwagon when you know most of them were bashing DRG's just 2 weeks ago >.>

Comment

the way I look at this is people are now interrested in giving DRG a shot. If they try it out and like it, awesome. If they try and still hate it, oh well - we arent worse off then we were before.

There is a DRG only LS called SpiritsPurged on Midgardsormr. I got a pearl the other day and I must say... I learned alot from them. There were lower level DRGs in there too who had high level jobs of course, but they were wanting to give DRG a shot.

The Dragoon Job is a cult classic. If we stand firm and start disrespecting those who wish to give it a shot, no matter what there reason is, then we not only loose respect from others but we loose respect for ourselves. Show people the power of Jump! And let our Lances shake the ground!
      ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

exactly what i was trying to say Spazz there is more intrest in our job which is great! Not everyone who tries drg will stick with it but we can help and gain more respect with in the community just remember that the newbs and people trying out drg will be at your level one day help them become better players and get respect and you will get invites.
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

ive had this as my first job to 37. i ultimately got bored of it an its lack of appealing things. its definately a job id love to get to 60 for the AF. as for taking it to 75. is something i wont do.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
            ive had this as my first job to 37. i ultimately got bored of it an its lack of appealing things. its definately a job id love to get to 60 for the AF. as for taking it to 75. is something i wont do.

then you did not play the job right, or try subbing a mage job, that is the whole point of DRG, we can be a DD with WAR THF DRK SAM subbed or we can be an emergency healer with RDM WHM. There are aot of things we can do, but most wont even try, even some Vet DRGs are this way and it is just that plauge of ignorance floating around.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Being versatile is both a pro and a con. U can do multiple things but u don't excel at any of them. What drg excel more than being some back up healer (u really don't need back up healing anyways) is being a DD, and some players just don't get into the vibe of doing DD the Drg way.

Don't tell ppl that he/she didn't do the job right when u never pted with him or because of some 1post that he/she posted on a forum. Its retarded.
              noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea-D
                then you did not play the job right, or try subbing a mage job, that is the whole point of DRG, we can be a DD with WAR THF DRK SAM subbed or we can be an emergency healer with RDM WHM. There are aot of things we can do, but most wont even try, even some Vet DRGs are this way and it is just that plauge of ignorance floating around.
                well i think when i was a 37 drg was 2 yrs ago. drg just didnt have some of the more interesting abilities. back then 1 gob bomb could make drg dule for 2 hrs. an to be honest i really am not sure what the drg way is. as for subjobs thats just players ignorance. everyone thinks your a joke cause you have /whm, an not /war.

what is DD the drg way???

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Being versatile doesn't always imply you don't excell at everything. WAR is a versatile job that can excell at tanking or DDing. The difference is it can excell at either one, but not both at the same time. DRG can excell at doing damage just fine. Of course, it'll have to give up the healing aspect, you can't expect to be Jesus or anything.

/WHM sub on a DRG is very impressive though (in the circumstances that it appliess.) It's so ridiculously MP-efficient it still makes my jaw drop. My level 60ish DRG friend can keep me alive indefinetely for over an hour on the same DC mob when raising shield skill, because he only needs 7 MP to give me a 180 MP heal, and he has the time to rest and get it back before I need more healing. I'm really not sure why DRG/WHM doesn't get more love in missions and the likes. I mean, if you Refresh a DRG/WHM it can spam a Healing Breath EVERY 9 SECONDS without losing MP. If it gets Balland it can spam Healing Breath every 6 seconds without losing MP. That's pretty much spamming Cure IIIs. Granted, that would require the person to be constantly in the red, but this HAS to have some potential for missions and BCNM fights. Refresh and Ballad will help a WHM too, but it won't let the WHM spam Cure III every 6 seconds without losing any MP. Hell, just for soloing it's already impressive.

Comment

Nobody will respect the common dragoon when people always see them as the walking support group.

Comment

thats why we should get people to know that we have the best aromer of any job and we can dish it out so we need to show disrespecting fools that we can get the respect that we diserve. sorry about spelling
                      The endgame virus. Stop the virus. It is spreading.

HAVE SOME FUN, VANA-DIEL!

Also, listen to the smart people. They know what they are saying, and you know what? They even say it with this thing called PROPER GRAMMAR, which is more than I can say for most of you.
                      HAIL THE INTELLIGENCE OF THEGRANDMOM AND ICEMAGE!

Comment

Is the above post a joke? No seriously. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or not.

With the new 2-hr, we only have one real weakness left and that's gear selection. DRG can make due with what we have, but by comparison, our choices are so limited it's sad. I shouldn't still be wearing the gloves I equipped at level 14 by the time I equip my Sniper's Ring. Or Venerer for that matter. Although I do have to admit DRG has got some mighty fine alternatives for end game recently. I'd just like to see the selections along the way open up a bit, especially with wyvern bonuses now that we can keep them out more often.

Wow! It feels sorta funny to only be able to point out one area to improve the job in.
                        4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Wow! It feels sorta funny to only be able to point out one area to improve the job in.
                          I know right? Used to pointing out several things in a really long post.

Comment

Working...
                          X